Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the juniors in Melbourne a week back had 3 games cancelled from different leagues.

my final ladder;
1st: foster
2nd: stony creek
3rd: phillip island
4th: mdu
5th: tarwin
6th: fish creek

foster aren't unbeatable mdu only lost by a point at foster... they were up with a minute to go but a mistake in manning up cost mdu the game!
its anyones for the taking.
i'm tipping tarwin as a reall darkhorse, don't write them off after a couple of losses, they have a gun forward line and a pre good middle.

my final ladder;
1st: foster
2nd: stony creek
3rd: phillip island
4th: mdu
5th: tarwin
6th: fish creek

foster aren't unbeatable mdu only lost by a point at foster... they were up with a minute to go but a mistake in manning up cost mdu the game!
its anyones for the taking.
i'm tipping tarwin as a reall darkhorse, don't write them off after a couple of losses, they have a gun forward line and a pre good middle.
Just wondering about this rubbish statement about the dark horse mutly ???? Tarwin have won 1 of the last 5 games !!!! There only win in 5 weeks was against Toora which as we have seen everybody beats. Wouldn't the dark horse be M.D.U having run foster to a point last week and some solid results over a 10-12 week period ?? So by your ladder tarwin will meet M.D.U in the first final and the sharks will come out on top ?? Shit statement Mutly you are just enhancing your rep as one of the worst posters on big footy. I also would not write off last years premiers yet to hit top form they may find themselves coming good at the right time of year, time will tell.

Note. Foster are unbeatable at the moment, they havent lost, they proved on the weekend even when they are down they will find a way to win...not the first time Island thirds have been involved in a brawl after the final siren either. Another note that of those four losses rabble one was by 3 points to stony, another by 6 points to fishy and another by 2 goals to burra.

Note. Foster are unbeatable at the moment, they havent lost, they proved on the weekend even when they are down they will find a way to win...not the first time Island thirds have been involved in a brawl after the final siren either. Another note that of those four losses rabble one was by 3 points to stony, another by 6 points to fishy and another by 2 goals to burra.
Burra out of the top six and fishy hanging on for deer life hardly a great form line i think you have to agree Able. Lets not forget the 73 point drubbing at the hands of foster was in there to wasn't it ? Another win to foster only by 2 points backing up there 1 point win from the previous week i think you have to agree they are now on shaky ground. To say they are unbeatable is a little far fetched even though this has not happened this year cracks seem to be appearing in there armour. The pressure that comes with being undeafeated might be carrying more weight than you think expectations are very high for the tigers this year so anything less than the flag will be a massive disappiontment for them.

cann someone inform me of what actually happened at tarwins red ticket day? rumour has it things rnt so rosey at shark park atm... was there a punch up.. did anyone play drunk against the island.. is someone leaving and trying to poach talent??

As far as I can make out lads, MDU Vs Burra will decide the ass end of the top six. MDU is fairly handy form and Burra hot and cold. How is MDU's ground? If it's any good they might struggle in Burra's flogged out paddock cows wouldn't graze in. Anyway go Dee's and end burra's season and in club dictatorship.

cann someone inform me of what actually happened at tarwins red ticket day? rumour has it things rnt so rosey at shark park atm... was there a punch up.. did anyone play drunk against the island.. is someone leaving and trying to poach talent??

i thought you were smarter then this nobrot, it is utter dribble. Red ticket was a great success and everyone seemed to enjoy themself. There is no tensions between the coach and his players at the moment, they played one of their best games for the year on the weekend against an Inverloch side that really came hard at them.

Burra out of the top six and fishy hanging on for deer life hardly a great form line i think you have to agree Able. Lets not forget the 73 point drubbing at the hands of foster was in there to wasn't it ? Another win to foster only by 2 points backing up there 1 point win from the previous week i think you have to agree they are now on shaky ground. To say they are unbeatable is a little far fetched even though this has not happened this year cracks seem to be appearing in there armour. The pressure that comes with being undeafeated might be carrying more weight than you think expectations are very high for the tigers this year so anything less than the flag will be a massive disappiontment for them.

I agree it is not great form at all but tarwin seemed to play with a real thirst for the contest against inverloch that they have lacked in recent weeks. I think Foster's form shows that even with their backs against the wall and with a string of injuries they have proved they can win in tight physical contests. You would have to be a very brave man to tip against them. Fishy have now won 3 in a row so they are in some form, and your dark horses mdu have won 2 of their last 5 which included a loss to kilkunda bass?

I agree it is not great form at all but tarwin seemed to play with a real thirst for the contest against inverloch that they have lacked in recent weeks. I think Foster's form shows that even with their backs against the wall and with a string of injuries they have proved they can win in tight physical contests. You would have to be a very brave man to tip against them. Fishy have now won 3 in a row so they are in some form, and your dark horses mdu have won 2 of their last 5 which included a loss to kilkunda bass?
which is bad why?:D:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 men in a car crash today. Heading towards Meenyian. Word around is that they were Stony players? can anyone confirm?

any way the best of luck to those people involved in the crash and families.

Yes 2 players from stonys 18's side I believe they are ok from what I was told today but the crash was pretty bad hwy was closed for a few hrs.
My thoughts are with all concerned.

A rather epic final round to finish off the season. I saw a bit of the Tarwin / Yarram game. Given the way Yarram played I would have thought them a more deserving side than Tarwin to make finals. Throughout the game they were very efficient the way they moved the football and delivered into Swift. It's a shame they haven't been playing this well all year, they could've been quite a force in finals.
Tarwin's side looks like it could be make a quick exit from the finals. From what I saw their structure was very poor and the fitness level of players seems to be right down. I'm aware that they also seemed to be burdened with a few injuries. Since it is likely that Tarwin will be given the four points from today's match due to Yarram playing an unregistered player they will play Fish Creek on sunday at Stony Creek rather than Phillip Island at Foster on saturday. I however would consider it in Tarwin's best interests to not take the points and play Phillip Island, who often struggle away from home, rather than the in form Fish Creek at Stony Creek where Tarwin themselves often struggle with the characteristics of the ground.
Looking back at previous results from the season it is a wonder that they even made the finals. They've lost to all teams within the top six as well as MDU throughout the season, only beating Fish Creek and Korumburra in their first meetings at the start of the season. I fail to see how they will match any team in the finals.
It came down to the final round and when MDU needed to win they choked, as I expected. They had their chances but when in came to crunch time they couldn't perform. Fish Creek have definately earnt their place in the finals. They've have hit good form at the perfect time. Tarwin are likely to be in some real trouble if turns out that they have to play them in the first round of the finals.
Korumburra may struggle to match Phillip Island, but a neutral ground at Foster will definately even things up. Phillip Island don't play as well as they do at home so it is very possible that Korumburra can beat them.
It should be interesting to see how the first week of finals pans out.

Did either team have a backline on the day LOL

Teams played each other a lot in 06 and 07 and often very high scoring games with over 20 goals each. 2nd semi nyora won that year was about 26 goals to 23.

Nyora kicked 11 in the first quarter, catani had a couple of backman injured early off for the game. Both teams similar attacking style with great forwards and not very defensive midfields so always great games to watch, was a good rivarly for a few years.

Mdu the most unluckiest team in alberton history probably! There seniors were a very good side all year they probably had one of the better lists in the league but when it came down to it, they played selfish football and lost what should of been there first finals campaign since 2004, where they went undefeatd all year till the stumbled through finals to loose to tarwin the granny!
The reserves were up and down all year had a good young side but could never pull it together, finally when they did it was to late...
Mdu's thirds should of been another certain finalist not moving out of the six all year and beatin everyone below them convincingly... But poor from and a bad loss to bass cost them a spot!
The fourths were similar to the reserves, but unlike the reserves they beat some teams in the top six and also loosing some should win games being ahead at 3/4 against the top two sides, but leaving there run to late cost them finals.

All in all i'm not quite sure if its the first time in league history that this has happend, but every team finished 7th!

i don't know about unlucky, when it came down to they just weren't good enough to win the games they needed to get into the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back