Alberton Swamprats 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton back on track

Alberton 10.9 69
Roys 9.6 60

Best: Scott, Santos L Helper, Groove, Ferox, Bresh
Goals: Groove 4, Scott, Santos L Helper, Pred, Ray Nolan, Crazy_Big_Al, _espoir

After 4 weeks of losing because of last quarter comebacks, Alberton were on the right side of a comeback against the Roys last night.

After being 15 points down with nine minutes left to play, the Swamprats, kicked four unanswered goals to record their first win in over a month.

Full Forward Groove proved once again to be a saviour, kicking four goals which included two in two minutes to give Alberton the lead and then stretch it to 10 points.

Usual back pocket Scott, who has been a fringe player this year proved a success in the midfield with 17 disposals and a goal, whilst Santos scared the opposition senseless again with 15 disposals and a goal.

This win puts the Swamprats back on track and keeps them in sixth spot but are still only 1 1/2 games clear of ninth.

Groove moves to within sixth goals of the milestone 100-goal mark.

About friggin time!

Macca19 said:
Alberton back on track

Alberton 10.9 69
Roys 9.6 60

Best: Scott, Santos L Helper, Groove, Ferox, Bresh
Goals: Groove 4, Scott, Santos L Helper, Pred, Ray Nolan, Crazy_Big_Al, _espoir

Usual back pocket Scott, who has been a fringe player this year proved a success in the midfield with 17 disposals and a goal

Scheiße, I nearly fell off my chair. :D

Nice to help the team get out of the drought, maybe I have now found my position.

Swampies steady as Groove reaches milestone

Alberton 20.9 129
Wonders 17.18 120

Best: Eago77, Porthos, Dyertribe, Santos L Helper, Groove, Bresh, Crazy Big Al, Macca19

Goals: Groove 6, Dyertribe 4, Macca19 3, Andre Crazy Big Al 2, portentous Santos L Helper _espoir

Young Alberton spearhead Groove reached his 100 goal milestone in fantastic fashion today, sealing a 9-point come from behind win for the Swamprats.

Alberton, after falling 20 points behind during the last quarter, fought back to win thanks to three goals to the gun Full Forward. The win steadies the Alberton ship with their second win on the trot and seals a finals berth for the new club.

But the day belonged to Groove. The youngster brought up his ton in emphatic fashion after a spectacular mark and goal with only minutes remaining.

"To reach the ton in my first season is just a dream. Macca came to me pre season and told me I was going to be the main forward and im just happy to repay that faith to him and the club. The win gives us a chance to play finals footy which is most important and I've no doubt we can make it pretty far"

There were a number of strong showings for the Swamprats. Vice Captain Porthos, who has had a horror year to date finished as one of the best on ground after rebounding excellently and niggling RooDog all day who gave 8 free kicks away. Eago77 and Dyertribe staked their claim for AA selection with more great performances and Santos continued on his excellent form of the past month with 11 more marks.

The victory keeps Alberton in 6th spot and seals a debut finals berth for the first year club. Alberton play Mt Buller next week in a match that could decide the shape of the top 4. A win to Mt Buller could see them move as high as second whilst a victory to the Swamprats could see them move into 4th spot and keep their double chance hopes alive.

I should've won an Oscar, I tell ya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its finals time now. After downing the Titans by 7 goals we now face them again in the Elimination Final.

Hopefully we can emulate last weeks result.

Congrats to Groove on winning the Coleman (not sure if they have a different name for it).

I think we'll be going to scenic Ceduna on the basis of our season. Need to get on with the game next year.

Swampies in the All-BigFooty Team

FF: Groove
CHF: Santos L Helper

Swampies at the Mobbenfuhrer Medal Count

[WINNER: 20 STEGELATOR (BOM)]

16 GROOVE (SWA)
12 SANTOS L HELPER (SWA)
11 MACCA19 (SWA)
8 ESPOIR (SWA)
8 BRESH (SWA)
5 ANDRE (SWA)
4 PRED (SWA)