Movie Alien: Romulus Sequel - In the works

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
What's better than one Fede Alvarez Alien movie? How about 2! Rain & Andy where well received so hopefully we see their journey continue.

Fede Alvarez is nearing a deal with 20th Century Studios to direct another Alien sequel! Steve Asbell, who heads 20th Century Studios, just recently sat down with The Hollywood Reporter to discuss the future of our favorite sci-fi franchises and to no real surprise, he confirms another Alien movie is currently in the works and that they're negotiating with Alvarez to have him return to direct it! Read on for an excerpt from their interview:

alien--romulus---the-xenomorph-268941.jpeg

THR: Alien: Romulus was supposed to go straight to streaming, but that changed right before filming. So what prompted that change?
Asbell: It was started as a streaming movie because we started development when we were in COVID and it wasn’t clear what our strategy was going to be theatrical or streaming. At the time we had different sorts of budget categories for streaming, which we were always circumspect about not wanting to spend too much money on streaming movies. We didn’t know quite yet how they would perform based on the metrics. And the truth is we started it hoping that theatrical would return to some measure of normal. But we made that film and, frankly, every other film we’ve made for streaming, with the same care and curation as we do our theatrical movies.
What’s the next step for Alien?
We’re working on a sequel idea now. We haven’t quite closed our deal with Fede [Alvarez], but we are going to, and he has an idea that we’re working on. The two survivors, Rain and Andy, played by Cailee Spaeny and David Jonsson, were real highlights of the film. And so I always think of it like, “Wow, where do people want to see them go next?” We know there’s going to be aliens. We know there’s going to be great horror set pieces. But I fell in love with both of them and I want to see what their story is.

What's better than one Fede Alvarez Alien movie? How about 2! Rain & Andy where well received so hopefully we see their journey continue.

Awesome.

With another Predator also getting a sequel two of my favourite monsters are going strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie Alien: Romulus Sequel - In the works

Remove this Banner Ad

Back