Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolute joke that corbin hasnt been allowed to play. It's junior footy after all, the players arent playing for money their playing for fun and for the love of the game. Who cares if his name wasnt put on the team sheet one game, if burra wanted to challenge themselves they would allow him to play!

Funny ain't it.. Burra has worst atmosphere and can't wait to get out of there after game..Mr Dulux talks them up but seems a hollow sort of camp.Does this go back to Bena faction?? Able i hear what you are saying but you can't have it both ways and the young blokes need to know that if you want to get the match payments for seniors early in the year and play with the big boys you can't drop back when it suits.. Big day of catering tommorrow.....drink up boys

Funny ain't it.. Burra has worst atmosphere and can't wait to get out of there after game..Mr Dulux talks them up but seems a hollow sort of camp.Does this go back to Bena faction?? Able i hear what you are saying but you can't have it both ways and the young blokes need to know that if you want to get the match payments for seniors early in the year and play with the big boys you can't drop back when it suits.. Big day of catering tommorrow.....drink up boys

Biggest stuff up at burra was sacking Paul Alger after 1 season. Think this was the Bena faction. Lost about 20 blokes and a lot have never returned. Since then they have gone for the quick fix with paid players which has caused a lot of talented juniors to leave. Lots around the club are happy to win 2's and junior flags. With the talented kids, support of a big town and dont support any other teams like most in gippy latrobe do, they should be playing in a better standard league, most underachieving club in Gippsland by far.

Wow!

2 years undefeated in regular season and Killy Bass lose 2 GFs.

Really got to feel for the young fellas and the club. :(

I think the last thing they won was the u13s about 10 years ago.

absolute joke that corbin hasnt been allowed to play. It's junior footy after all, the players arent playing for money their playing for fun and for the love of the game. Who cares if his name wasnt put on the team sheet one game, if burra wanted to challenge themselves they would allow him to play!
ARE YOU SERIOUS !!:eek: Corbin was not allowed to play because he did not qualify by playing enough games !!! And as for burra testing themselves it's a grand final mate all you want to do is win it and if you come up against lesser oposition who cares you win the cup get your photo taken it goes up in the rooms and you all go down in the history books.

burra wouldnt have had any say in the matter, it was up to the vcfl and thats the rules

It is sad Corbin didn't play but the rules are the rules all Yarram had to do was make sure he played enough games to qualify its not that hard or maybe it is?

Mixed day at Inverloch with the results but the ground was in fantastic condition. Does this mean they may play the Granny at Invy from now on? I got 2 out of 4 in my tips but great day by all. Burra twos can they win a flag but well done Invy boys played really well. Foster prove they can dominate and poor old Killy lost again. Interested in everyone thoughts on the day

Invy flogging Burra in the 2nds made my day, I mean week, na, I mean month. On par with their 1sts going down a few weeks ago. Just another 3rds flag to go with the other 10 or so they've got in the cupboard.

Will we ever see this success flow through to their seniors or are their juniors too smart and jump ship when they're faced with the politics of the senior grades? Was told recently Burra seniors have not won a final since their current coach has been at the helm. Pathetic return from the positions they have been in during the last few years.:confused:

Invy flogging Burra in the 2nds made my day, I mean week, na, I mean month. On par with their 1sts going down a few weeks ago. Just another 3rds flag to go with the other 10 or so they've got in the cupboard.

Will we ever see this success flow through to their seniors or are their juniors too smart and jump ship when they're faced with the politics of the senior grades? Was told recently Burra seniors have not won a final since their current coach has been at the helm. Pathetic return from the positions they have been in during the last few years.:confused:

Yeh i think you are spot on about there seniors winning a final cannot believe it actually. For them to choke so badly its unbelievable really for so long. They only need to make one simple adjustment and thats keep there kids but gees that seems to hard. You could see it in there twos that they were nervous before the game and they dont have the will to push for those extra contests. Maybe there happy coming second

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkey has gone to MDU a real foward move after losing last years guns looking foward to the first match and hope he plays the same disciplined footy he did at Bass :rolleyes:

it is sad news that donny epa who played for MDU last year passed away on the 3rd november, was a gun footballer and im sure will be sorely missed.

News just yesterday is Matt Pugh has resigned as coach of Inverloch and there is a strong rumour that he will be replaced by Wonthaggi senior coach of last year (Bronson). Sad to see Matt go but excellent signing if they get it which from all reports is just about over the line
Was he sacked or pushed ?

Killy Bass picked up a few good players from what i hear. Any Bass people want to let everyone know whats going on down there?

yeah bass have picked up some top quality player s

herd they have signed
tim smith burra
fitzgerald from poowong herd is a gun
and jess attenboughs cousin or brother herd is a jet too

not sure about any other pick ups
bass were there abouts this year i reckon they could be the big mover in 2011

yeah bass have picked up some top quality player s

herd they have signed
tim smith burra
fitzgerald from poowong herd is a gun
and jess attenboughs cousin or brother herd is a jet too

not sure about any other pick ups
bass were there abouts this year i reckon they could be the big mover in 2011

Tim Smith is Ass coach.
Ryan Fitzgerald is a good midfielder, gets lots of the footy. Jared is Jess's older brother, another good midfielder, really good at clearances and around the packs. Should be suited on Bass's mudheap when it gets wet.

Tim Smith is Ass coach.
Ryan Fitzgerald is a good midfielder, gets lots of the footy. Jared is Jess's older brother, another good midfielder, really good at clearances and around the packs. Should be suited on Bass's mudheap when it gets wet.

wont be a mud heap any more the council that do phillip island and wonthaggi s ground has taken it over so hopefully it get s fixed because is easiley the worst ground in victoria

Why do I get the feeling you already knew who the names were Leo? Why didn't you just say them.

Or is Bench Boy you as well?

Long way to drive from the city to Killy Bass, though not much further than Kor-Bena or Poowong I guess.

Who's the coach down there? What was the motivator for these guys going down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back