Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Morris the SA clubs are chasing him. And he is contracted.

ANBs manager will know this so will need to coordinate the better pick to get it over the line.
You do know he is still contracted and need to return home so you will need to pay out his contract if there isn't a trade???? Also, there's no way Port Power will trade away their first selection at pick 32 so they can only offer pick 50 and we offer pick 42 ;)

You do know he is still contracted and need to return home so you will need to pay out his contract if there isn't a trade???? Also, there's no way Port Power will trade away their first selection at pick 32 so they can only offer pick 50 and we offer pick 42 ;)

What? Since when do clubs pay out contracts when a player decides they want to return interstate home?

What would stop Harley Reid getting a 10m contract and then walking out back to Victoria on day 1 if that was the case lol. What a doozy that one is.

And you realistically think that will actually happen? Him being contracted puts the onus on the manager/club looking to break it to get the deal done.

What? Since when do clubs pay out contracts when a player decides they want to return home?

What would stop Harley Reid getting a 10m contract and then walking out on day 1 if that was the case lol.
The goodwill of Melbourne which is why they are letting ANB return home and will accept pick 42?

The goodwill of Melbourne which is why they are letting ANB return home and will accept pick 42?

Don’t think relying on “goodwill” is a strong negotiating tactic. Usually just works out to what makes sense which is the macadam pick. ANBs manager will ensure it’s get done as part of the contract exit.

Don’t think relying on “goodwill” is a strong negotiating tactic. Usually just works out to what makes sense which is the macadam pick. ANBs manager will ensure it’s get done as part of the contract exit.
I don't think you realise neither club needs him, they are doing him.a favour and I'd imagine neither club will take up much of he's contract and Melbourne will still be paying the majority..

It surprises me that either SA club would be interested in Alex Neal-Bullen at 29yo. He does strike me though as the type of player that coaches appreciate more than supporters do, so I guess that's it. It's an interesting one.

I'm not sure where he fits into the 2025 first choice Adelaide forward line. I have it as:

FF: Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Pedlar
HF: Keays, Walker, Rachelle
With Rankine, Dawson, Soligo and others rotating through from the midfield.

Maybe he plays ahead of Pedlar, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. Yes, he is an upgrade on Murphy and McHenry but they are only depth players and I don't think that Adelaide should be bringing in 29yo depth players.

At least one of the clubs must be committed to him though or I doubt he would have requested a trade so publicly.

We need some 26-30 yr olds experience first 22 sort of guys. ANB has played in a flag and brings that knowledge with him. Ideally would have been a year or two younger but I can see why we would be interested

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think you realise neither club needs him, they are doing him.a favour and I'd imagine neither club will take up much of he's contract and Melbourne will still be paying the majority..

Bottom 4 club playing McHenry and Murphy doesn’t need a premiership player to free up Rankine to maximise his output?

Ooookay then.

Why would Dees pay his contract? He is walking out on the club. If you walked out on your job do you think they would keep paying you? That’s a comical take.

We will have some blokes leave which will grab us points. Don’t be surprised if we slightly downgrade our first and get picks back
Welsh looking like a pick 40 - and we already have pick 42 so cover him easily

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You never know, there might be an early bid on him like what Sydney did with MM last year. Not sure we should split up pick 4 unless we get a midfielder and also Dobson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bottom 4 club playing McHenry and Murphy doesn’t need a premiership player to free up Rankine to maximise his output?

Ooookay then.

Why would Dees pay his contract? He is walking out on the club. If you walked out on your job do you think they would keep paying you? That’s a comical take.
Nicks has finally realise McHenry is shit and hasn't played him for a long time despite being BOG for a few SANFL games, you can have him with a straight swap for ANB.

Hes 29, a 16 -22 picked for Melbourne this year, in a side that won't play finals and is going backwards. Adelaide have young guys on.the improve, port are a top 4 side
That part is just not true. 6th, 9th and 8th in our past three B&Fs in a team that won a flag and had two other (home & away) top-four finishes. Probably in the top 4/5 in this year's B&F, too.

Ooookay then.

Why would either SA club entertain this?

That part is just not true. 6th, 9th and 8th in our past three B&Fs in a team that won a flag and had two other (home & away) top-four finishes. Probably in the top 4/5 in this year's B&F, too.

Will be interested if he is top 5 in best and fairest as most clubs would ask for a 1st rounder for a bloke whose contracted, premiership player and top 5 in bnf

Ooookay then.

You contracted him. The contract is your responsibility. You'll have to force him to stay if you can't make a deal with an SA club to take his contract on.

You contracted him. The contract is your responsibility. You'll have to force him to stay if you can't make a deal with an SA club to take his contract on.

I think you seriously have no idea about how contracts work.

Onus sits on the Neal Bullen camp if they want to break it, it isn’t the Dees problem.

Same thing as Port telling Houston camp they want 2 firsts to allow him to break contract. Onus is on the Houston camp to go sort it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back