Trump - Harris Presidential Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who seemingly subscribes to a Marxist view of the world, which would include a more tectonic perspective on historical forces, your focus on the recent Supreme Court decision seems quite tabloid and laced with recency bias.

Also, I've highlighted the bolded because your posts are in fact questioning the qualification and capability of a majority of the Supreme Court.

Furthermore, a Supreme Court that is grounded in a Constitution that is no longer fit for purpose

Judges are merely old law students - a horrible demographic JB, horrible

Furthermore, a Supreme Court that is grounded in a Constitution that is no longer fit for purpose

Judges are merely old law students - a horrible demographic JB, horrible

It's been a while since I've thought about the oddities of a constitution. I've thought about Rome a few times today, of course. Ditch the republic and buy the empire more time with a dynamic dictatorship?

As for old law students, unless they slip into comedy then they're destined to be a-holes.

Yes, I think Melania will stay married as long as is viable...but given the conditions in the US,
For someone who seemingly subscribes to a Marxist view of the world, which would include a more tectonic perspective on historical forces, your focus on the recent Supreme Court decision seems quite tabloid and laced with recency bias.

Also, I've highlighted the bolded because your posts are in fact questioning the qualification and capability of a majority of the Supreme Court.
To answer this, it is necessary to look at the 6 judges who gave the majority ruling.

Three of them (Gorusch, Coney-Barrett and Kavanagh) were appointed by Trump himself. (You yourself have said that you despise Trump and everything he stands for. Therefore, do you respect the findings of the judges that Trump appointed to stack the Supreme Court in his favour?)

Two others, Alito and Thomas, are known to have been involved in Trump's coup attempt of Jan 6, 2021. Thomas throughout his history on the Supreme Court has accepted millions in "gifts" from corporate billionaires which he did not report. Who for a moment does not think that Thomas' extreme right wing decisions in the Supreme Court were "payments in kind" to his billionaire buddies?

There is ample evidence that Thomas and his wife were involved in Trump's coup attempt.

As for Alito, recent revelations have emerged that he flew flags at his personal residence supporting Trump's coup attempt. This was not just a show of support. Alito was letting Trump know that he would support Trump's coup in the Supreme Court.

Alito played a key role in ensuring the decision to eliminate the right to abortion: Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization.

In her judgement, Barrett cited Obama's declaration that he has the right to assassinate US citizens without trial as a precedent to uphold the legal immunity of the President for murder provided that it was in his "official role"

So yes, I am questioning the qualification and capability of this corrupt and fascist dominated majority in the Supreme court.

As for my emphasis on the significance of the Supreme Court decision, I will post later on that, as this post is already too long.

Is that a reference to Sideswipe? He seems to claim the knowledge of a Constitutional lawyer.

Sidey gave up Law because he was too greedy

JB went to law school but has wasted his life as a history prof educating ungrateful buffoons

Kirby continues to advocate for capitalist dogs and will be put to the wall

I dropped out of law school to do God's work

Edit: JD Vance is a negative for the Trump campaign

Last edited:

JB went to law school but has wasted his life as a history prof educating ungrateful buffoons

God's work ?? Wining and dining with Chinese/Vietnamese capitalists, and selling edutech in Ukraine? Ok....May God be with you.

God's work - You're a vegetarian - you'll be rejected by god like Cain was for his vego offerings.

Edit: JD Vance is a negative for the Trump campaign
Actually wrong. Vance is the best choice for Trump. Vance is the "new age, young fascist". He is the charismatic, populist face that maximises Trump's chances of winning the election.
Vance keeps emphasizing his poverty stricken working class background to win the sympathy of all those workng poor in the Appalachians (where he comes from) and the other poverty stricken working class areas of the US, whom Clinton ridiculed as the "Deplorables".

Actually wrong. Vance is the best choice for Trump. Vance is the "new age, young fascist". He is the charismatic, populist face that maximises Trump's chances of winning the election.
Vance keeps emphasizing his poverty stricken working class background to win the sympathy of all those workng poor in the Appalachians (where he comes from) and the other poverty stricken working class areas of the US, whom Clinton ridiculed as the "Deplorables".
Yeah, Vance is nailing it in terms of the demographic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump already has these votes

JD is a vanity play for Trump to try and manipulate beyond 2028

PS: fair chance Trumpy will have an obesity related death or impairment by then

What votes does he add?

He reinforces the loyalty of the always-Trumpers
he doesn’t bring votes, he’s not even popular with the maga crowd, he is however popular among the techno fash bros that are pumping a shit tonne of cash into trump, he is their return on investment, their insider at the big boy table.

Biden could never match the buffoonery of Trump. He'll still make more sense than Don, even when senility has eaten most of his brain and leaves him dribbling in his favourite chair.

This woman's parroting of Trump is popular and manages to somehow accentuate the absurdity of the patently absurd.

Biden could never match the buffoonery of Trump. He'll still make more sense than Don, even when senility has eaten most of his brain and leaves him dribbling in his favourite chair.

This woman's parroting of Trump is popular and manages to somehow accentuate the absurdity of the patently absurd.

Bryson de Chambeau is about to drop a "Break 50" video on his Youtube channel with Donny. Together they will play an 18 hole scramble.

There are things that might break the internet - this one will.

Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
What votes does he add?

He reinforces the loyalty of the always-Trumpers
Here is a quote from today's NY Times which sheds some light on this:

"Mr. Vance’s addition to the Republican ticket was a bet by Mr. Trump that together they can drive more white, working-class voters to the polls in battlegrounds like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and make other states more competitive, such as Virginia, where Mr. Trump lost by 10 percentage points four years ago."

Here is a quote from today's NY Times which sheds some light on this:

"Mr. Vance’s addition to the Republican ticket was a bet by Mr. Trump that together they can drive more white, working-class voters to the polls in battlegrounds like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and make other states more competitive, such as Virginia, where Mr. Trump lost by 10 percentage points four years ago."

Thank you

In the mid-terms, the pro choice vote strength surprised the GOP

JD's abortion views may galvanise an even-stronger female Dem turnout in Nov

Trump is looking and sounding like a morbidly obese rambler

Am no fan of Kamala (so far), but would love to see voters hammer the predator-clown and JD

I have searched the net and can't find the answer to: if Harris wins the election, who certifies the result?

Given that:

House and Senate staff meet with OFR staff to inspect the Certificates of Vote in late December. If any State’s Certificate fails to reach the President of the Senate, the President of the Senate calls on OFR to deliver duplicate originals in its possession to complete the set held by Congress.

Congress meets in joint session in the House of Representatives on January 6 to count the electoral votes. The Vice President, as President of the Senate, is the presiding officer, whose powers are limited by Federal statute to performing ministerial duties. The President of the Senate opens the votes of the States in alphabetical order, and hands them to the appointed Tellers, who announce the results out loud.

How is it possible that she can certify (herself) given she will no longer be VP. Would her VP do it?

I have searched the net and can't find the answer to: if Harris wins the election, who certifies the result?

Given that:

House and Senate staff meet with OFR staff to inspect the Certificates of Vote in late December. If any State’s Certificate fails to reach the President of the Senate, the President of the Senate calls on OFR to deliver duplicate originals in its possession to complete the set held by Congress.

Congress meets in joint session in the House of Representatives on January 6 to count the electoral votes. The Vice President, as President of the Senate, is the presiding officer, whose powers are limited by Federal statute to performing ministerial duties. The President of the Senate opens the votes of the States in alphabetical order, and hands them to the appointed Tellers, who announce the results out loud.

How is it possible that she can certify (herself) given she will no longer be VP. Would her VP do it?
Dunno the process, but George HW was the last sitting VP to ascend to the big chair. Different times though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back