Alex silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Fracture is the medical term for a broken bone.

You could say that a broken jaw is the same as a fractured mandible
That's what I was wondering, but the report on the AFL website said;
Simpson said - "Crippa's got probably a fractured jaw," Simpson said post-match. We wouldn't have put him back on if it was a broken jaw. But there might be a fracture there. He's pretty sore at the moment.
This suggests there is a difference. Maybe a fracture is a 'crack' in the bone and a 'break' is when the bones separate? I'm not too sure.

If it is fractured, 5-6 weeks.

Fractured Jaw?
Easily Intentional, High Contact, Severe Impact, straight to tribunal.

9 weeks I reckon

8 weeks for this, so...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed it at the game even though it happened right in front of my bay. Looks pretty bad - a few weeks there you'd think.

What is it with our key defenders and elbows this year? Don't any of them want to play?
They'd rather be on the sidelines and not get torched. Silvagni is a poor player and lashed out, it happens

It really was unnecessary - so far off the ball. You would think he would be feeling pretty sorry for himself by now as they don't get much worse than that. Hodge got 3 for what might have happened when he clipped swallows jaw in play, so surely 6 if it's fractured and behind play. If it's not, then surely the MRP are taking the urine and should all be sacked

Reminds me of Bickley on Wakelin...

Dog act from an ordinary AT BEST footballer!!!

Do AFL bans influence WAFL/reserves games?

Yep you can't play at any level if you are suspended at AFL level. This also works the other way with players suspended in the WAFL unable to play in the AFL either.

Fracture is the medical term for a broken bone.

You could say that a broken jaw is the same as a fractured mandible

Yep, a fracture is the exact same thing as a break - no difference at all!!!

Major lulz at some of the comments in this thread. 9 weeks? Reminiscent of Hall Staker? Assault charges? Ridiculous.

Was not in the same universe as Hall nor premeditated like Conca's ugly, angry chase down elbow to the back of the head that got a week last year. Cripps wasn't unsuspecting, it wasn't premeditated nor targeted. Just a poor, crude overreaction to being body checked while following his opponent. Brain fade at worst.

Deserves a good whack for the end result, being off the ball and for the "look" of it though. Season pretty much done I'd say, at best 4-5 weeks.

Will probably be made an example of due to repeated previous MRP failures.

Last edited:
Major lulz at some of the comments in this thread. 9 weeks? Reminiscent of Hall Staker? Assault charges? Ridiculous.

Was not in the same universe as Hall nor premeditated like Conca's ugly, angry chase down elbow to the back of the head that got a week last year. Cripps wasn't unsuspecting, it wasn't premeditated nor targeted. Just a poor, crude overreaction to being body checked while following his opponent. Brain fade at worst.

Deserves a good whack for the end result, being off the ball and for the "look" of it though. Season pretty much done I'd say, at best 4-5 weeks.

Will probably be made an example of due to repeated previous MRP failures.
Well balanced and sell said, spot on for mine. Also a reaction to having a piss poor game and getting towled up I reckon.

The unfortunate thing for teams coming up against Freo is that they with McPharlin and Dawson returning, they are far better off without Silvagni anyway!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Back