Alberton Swamprats 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost by 9 behinds
:) Good
* Groove kicked 5
* Ferox, Bresh, Andre, _espoir picked up 14+ possessions
:( Bad
* Porthos will be skipper next week with Macca out injured
* PAFolwr (0), JuniorBurger (1), Russian (2) and Ray Nolan (1) struggled for touches
* We've dropped out of the 8 on percentage
:mad: Ugly
* Pred and dreamkillers gave away 4 and 5 free kicks respectively

If Macca wasn't injured, I would recommend dropping me to the seconds.

Alberton 13.11 (89)
Wonders 13.20 (98)

Best: Ferox, Bresh, _espoir, Groove, Santos L Helper, Eago77, dyertribe

Goals: Groove 5, Eago77 2, Bresh, Macca19, Andre, Santos L Helper, rubberman, Crazy_Big_Al

Dissapointing loss really as we didnt play too well and nearly came away with a win. However, had the Wonders kicked straighter. We were able to keep in touch with the Wonders and hit the lead a few times but just couldnt keep in front or put any real pressure on them.

Our top 8 or 9 players were very good but it really dropped away after that. I thought our defence for the most part stood up pretty well. I really like dyertribe and Nicski on those back flanks and Ferox has impressed a lot at Full Back. Our midfield was strong again, _espoir enjoying her role in the midfield and Eago77 continuing his good form. Groove again kicked 5, onya champ but we are struggling to find other reliable goalkickers up forward. Santos has played some good games at CHF so far this year but hasnt been a big goalkicker yet.

Unfortunately, i strained my achilles a bit (sounds familiar) so will miss next week. Sorry guys. Im gonna make some position changes this week.

Im gonna put Scott back in and sog35 will come back in after injury. Im gonna move Nicski into my spot in the centre because i think she is in good form and deserves a run in the middle. Dyertribe...I know you want that midfield spot but I love the way you are playing off the back flank at the moment and am unwilling to move one of my most creative defenders. Your chance will come in the midfield again so have some patience and keep playing good footy and it will come.

Im gonna move Porthos up forward to see if he can improve up there. Russian, you will go back down to defence to also see if you can pick up some form. Im gonna bring portentous in and PAFowlr you are gonna have another stint in the ressies to see if you can find the football a bit.

Gonna hit the track hard this week guys.

Macca19 said:
Dyertribe...I know you want that midfield spot but I love the way you are playing off the back flank at the moment and am unwilling to move one of my most creative defenders. Your chance will come in the midfield again so have some patience and keep playing good footy and it will come.

Noted.

Go Swampies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it was a tight game! as wonders acting captain i would like to congratulate you on putting up a great fight! and as a crows supporter i must say it was rather sweet to kick the sealer late in the final quater against a port team:p

Watch me do my best Toby Thurstans impression.

Macca19 said:
Im gonna move Porthos up forward to see if he can improve up there. Russian, you will go back down to defence to also see if you can pick up some form. Im gonna bring portentous in and PAFowlr you are gonna have another stint in the ressies to see if you can find the football a bit.
Portentous, what are you talking about? :confused:

You are in the side!

Alberton 16.11 (107)
Mt. Buller 7.12 (54)

Best: Groove, kaysee, Pred, Eago77, sog35, Andre, Crazy Big Al, Santos L Helper

Goals: Groove 6, Crazy Big Al 2, Bresh, kaysee, dreamkillers, juniorburger, Pred, Scott, Eago77, _espoir

Huge win. Great work. Our biggest victory yet. Groove had 6 goals and 7 marks in a BOG effort. Kaysee and Pred werent far behind him tho. Pred played one of his best games for the season. Big Al was awesome in the ruck whilst Eago and andre continued their great form this year.

A couple of downers. dyertribe had his quietest game for a while and Nicski didnt get much ball or gametime in the middle. Porthos continues to struggle.

Still, cant fault a big win like that. Ray Nolan got himself suspended but I come back in.

Yeah, I am in ********house form this year...the less I get near the ball, the better we do :(

Is there anyone in the forward line not benefitting from my style of 'crash and burn' play? Gather around and reap the benefits.

ps. Get Porthos away from me! It's only a matter of time before his inadequacies cause dissension amongst the forwards too.

;)

Round 13:
Alberton 12.8 (80)
Titans 10.16 (76)

Best: Bresh, dreamkillers, dyertribe, Nicski, Groove, Ferox, Pred, JuniorBurger

Goals: Groove 4, JuniorBurger 3, _espoir 2, Bresh MrMeaner Andre

After waiting a while for this game to be played, i didnt check the Fantasy Board for one day and then the games already played so I didnt get to make the changes or pick the team....but what a win!!

Awesome comeback. We were behind by 3 goals for the majority of the match..fell behind by 4 early in the last but kicked 4 goals in a row to tie the scores. The Titans kicked some points but we rushed the ball forward in the last minute and "The Man Like God" Groove kicked the winner with 4 seconds left.

So a great sneakaway win away from home and another awesome performance by the Groove thang. I gave Bresh the BOG trophy today as i thought he was excellent. dreamkillers played his best game this season, as did Junior who cemented himself in the side. Even tho we were behind for most of the game I thoguht our defence held up pretty well. It definately wasnt our best game but we came away with it.

Both myself and Ray Nolan will be back in the starting lineup next week. At the moment it looks like Scott and Russian are gonna miss out on a spot. Maybe a run in the twos will get them back into form.

4 wins in the last 5 games and we seem to be going alright. We are still in that precarious position where a loss or two will see us drop out of the eight so we need to keep this run of good form going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton Swamprats 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back