Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he's one of those players that's criminally under rated everywhere outside of his current club. A leader and selfless team player. He allows Petracca to do what he does in the front half.

A poor mans Kane Lambert.

I don't blame people for not watching Melbourne games, because lord knows I wouldn't if I wasn't a Dees supporter.

But to be a fan of a club that plays the likes of Lachie Murphy or Jed McEntee nearly every week and believe that ANB wouldn't improve your team is comedy.

He's the sort of glue guy that every premiership team needs. Tough, elite runner, great decision maker and plays selfless roles. Looking at Port in particular, he'd be great at backing up one-way runners like Butters and Rozee when they stream forward, the same way he's done for Petracca for numerous years.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to get much for him in a trade as he's the sort of player that's hard to get reasonable trade value from, but to think he wouldn't improve either of those teams is pretty laughable.
Happy to have him. Early third seems fair.

We're young, so it works from that perspective. If he goes to Port, that's cool too.

ANB would be a solid addition to the team for the next 2-3 years and could probably replace Boak as a half forward. He's more suited to that role rather than a small forward role that SPP will replace a player in next year.

Mead and Drew already run hard defensively so we don't necessarily need his skill set. He is a good player though that would be in basically every team's best 22 in the league.

Problem is, the word inside Port is they are looking to acquire draft capital for the next couple of years before Tasmania come into the comp, not trying to give away the limited draft capital they have, after already bringing in so many players in the last 5 years.

I can't see them being interested in a player when looking to acquire draft capital and not having much that would satisfy Melbourne to begin with.

More suited to Adelaide you would think as a good leader for their younger list.
Definitely prefer him as a player and leader then Murphy.

Dees fans will want a 1st, so compromise will be a 2nd
Could be the pick you gave up for McAdams coming back? Effectively a straight swap :$
Love Nibbler, hugely underrated. Hope we can get a deal done for him but if the SA clubs try to lowball us I hope the club says sorry Alex but you’ll have to stay for another year.
Very much doubt that after reading the press release on Dees website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post but I would still want the Mcadam pick back, purely because he is worth more than Mcadam.

Look this probably fair, even though McAdam has way more x factor than ANB.

Problem for the crows is that he isn't a great fit. 29 in January, and the Crows need more more of speedy forward pocket and than hardworking forward-mid.

Tbh i'm not really that interested in bringing him in, but some of the articles have implied he's more likely to land at Adelaide.

Great guy. Leader type. Would be a useful pick up for either team but we’re not getting a good pick for him - I mean he’s going home regardless. Melbourne have said that’s fine given the circumstances so I can’t imagine why anyone would chuck a second round pick at us.

My Lordy we are going to have to have a massive trade week or it’s going to look like the Essendon top ups. Mind you that wouldn’t be so bad. I’m pretty sure they beat us.

Look this probably fair, even though McAdam has way more x factor than ANB.

Problem for the crows is that he isn't a great fit. 29 in January, and the Crows need more more of speedy forward pocket and than hardworking forward-mid.

Tbh i'm not really that interested in bringing him in, but some of the articles have implied he's more likely to land at Adelaide.
if by X-factor you mean that he's a spud then yes, he has much more X-factor.

I don't blame people for not watching Melbourne games, because lord knows I wouldn't if I wasn't a Dees supporter.

But to be a fan of a club that plays the likes of Lachie Murphy or Jed McEntee nearly every week and believe that ANB wouldn't improve your team is comedy.

He's the sort of glue guy that every premiership team needs. Tough, elite runner, great decision maker and plays selfless roles. Looking at Port in particular, he'd be great at backing up one-way runners like Butters and Rozee when they stream forward, the same way he's done for Petracca for numerous years.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to get much for him in a trade as he's the sort of player that's hard to get reasonable trade value from, but to think he wouldn't improve either of those teams is pretty laughable.
Unfortunately, you have misread the murphy situation, it could be chriss judd that needed to be fitted into the side and somehow murphy is never the guy to miss. So while ANB is an upgrade in every way, he won't replace murphy as he is teflon as far as our coach is concerned. It would have to be another player in the forward half and tbh, the rest of them are all performing or are young and we need to get games into them. Its a syndrome our coaches have thats the problem

Depends what's happening with Lukosius. Both I see as a second or F2.

Rankine and Keays would still be ahead of him. I think he'd be competing with Pedlar, Rachele, Soligo and Berry. Dowling, Taylor and Schoenberg probably get pushed out and who knows what Adelaide is planning with pick 4 who'd probably be a mid/fwd as well.

Definite upgrade on McHenry and Murphy

Can't speak much for port but I rate DBJ and SPP.

The problem for Adelaide supporters is that we agree that ANB would be a massive upgrade on Murphy, in out hearts we know that Nicks will find some way to shoe horn Murphy in anyway, to the detriment of another 1 of our younger developing players

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back