Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah good call panthercat
mdu look second rate all of the sudden they are back in the pack with everyone else and could loose 3 in a row playing burra this week.Clarke was a joke from mdu got carved up would of only had 3 kicks i reckon

yeah good call panthercat
mdu look second rate all of the sudden they are back in the pack with everyone else and could loose 3 in a row playing burra this week.Clarke was a joke from mdu got carved up would of only had 3 kicks i reckon

surely there is more to just a form slump with mdu.. they should have taken it right up to bass and should of beaten fishy. rift between players, ideas?

surely there is more to just a form slump with mdu.. they should have taken it right up to bass and should of beaten fishy. rift between players, ideas?

Yeah i reckon ya on to something tigero lot of there players were mouthing of at each other when something went wrong but in all fairness bass outplayed them all day mdu started well and after that didnt give a yelp

dunno about a rift between the players. A lot of clubs tend to get a bit verbal towards each other when they are losing. Bass are a very good side and we should not be taking anything away from what was a very impressive performance. If you look at the ladder MDU are the side with the least points scored against. But points for are well down on the leading sides of the competition. This points to problems with the forward line. MDU recruited a handful of key forwards and it seems these guys have failed to gel into a potent forward line. Maybe a tweaking of the forward line is needed to turn MDU's form around

dunno about a rift between the players. A lot of clubs tend to get a bit verbal towards each other when they are losing. Bass are a very good side and we should not be taking anything away from what was a very impressive performance. If you look at the ladder MDU are the side with the least points scored against. But points for are well down on the leading sides of the competition. This points to problems with the forward line. MDU recruited a handful of key forwards and it seems these guys have failed to gel into a potent forward line. Maybe a tweaking of the forward line is needed to turn MDU's form around

its is my observation and on what you said in their recruiting they picked up alot of forwards.. maybe they should have got a good ruckmen or a tall agile versatile player to fill that empty spot as this recruitment would be able to free up the key position players filling in at ruck and surely with a decent tap ruckmen it would prove great for their midfield.

ideas?

its is my observation and on what you said in their recruiting they picked up alot of forwards.. maybe they should have got a good ruckmen or a tall agile versatile player to fill that empty spot as this recruitment would be able to free up the key position players filling in at ruck and surely with a decent tap ruckmen it would prove great for their midfield.

ideas?

Spot on, Ruck is definitely another area in which they struggled. Im sure they tried to track one down but as you probably know good ruckmen are hard to come by and expensive. They have a handful of tall players but none seem overly adept at filling the ruck position

Spot on, Ruck is definitely another area in which they struggled. Im sure they tried to track one down but as you probably know good ruckmen are hard to come by and expensive. They have a handful of tall players but none seem overly adept at filling the ruck position

great point, they are pretty expensive.
But dont mdu already have a forward in aiden harris? im sure now that all these new players are around him he is quite possibly unsure of his role.
in my view i think going after forwards instead of hunting down a ruckmen has quite possibly cost mdu.. its abit early to say that they arent going to win a flag but you'd have to think that it is certainly going to make it harder for them..

great point, they are pretty expensive.
But dont mdu already have a forward in aiden harris? im sure now that all these new players are around him he is quite possibly unsure of his role.
in my view i think going after forwards instead of hunting down a ruckmen has quite possibly cost mdu.. its abit early to say that they arent going to win a flag but you'd have to think that it is certainly going to make it harder for them..

Aiden has kicked over 50 goals in both his years at MDU. I think the club needed a centre half forward to complement him. The ruck issue could certainly prove costly. At the moment they have shown to be a bit off the pace. Good midfield (apart from ruck) and a solid defence. A couple of crumbing forwards could make a big difference. Someone is needed to play a roll a little like Wells from K/B, that elusive forward roll. K/B cleared the ball far too easily when it hit the ground. Same story against Fish Creek the week before. Clubs tend to get over excited about big forwards and maybe MDU got one too many instead of trying to fill other areas of need. Having said that there is still a bit of the journey to go this season and they might just come up with a potent formula before years end. Look out for a few more twists and turns in Alberton season 2011

Aiden has kicked over 50 goals in both his years at MDU. I think the club needed a centre half forward to complement him. The ruck issue could certainly prove costly. At the moment they have shown to be a bit off the pace. Good midfield (apart from ruck) and a solid defence. A couple of crumbing forwards could make a big difference. Someone is needed to play a roll a little like Wells from K/B, that elusive forward roll. K/B cleared the ball far too easily when it hit the ground. Same story against Fish Creek the week before. Clubs tend to get over excited about big forwards and maybe MDU got one too many instead of trying to fill other areas of need. Having said that there is still a bit of the journey to go this season and they might just come up with a potent formula before years end. Look out for a few more twists and turns in Alberton season 2011

yea i rate mdu as one of the best lists in the league. although probably the lack of leg speed, fitness & no ruckmen could hurt..... although it is still everyones game. should be a great month ahead!

Like the leongatha idea Leo.
What i saw of Killy Bass yest they would be too powerful for MDU especially if they get the mentioned players back.Think if their bigger bodies could match in the mid field they have a better forward line..Wasn't too impressed with Clarke for the Demons, well held by a self confessed battler

!!!!!!!!!!!;)

any reason why? he has being kicking 3 or 4 goals every week, surely there is more to it.

The most Scotts kicked is 3 goals total of 15 for the season which is 1.88 goals avg per game sort of explains itself.

Did he front up for the 2nds?
If he did he didn't kick any goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most Scotts kicked is 3 goals total of 15 for the season which is 1.88 goals avg per game sort of explains itself.

Did he front up for the 2nds?
If he did he didn't kick any goals.

He did play, No goals but the team only kicked two. Played up the ground a bit

Whats going on in Alberton MDU players force coach to quit.
Who runs the club players or committee
Feel sorry for the supporters committee who have worked hard to get them into finals.
Yarram have told league no fourths side for the rest of the year and will have a meeting Wednesday to decide the clubs future if they stay in Alberton or go elswhere.

Is it just mid season blues
or global warming;)

I think you will find there is more to it than reported in the Sentinel Times.. Lets not forget the fact that the coach resigned. The move was not forced by the players

I think you will find there is more to it than reported in the Sentinel Times.. Lets not forget the fact that the coach resigned. The move was not forced by the players

From what i have heard there was a few players who forced the coach to resign but didnt have the support of the rest of the playing group as they claimed.

Either way bad to see it happen to a good coach and a good bloke, they had lost a couple but still were a chance to win the flag if they got things back together with the talent on that list.

From what i have heard there was a few players who forced the coach to resign but didnt have the support of the rest of the playing group as they claimed.

Either way bad to see it happen to a good coach and a good bloke, they had lost a couple but still were a chance to win the flag if they got things back together with the talent on that list.

Gee that a case of the tail wagging the dog. We all have probs from time to time but that is extremely unsettling for a tilt..You just hope those that pushed take up the slack now :( Last year they seemed really tight and building toward a play off spot...Too much expectation ??

it is bad to hear that, that has happened! are any players actually walking out on the team.. if so that would be a great dissapointment as they had a very good list..

Jason Wilson put in for clearance to Korumburra-Bena.

Wonder if there will be more in the next week or so?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back