Alex silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

5 weeks at least. Running up to an unsuspecting opponent, miles off the ball and elbowing them in the face is one of the more cowardly acts you'll see on a footy field.

Has been reported for striking.

Intentional, High Impact, Head contact. Straight to the Tribunal.

Looking at 4 weeks, may get it dropped to 3 if the Tribunal are feeling generous. May get it bumped up too, but Cripps came back on, so High impact is probably right, but using the elbow like that off the ball, he probably doesn't deserve a discount.

Compared to Mitchell's earlier this year, I would say it's worth 4 weeks, as Mitchell got 4 down to 3 weeks for an early plea and I think this one is higher impact with the potential to cause injury.

Simpson saying in the press conference he probably has a fractured jaw. I can't see this getting any less than 5 weeks. This is one of the worst acts seen on the footy field in a long time. It would be bad enough if it was a raised elbow but it was a striking elbow to the head. Especially after what happened last week, the tribunal will be under pressure to make a stand.

Simpson saying in the press conference he probably has a fractured jaw. I can't see this getting any less than 5 weeks. This is one of the worst acts seen on the footy field in a long time. It would be bad enough if it was a raised elbow but it was a striking elbow to the head. Especially after what happened last week, the tribunal will be under pressure to make a stand.
Your are probably on the money. 4-5 sounds right...would be hard to defend anything less really.
I like Silvagni because of his aggression...that wasnt aggressive, just down right stupid :(!!

Not one of those clips in that montage were dog acts, take your head out of your ass. Everyone of those were going at the ball or a sheperd, all with a tucked elbow

Laughable.

Waters applied a sheppard, Adams tunnel vision and lack of awareness for the on coming player was the reason it looked so bad.

FYI that got thrown out at the tribunal as well on that basis.

He left the ground to bump a player front-on who was bent over busting his gut trying to lay a tackle.

Last edited:
He left the ground to bump a player who was bent over busting his gut trying to lay a tackle.

Yet the tribunal threw it out because they deemed it a fair bump in play, so your point in this is?

Trying to compare it to the the Silvagni elbow 70 metres off the ball is delusional.

Yet the tribunal threw it out because they deemed it a fair bump in play, so your point in this is?

Trying to compare it to the the Silvagni elbow 70 metres off the ball is delusional.

Good thing I'm not comparing it to Silvagni's hit then. Both dog acts though and Silvagni will be rightfully suspended for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think that Freo will complain about losing Silvagni for an extended period of time. He's gotta go for quite a while with that hit, way off the ball and broke the guys jaw.

Obviously you don't if you're using the bloody kangaroo court that is the AFL tribunal to back-up an argument.

Again such a 'dog act' yet not even a reprimand? You're clutching at straws here and you know it.

Anything less than four weeks is a disgrace, let's see Freo try and argue Silvagnis way off this one

Its Freo's job to argue for him.
He is accountable for his actions.
AFL Tribunal needs to be accountable for their *credibility when handing down this sentence.
*AFL Tribunal currently has no credibility.
He won't get the 6-8wks it deserves going on past contradictions.

remember when that ex Adelaide player, now essendon player, elbowed an eagle and got 2 weeks. alex wont be so lucky

Will depend on the results of the x-ray of Cripps' jaw, any breaks to it and it will increase the penalty.

remember when that ex Adelaide player, now essendon player, elbowed an eagle and got 2 weeks. alex wont be so lucky

Back then players were better off hanging their elbow out and getting the lesser striking charge, compared to tucking it in and getting done for rough conduct.

I'm not sure if they are graded differently anymore.

Do that to someone in a club and you're in deep shit. Fractured jaw apparently. Rub the campaigner out for ****ing ages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Back