Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

hahha i never said ya did buy imports u were going on about imagine if ya s bought players u would smash everone well guess what ya didnt stop going on about burra no matter who they have in there side they would choke anyway like they always do ya have the biggest town out of anyone in the comp its not hard to get players but most clubs in the comp dont have that luctury so they have to get players in stop making excuses ya flog ya s have it made

Hahaha, this is now my favourite post ever on this site. Not a punctuation mark in sight. Took me a few times to go through this sentence (I think that's what it is) to figure out what "ya s" means and I'm pretty sure the "l" word on the last line is meant to be luxury.

Just to add fuel to the fire. Don't think for a second that Peter Helms is taking his job at K-B on a year by year basis. He's now seen what he's got at his disposal locally and who's willing to play and prepare the way he wants them to. He also now knows what he needs to fill the gaps to make them go two wins better next year. It mightn't happen next year, but while he's there they'll surely be knocking on the door for the next few years. I wouldn't be too upset if I was a bulldogs fan.

hahah who cares about punctuation and spelling what do ya expect from footballers.I am just giving ya s the the truth and that is burra choke and the wrong time of the year every year still miles behind Bass and Foster in my opinion

Looks like Jamie Cann is on the move looking for a new club has talked to Inverloch,Wonthaggi,Daylston, and anyone else who's got money my tip Leongatha who are already chasing Barthowmew,Best etc got plenty to spend.

I know there is trouble at Yarram. Coach has been sacked and a number of their top players are walking out on the club and looking for new homes next season. They are doing so in protest of the club not deciding to join the North Gippsland football league in 2012 and possibly various other reasons??

Woah big horse! No need to put the cart first when making accusations of this nature. Let's set a few things straight, shall we?

Coach has been sacked: Jeremy Reid was asked to reapply for his position as senior coach next year and elected not to do so. All coaches are required to reapply for their positions on a year-to-year basis. Sacked? No. However it can be confirmed that Jeremy will not be coaching next year.

Number of top players walking out on the club: Who are they and where have they signed? October is a long way away from when the clearances open, so how about we wait until players have applied for and been granted clearances before we start saying people have walked.

Doing so in protest of the club not deciding to join the North Gippsland Football League (NGFL) in 2012: The club recently held a meeting where people were invited to cast their vote on the whether to apply to the NGFL. Whilst there were more votes to join the NGFL than to stay in the Albertone Football League, the required 75% was not obtained. Even if the 75% was obtained, they would still need to be accepted by the NGFL. Changing leagues doesn't happen overnight. Even when the VCFL elected to move Wonthaggi on, it didn't happen straight away.

In future, check your sources before making wild accusations.

Wat is news in Alberton FL preseason 2012?

Is Anthony Pavey coaching fishy?

How are Foster going retainingnplayers now Everington has signed with Broadbeach?

Will the Allies make a signing of note, coach or player?

Are Bass able to keep their list together?

Is Troy Makepiece coaching inverloch?

The accusations arent as wild as you think.

Well ive heard he didnt have the approval of he entire playing group and various people around the club. I know the term "sacked" was a bit extreme but I believe Yarram have been exploring the idea of looking for other coaching options before officially re-appointing him but he decided to quit after hearing wind of this. He was given the cold shoulder more like it.

I believe about 60 or so percent of the clubs members voted to make the move. This left some happy and others a bit upset. Yes I understand it does take time, but they had all the right things going for them to get approved to be a North Gippy affiliate in 2012. But even if the vote was to move it may not have happened until 2013.

In regards to their players: Just heard on the grapevine the rumor is many of their players are looking at moving on next year. No official signings yet but a few are in talks with other clubs (including members of their prestegious 07 Premiership side). This is due to the fact they are over playing in the Alberton FL.

What you are pointing out is not that crazy anyway mate. Coaches and their performances are reviewed at the end of every season and I know Yarram have high expectations from their footy department. Footy clubs are run like businesses so when the season came to a close applications were opened and Jeremy decided he would not reapply.

Your completely wrong about 60% voting north gippy. It was lower than this and the club remains in Alberton and is getting on witj busineds.

Lastly, a lot of players will talk to other clubs usually to feed their ego. Thats fine, but u cant tell me that players from ur club are not talking to other teams.

Stop painting a bleak picture of other clubs when they are not disimilar to many in the league.

Foster have had a lot of recruiting power the last few years thats for sure. They dont muck around. I heard Everington is heading back to Doncaster (or whatever club it is he trains with in Melbourne) and might be taking a couple of the boys with him?

Going to QLD. Taking no-one. Recruiting a few. Should be a cracker year.

Wat is news in Alberton FL preseason 2012?

Is Anthony Pavey coaching fishy?

How are Foster going retainingnplayers now Everington has signed with Broadbeach?

Will the Allies make a signing of note, coach or player?

Are Bass able to keep their list together?

Is Troy Makepiece coaching inverloch?

Yeah bass will keep there list after the premiership they all committed to next year besides the few retirements and will only get better also have a few recruits that are not signed yet but will be.Should be the team to beat again I would think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allies, Woodside and Yarram Coaching Appointments

The Allies should be very happy with the appointment of Shane Buckley. Playing/coach who grew up with the club and has tasted success. With their young list, he will provide good experience and leadership in what will be a tough year ahead.

Luke Anedda has been appointed coach of the Woodside Wildcats, with Anthony Banik, former number 1 draft pick (Richmond - 1989) taking the reigns as Director of Coaching. Interesting setup, with Anedda quite young and having his first crack at senior coaching. Will be interesting to see who actually makes the decisions out at the Wildcats.

Anthony Pavey coaching Yarram is definitely a left field choice. There has been some history between the two, but word is the players and committee are supportive of the move and are looking forward to a game plan with more discipline. Pavey is a career coach who knows how to get the best out of a group of players and with a young group at hand, has a great opportunity to push for finals.

There are always positives and negatives with any new appointment. All three coaches have big challenges ahead of them in season 2012, I wish them all the best.

Re: Allies, Woodside and Yarram Coaching Appointments

The Allies should be very happy with the appointment of Shane Buckley. Playing/coach who grew up with the club and has tasted success. With their young list, he will provide good experience and leadership in what will be a tough year ahead.

Luke Anedda has been appointed coach of the Woodside Wildcats, with Anthony Banik, former number 1 draft pick (Richmond - 1989) taking the reigns as Director of Coaching. Interesting setup, with Anedda quite young and having his first crack at senior coaching. Will be interesting to see who actually makes the decisions out at the Wildcats.

Anthony Pavey coaching Yarram is definitely a left field choice. There has been some history between the two, but word is the players and committee are supportive of the move and are looking forward to a game plan with more discipline. Pavey is a career coach who knows how to get the best out of a group of players and with a young group at hand, has a great opportunity to push for finals.

There are always positives and negatives with any new appointment. All three coaches have big challenges ahead of them in season 2012, I wish them all the best.

Pavey a classic man, so passionate about his footy.

Last year when we played Woodside one of the Woodside players was on the ground and overran the footy, Pavey turned to the bench and screamed I want him off, I don't care who you put on but I dont want this goose on!! Hahahaha.

Has had some classic stoushes including a notorious one at Churchill in the social rooms, definitely a passionate football follower.

Re: Allies, Woodside and Yarram Coaching Appointments

Well sugar coated Thierry.. Are Woodside playing in Alberton league this year ??

Good spot Mr Duckdog! Woodside are playing in the North Gippsland League this year, however I did think it relevant to mention their coaching appointment.

It has been said that the Allies job was Anedda's for the taking, but he turned it down for the Wildcats.

I'm not going to sugar coat it for you, it's looking like another 0-18 year out your way for the seniors. Your juniors are looking strong, which is where the future of the Allies lies.

The only worry I have is the reserves. How many games did Allies forfeit in 2011? I believe it was just the one game, but if 2 games are forfeited by the reserves - does that mean the club folds? Correct me if I am wrong on this ruling.

Would love to see the Allies prove me wrong and come out strong. It might even produce a 'Mini Ha-Ha' up your way.

I wish the allies would just fold already, I dont think there is any hope for them to rebuild. 0 wins and 18 losses looking good. The only team they had a chance of beating last year was Toora and that definetely wont be happening next year as Toora have been splashing the money around this year attracting new players.

If Killy Bass can keep all their major premiership players for the up-coming 2012 season that will be a massive feat! Cant see it happening though, fair to say a few will be offered much bigger coin else where and will take the money and run. :spade:

Killy will be not be as good next season, but will be up there though no doubt. Too top heavy and they wont find another two hundred odd grand to do it again. Lot of money just for a flag. A little country town cant justify that sort of dough.

Killy will be not be as good next season, but will be up there though no doubt. Too top heavy and they wont find another two hundred odd grand to do it again. Lot of money just for a flag. A little country town cant justify that sort of dough.

Gee bulldog u must be from burra bit jelous of what bass have achieved.To top heavy haha it won them a flag u flog and we never spent any where near the amount of money.Hate to tell ya buddy to win a flag in alberton u need to buy players it's how footy is now.I will tell ya right now bass will be better than last year all the players are staying and also have some new recruits.Also have played a season together and all good mates so there only gunna get better.

I see Phillip Island have appointed Brendan Hickman as coach for 2012 does anyone know much about him also looks like they may have James Taylor signed as well hope his knee holds up

Thought I would spice things up on here and see what feedback I get. Club by Club review. Take it or leave it. An outsiders view.

1. Kilcunda Bass
I find it hard to believe that Kilcunda Bass will keep all their players. Good luck to them if they do, because they will be up there again if thats the case.
Holmes, O'Bryan and the like are genuine guns. Not to mention Luke James. Wow!!

2. Foster
Barthomelow gone, Everington gone, Best gone. Who else will walk, supporters who jumped on the 2010 bandwagon?
Although these 3 put a dent in their campaign there are strong rumours Jack Weston is returning to the club after being delisted from Geelong, and Granger a member of their 2010 premiership is returning.

3. Korumbura
Some people forget that the Bulldogs finished 3rd in 2011. Peter Helms was always going to be positive for this young list. Cade Maskell emerged as a key forward and if they can keep him and get Hillberg firing fit then anything is possible. Just a good all round list with plenty of on ball depth but no real stars. As they say a champion team will beat a team of champions.

4. Fish Creek
There older players who have provided that experience including Livingstone Standfield and Rouda are not getting any younger. Will the so called young guns take the next step? I cant see them being real contenders unless this happens.
Jago a find for the season but he is a bit loose, will he stay and stay dedicated?
Massive rumours in that Blake Anderson, assistant coach for season 2011 is seeking a new home.

5. MDU
A toppsy turvy season for the demons. Tohiariki a consistent performer and gun pickup. Adkins again had a good year. But its what is next that hurts them. They always come out with gusto and show what team footy is all about, as shown by their spread of goalkickers. Can they take the next step as a team? I think they need a big forward who can seriously play.

6. Stony Creek
Slip slip slip away. I think Stony will be the big sliders down the ladder in season 2012. It is understandable as they have been real contenders for a few solid years. Hutchinson not getting any younger or harder for a matter of fact. Stone a good youngster but I think he may join his brother at Leongatha.

7. Dalyston
The big dissapointment of season 2011. There was massive hype in the preseaon of their list and recruits. What did they do? Well not much. Russel was carrying some nick and only managed 36 goals. They lack guns and real guns. Maybe they should not worry so much about the Wonthaggi rejects and start getting some big fish from the Melbourne area. Still always a hard team on the day to play but finals football eluded them again.

8. Inverloch
Failed to put together a consistent year. When they were on gee they were on. Dryden a handy backmen, Cross a nuggety rover and Krause is something special up forward proving you dont have to be big to be good or take a grab.
Compare them to a Killy Bass and again like most clubs lack depth. Their bottom 5 hurt them.

9.Yarram
Underachievers is the best terminolgy here. They have some genuine gun players but they dont gel as a team. Enter Anthony Pavey. From all reports their guns including Bruns, Swift X 2, Jenkins, Jamieson and Lynch X 2 are sticking around and if Pavey and his history are anything to go by, having coached Leongatha and DWWWW in their prime, you can only put this team on the up.

10. Phillip Island
The loss of the Vernon brothers hurt them but it only meant others had to stand up, which they didnt.
Surely being closer to Melbourne than the other clubs is an advantage. Some good young kids but they need some big bodys.

11. Tarwin
Every club has their ups and every club has their downs. Tarwin went down this year but they played the kids and this can only be respected. Cann was a level head and is still very handy as he gets older.

12. Toora
Not much to say really as there hasnt been massive improvement from a team perspective. Grant is exciting, but he needs help. Rumour has it they have saved up dosh to go out and buy big. Time will tell.

13. DWWWW
Rewind to the late 90's early 2000's and some of the players that pulled on a Allies jumper were nothing short of exceptional players. This is a far cry from the state of the club now. They front up with a reserves like side every Saturday and their ego is smashed every week. Where are their juniors from years gone by? Loyalty is an issue here. Lets hope they rebuild to competitiveness because how many more years can this go on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back