Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on short fuse people can bag out clubs all they want about spending money but at the end of the day If you want to compete that's what u have to do or u get left behind.All smiles here to grimy I have a premiership medal and bagging out the alberton comp to try and down play it ain't working for ya buddy a senior flag is a senior flag

Still celebrating the premiership by the sound of it mate, happy for Bass to win the flag, good on em, rather them than burra. Just hope its sustainable. Seen lots of clubs do the same thing and then on the bottom 2 years later.

I think Geegrimeys football credentials stack up fairly well too for a "twos" player.

Nah not still celebrating the flag we are looking forward to this season just hate it how people bag a club out for recruiting players to try and get somewhere after 20 lean years.Bass will not be a one year wonder the have kept most of there list and picked up what they needed.

I dunno about everyone else but ive heard just about enough of all this killy bass bullshit, its all we have heard about since last september. If there are any bloody good they will be there again, until then its game on so lets just get into this year hey!!!. :footy::footy:

I dunno about everyone else but ive heard just about enough of all this killy bass bullshit, its all we have heard about since last september. If there are any bloody good they will be there again, until then its game on so lets just get into this year hey!!!. :footy::footy:

Any new guys heading down your way bulldog? hearing rumors some city blokes might be coming soon

Was fed up hearing about how well Killy Bass have recruited. So I did a little research.
Luke Odonoghue - From Longwarry who finished 8th 14 senior matches, 3 reserve matches, 1 goal, never mentioned in the best.
Casey Wells – From Longwarry who finished 8th 5 senior matches, 4 reserve matches, 2 goals and was mentioned in the best once against Nyora.
Peter Sibly – Is nothing more than an absolute SPUD. From Poowong and played 3 games in the reserves.
Ben Emberson – From Tyabb who finished 9th out of 11. Played 5 senior matches ( 1 goal), 8 reserve matches (10 goals) and was named in the best once.
David Fevaleaki – From Pakenham who finished 5th. Played 2 senior games (No goals, never mentioned in the best. 2 reserve games for 3 goals.
Matt Hendry – From Barooga who finished 9th in a 13 team league and coped some massive hidings. Played 18 senior matches, kicked 7 goals and was mentioned in the best on 8 occasions. Was also a part of the 2006 Nyora Premiership but is getting on in age and is past his best.
Hardly the guns they are rumoured to be. :spade:

Matt Hendry – From Barooga who finished 9th in a 13 team league and coped some massive hidings. Played 18 senior matches, kicked 7 goals and was mentioned in the best on 8 occasions. Was also a part of the 2006 Nyora Premiership but is getting on in age and is past his best.
Hardly the guns they are rumoured to be. :spade:[/quote]

Not sticking up for Killy Bass, but a 28 year old getting old in age? Also played in 07 flag. Pretty good footy in the Murray League

Hardly the guns they are rumoured to be. :spade:

Not sticking up for Killy Bass, but a 28 year old getting old in age? Also played in 07 flag. Pretty good footy in the Murray League[/quote]

Murray is a lot better footy league than Alberton. Barooga had a good side and played in finals and a prelim the 2 years before that, you watched a few games up there have you??

Does look a lot older than 28 though magicman. I guess Luke James is about 27 so he must be almost past it too!!

Brett Anthony was 36 last year and played in the premiership.Also was best on ground in the semi if 28 is getting on half the comp might as well hang up the boots

If they are all recruits, the Alberton League must be tripe. But Hendry is a gun, GUN. Best skills you will find and can play any position on the ground. I have played with a few players who have done well (recent senior league B and F, a few leading goal kickers) from Alberton League and Hendry is clearly the best I have played with.

He is not past it, just looks it... And is a bloody good bloke.

I also hate Killy Bass.

You are right grimy hendry is a jet always has been.The players that have been named beside s hendry are not there main recruits they will all be on the border of 2s and seniors.They have a few other players but not signed yet.As everyone keeps saying all this talk about bass is just boring shit just get the season started and see what happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stuff that... i wanna hear if mdu are still gonna be spuds??? i hope so!!! killy might have spent a lot last year but mdu have spent truckloads over the last 5yrs and have absolutely nothing to show for it haha

To everyone who wants to guess what Bass spent last year I will tell how to find out put your hand in your pocket become a member go to the AGM look at the audited profit loss reports then that will clear up the untruths about what they have spent.
Thats what I did.
And guess what they made a profit.
Become a member if you want to know more.

Im going to go out on a limb here and predict my ladder for season 2012 at the current time. This is a prediction based on information I know regarding recruiting and player losses from last season.

1. Kilcunda Bass
2. Korumburra
3. Foster
4. Yarram
5. Fish Creek
6. Dalyston

7. MDU
8. Stony Creek
9. Phillip Island
10. Inverloch
11. Tarwin
12. Toora
13. DWWWW

A good idea P.Kitty, this would stop people speculating on what clubs are spending whilst helping the finances of struggling clubs with a much needed membership boost. A win/win for all parties. HHP I think the bottom two sides pick themselves. I think we will have an interesting year again with most of the teams in the hunt for finals. Looking at your ladder you have Yarram as the big improvers, Havent really heard of who they have recruited or lost. Hoping you can fill us in on player movements at YFC

To everyone who wants to guess what Bass spent last year I will tell how to find out put your hand in your pocket become a member go to the AGM look at the audited profit loss reports then that will clear up the untruths about what they have spent.
Thats what I did.
And guess what they made a profit.
Become a member if you want to know more.

Surely you dont actually believe this? There would not be many clubs that dont pay cash to players that doesnt hit the books. No clubs wages on the P & L would ever be a true refelction of payments.

An Audit from a country accountant means nothing either, check a few receipts and payments, bank balances and that is it.

Surely you dont actually believe this? There would not be many clubs that dont pay cash to players that doesnt hit the books. No clubs wages on the P & L would ever be a true refelction of payments.

An Audit from a country accountant means nothing either, check a few receipts and payments, bank balances and that is it.
yeah u r right, mdu all ways pays under the table but all ways back fires cause they cant win

That_Guy give us some names please.. St Leo and bombersfan51 the only reason clubs paid under the table in the past was because of the salary cap. Now that there isnt a salary cap clubs have no reason to use these payments. I think if you did some research you would find that what most clubs declare is what they pay. All clubs have to be incorporated now and face huge fines if they are found to be paying off the books. Bombersfan 51 you obviously have inside knowledge of the goings on at the MDUFC judging by your statement, or are you just jumping on the MDU bashing bandwagon. Also I would like to see you tell Pavey what you posted here. If you are game

How dumb are you panthercat??? What player in their right mind would take $400+ (What Killy pay some boys) a game on the books if it is their second income? They would be taxed through the roof! Bass pay cash off the books on top of some small amounts on the books, I have seen and been told it by your players more than once. If you (Panthercat) want me to name them and how much exactly they get paid I can...

Who cares if you pay a truck load, you can obviously afford to do it. I would love to see the pretender behind the keyboard tell Pavey his thoughts! I reckon you'd get 2 words in before 'bop' dead.

I love bagging Bass about money, can we devote a forum to it?

All the top teams in the comp spend big bucks it's only because bass won the flag they get bagged.Never hear about how much Daly,Mdu and fishy spend but if one of those teams win the flag this year no doubt that's all we will here next year.If clubs want to spend money to be at the pointy end after so many years down the bottom who cares.Football just goes in circles 10 to 20 years ago Dwww won premierships year after year now they can't buy a win.Also the comp is that far apart that clubs have to compensate players for driving 4hr round trips on a Saturday or they wouldn't get players to the club which would mean clubs would get teams on the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back