Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

definitely, but when discussing value for ANB we can say with ease that we want an 2nd for him and there's no way the crows can deny that considering they wanted the same for a far worse player.
They might not be able to deny it if that did eventuate, but they can decline whatever they want.

They might not be able to deny it if that did eventuate, but they can decline whatever they want.
True. but there wouldn't be any negotiating from their behalf. They can't say 'we want a 2nd rounder for McAdam' and then say 'we're not sure ANB is worth that, let's do a 3rd rouder'. They wouldn't have had the nerve to even ask for less.

True. but there wouldn't be any negotiating from their behalf. They can't say 'we want a 2nd rounder for McAdam' and then say 'we're not sure ANB is worth that, let's do a 3rd rouder'. They wouldn't have had the nerve to even ask for less.
Yes they can.

Nah, they can't. And wouldn't.

They would just not get him. they wouldn't haggle. They'd either pay his worth or not. I think last year hurt a bit of credibility at the trade table. Yes, it's on us but there's a bit of karma in selling broken goods.
Each trade is separate for the circumstances... so you need to let go of the McAdam trade as it has no relevance now.

Do you think the Crows should bring up getting done on the Dangerfield trade all these years later?

It will likely be our 2nd round pick for ANB with a later pick coming back for Wesh.

They would just not get him. they wouldn't haggle. They'd either pay his worth or not. I think last year hurt a bit of credibility at the trade table. Yes, it's on us but there's a bit of karma in selling broken goods.
Broken goods? McAdam played well in his games for us in 2023. There’s a reason we wanted a decent pick in the first place

Broken goods? McAdam played well in his games for us in 2023. There’s a reason we wanted a decent pick in the first place
Yeah, was a decent player when he left us... so not our issue Dees appear to have destroyed his career.

Don't know who the Dees forward coach is, but can't say he is that impressive.

Yeah, was a decent player when he left us... so not our issue Dees appear to have destroyed his career.

Greg Stafford, who left at the end of this year (not sure of his own accord or not)

Burgess got McAdam in his best physical shape in 2023 and it's not like your forward line is the easiest to play.

He almost won our Bnf. that's a pretty good role player.

Adelaide lost a lot of credibility when the fans wanted a 2nd rounder for Shane McAdam. So I wouldn't be listening to Adelaide when it comes to assessing talent. Fast forward 1 year, Adelaide will hand over Pick 28, something that should never have been in your hands and it'll still be a massive net loss for the dees. Essentially losing ANB for McAdam. So a guy that almost wins our BnF for a guy that isn't AFL standard.
"Adelaide lost a lot of credibility when the fans wanted a 2nd Rounder for Shane McAdam."

Well, now I've heard it all. That is one of the most hilariously goofy things I've ever read on BigFooty.

definitely, but when discussing value for ANB we can say with ease that we want an 2nd for him and there's no way the crows can deny that considering they wanted the same for a far worse player.
The Crows wanted that for a required player, who was capable of winning games off his own boot, and who Melbourne had pursued and made promises to.

The Crows are happy to help give ANB a place to play football, but we didn't make promises to him to get him to leave his club.

Yeah, his worth is a 3rd rounder.

He's probably at Jack Billings or Taylor Adams level trade value. The Crows are being supportive by giving him a way to continue his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you say so. Funny how he has good from decent player to not even AFL standard in 6 months. Sold us a lemon.

When we give you players, we give you good ones like Scott Thompson.

if you say so. Funny how he has good from decent player to not even AFL standard in 6 months. Sold us a lemon.

When we give you players, we give you good ones like Scott Thompson.
Forgotten about Lever?

Geez, are you still bitter about Dees trades of 1954?

The Crows wanted that for a required player, who was capable of winning games off his own boot, and who Melbourne had pursued and made promises to.

The Crows are happy to help give ANB a place to play football, but we didn't make promises to him to get him to leave his club.
a chance to play football? He almost won our BnF haha.

Thompson was better than Lever to be fair. plus we paid up for Lever, whereas we gave you Scott Thompson for cheap. Became a 300 gamer for you blokes.
Lever is a gun who is likely to be around a 300 game player too so your argument that we haven't provided you any decent players is a complete failure like most of your posting. ;)

Okay you're as dense as danster.
Why?

Who would you compare ANB to?

He's a role player having to change states for personal reasons, who is at the tail end of his career. The Crows are giving him an opportunity to continue his career in that state. He has maybe 60 games left before retirement.

What recent trade compares to that?

A really weird post. Not even realistic enough to be a troll, not funny enough to be a joke. So I don't know what you're getting at.
Every comparable trade in recent years has been for a pick 30+.

I'm not trolling. He's an aging flanker who is hoping to continue his career in a different state. If the Crows offer you 28 and you don't have to give anything more back, then you should feel you've done very very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back