Toast Alan Toovey

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns
Possums may be pests, claw at wood and shit absolutely everywhere but Alan Toovey is welcome in my home any day.

In a game of one on ones, where every contest can impact on the result, our own possum 'tooooovvveeeeyyyyyy' won every single contested situation and willed himself in the packs.

Didn't win a medal, probably wont hear a word of it in the paper but his game was outstanding.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

It's time to lose the whole myth of Toovey lacking talent. Is athletic and strong, doesn't lose contests and has a reasonably penetrating left boot. Was in our best handful today, for sure.

Most underrated player in our team. Has now become a pure lock down, pressure machine, a master of the one percenter and second effort, and also has cleaned up his skills considerably. That effort against Stanton was pure guts and determination, and it summed up Tooves to a tee.

Was pivotal in our success today. Stood up time and time again and didn't give up once.

It's funny but there are players that get a stigma because they make mistakes. Mistakes I can deal with it's when they make them that counts. Toovey is one of those players that just rarely ****s up when it matters. He is such a good player in one on one contested situations. Playing like that without the benefit of breating through his nose is just a fantastic effort. Long live the Possum.

Not so long ago I posted saying that this year Toovey would - like Dane Swan in previos years - incrementally improve to the point of becoming a genuinely great player. Got lots of LOLs and the rest. Ha, ha, ha wiseguys:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proved himself worth everytime he went for the ball... what else can be asked of a player

The spin out of the tackle at 3 min mark of 2nd qtr, the bounce and finding Jarryd Blair onto Pendles for a goal, was vintage TOOOOOOOOOOVES.

Highly under-rated by opposition fans, but not by us.

Top game today. :D

Fantastic game, so many little wins all over the ground, he's got such an advantage with those long strides.

I think Stanton is a little softie and only runs hard to get those cheapies which gave me so much pleasure when he lost that one-on-one with Toovs.

Mr reliable really.

Feel so confident that he will win one-on-one contests no matter who he is playing on.

Fantastic game today.

I agree, it's time to ditch the "Toovey lacks talent" myth.

The spin out of the tackle at 3 min mark of 2nd qtr, the bounce and finding Jarryd Blair onto Pendles for a goal, was vintage TOOOOOOOOOOVES.

Highly under-rated by opposition fans, but not by us.

Top game today. :D

Spot on, I was totally impressed by his performance today.. I guess that's the strength of the Pies right now, you've got so many players who can really step up when it really counts, and there's no way an opposition can keep all your gamebreakers covered!

The possum is a ****en jet!

Just doesn't fall down, doesn't lose a one on one and just burns people off with pace

I know the AA call was probably in jest, and to be honest he is not a "fashionable" footballer and therefore highly unlikely to ever get an AA gig (and some would say rightly so) but I think he has been in our best 5 or so players for the year. Hasn't played a bad game. Has done his job above and beyond expectations each week and was massive today. He has had a great start to the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Alan Toovey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back