Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

the only ones spruiking McAdam were Adelaide fans. They clearly overrate their own players. He's been a spud.
My memory of the McAdam fiasco was Mark Williams approaching him to move - quite possibly with a reasonable amount of "they're a shit club and don't treat their players right" mayo spread on top that somehow managed to find it's way to the media prior to the end of the season

McAdam was handy in Adelaide's forward line. He had a little bit of X factor. He could take hanger, he was fast, he could tackle, he was a little unpredictable, and he could kick a goal. He certainly provided pressure in our forward line we've missed this season when he was available

Adelaide wanted to keep him and offered him improved contract terms, however he decided to go with the Melbourne offer. He was wished all the best for the future

What also came out around that time is that Shane didn't always take training and rehab as seriously as he should've. And he rarely did any "extras". He also proved during his time at Adelaide that he couldn't play through niggles. It was the belief of the HP staff that he was susceptible to soft tissue injuries because of his casual attitude towards training and his reluctance to do any "extras"

Weirdly when Mark Williams (somewhat unprofessionally) went public, one of the things he mentioned was Shane being unhappy with the HP staff and the way they treated him. In other words, trying to push him to be a professional athlete on and off the field

Seems to me Mark and by extension Melbourne knew exactly what they were getting. But somehow managed to ignore the warnings, brush them off and place all the blame on Adelaide

Adelaide aren't to blame. McAdam isn't a spud. He needs to be pushed to train and take rehab seriously

Last edited:
Will be sad to see him go, but the circumstances are understandable (family health concerns and no family support network in Melbourne for either him or his partner).

Elite runner that’s clever in traffic with solid foot skills and tackling. On and off field leader. Ideally suited as a high half forward (pressure/ link up player) that can do a job or give a chop out through the midfield.

Worth more to Melbourne than we will get in a trade, but club will facilitate under compassionate circumstances. Anticipate it will be for a pick in the 30s or a 20s pick with Melbourne giving a late 30s early 40s pick back.

Fun fact - he always looks gassed because he has an issue with his nose (from birth) and can only breathe through his mouth as a result.
Sounds like Hunter. He went for a F3. Also has a issue with his nose supposedly.

It'll cost Adelaide Pick 25 with Pick 38 coming back. Really odd on the crows board reading that they think they're going to get him for nothing. lol
No one of the Adelaide Board are saying we will get him for nothing.

Making up lies is pretty low.

Sounds like Hunter. He went for a F3. Also has a issue with his nose supposedly.
I can confirm there is NO issue with Hunter's nose. None at all.
I've seen him shove heaps of things up it.

you thought McAdam was worth that...and he's significantly worse.
You chased him, you wanted him. The fact that he has gone backwards at a club that is a rabble is kinda on you. Melbourne need to take some responsibility for the situation in the playing group.
And, you gave up a pick you thought would be in the 30s. Again, the fact you were so poor on field, and the pick you gave up turned out to be better than you thought, is an issue for Melbourne. That's always the danger of trading a future pick.

nah. Adelaide just overrate their players more likely. He's an injury prone 29 year old and some of your fans even wanted a first rounder. Embarrassing stuff. Hope you enjoy that 2nd rounder, because it's coming straight back to us for ANB who is actually a decent player.
Um, I think we know how to properly rate our own players, given many supporters watch them each week

You know there’s the concept of one’s performance ‘falling off a cliff’, right?

Um, I think we know how to properly rate our own players, given many supporters watch them each week

You know there’s the concept of one’s performance ‘falling off a cliff’, right?
No. Good players are consistent in their performances. You don't go from a good AFL player to not being AFL calibre in 6 months.

No. Good players are consistent in their performances. You don't go from a good AFL player to not being AFL calibre in 6 months.
McAdam averaged over 1.5 goals a game for three straight seasons, whilst being a genuine overhead threat and providing more defensive pressure than most of our forwards. Oft injured was the only real problem he had (and the fact it sometimes took him a while to get up to fitness)

If he sucks now, it’s not really our problem

McAdam averaged over 1.5 goals a game for three straight seasons, whilst being a genuine overhead threat and providing more defensive pressure than most of our forwards. Oft injured was the only real problem he had (and the fact it sometimes took him a while to get up to fitness)

If he sucks now, it’s not really our problem
its definitely not your problem but it's going to be harder to not cough up your 2nd rounder for ANB now.

its definitely not your problem but it's going to be harder to not cough up your 2nd rounder for ANB now.
Reckon considering how deep the draft is, we’d prefer to give up a pick we might get for Keane (whether that’s 32 or something else close). If there’s a 3-way deal between GC/Coll/Adel that gets us 26, that makes things a lot easier for all parties

But who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon considering how deep the draft is, we’d prefer to give up a pick we might get for Keane (whether that’s 32 or something else close). If there’s a 3-way deal between GC/Coll/Adel that gets us 26, that makes things a lot easier for all parties

But who knows
yeah. I do agree that 25ish is a bit high for ANB, 32 is probably about right. Would you do 25 with pick 38 coming back?

yeah. I do agree that 25ish is a bit high for ANB, 32 is probably about right. Would you do 25 with pick 38 coming back?
Would prefer not, but could probably figure out a way to use 38 and the picks received for Keane/Berry to move back up the order

Either way, I think we might look to move on the players wanting to go first, to see what picks we’re working with

what are you guys looking at/expecting for Keane? Is he definitely going?
Not 100% going (we still need to maintain some defensive depth), and he’s still in contract but there’s rumours he’d definitely prefer to go. I’d probably want what the Cats got for Esava, or equivalent

4 year deal. Will be interesting to see what we hand over but Melbournes second back to them would be every chance - with perhaps a late pick for points back to us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Rate ANB but that Melbourne pick ended up being a very tidy selection and may be important in other dealings.

Would rather trade a future second which would still be adequate compensation I would have thought. Chances are we won’t be anything special next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back