All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the idea of introducing a player, no issues with players playing but is that what the 23rd man rule was for. I am surprised if it is a common trend, if this happens a lot then the 23rd man rule is a joke.

I think its a loophole to be honest and reading the herald dun article the coach thinks he helped win the game....when finals and relegation is on the line should it be manipulated like that?
I just don’t understand why Wallan would clear him and not play him themselves if he is good enough to star in D1 nfnl.

End of the day every team can do the same or bring in an ex AFL star for a one off game if they want? Is that fair… not really :/

I just don’t understand why Wallan would clear him and not play him themselves if he is good enough to star in D1 nfnl.

End of the day every team can do the same or bring in an ex AFL star for a one off game if they want? Is that fair… not really :/
I’m pretty sure he has not played for Wallan senior club so really has no ties to them played some juniors but there separate to senior club don’t know why there was even a clearance from the rdfl if he has never played in that comp

I’m pretty sure he has not played for Wallan senior club so really has no ties to them played some juniors but there separate to senior club don’t know why there was even a clearance from the rdfl if he has never played in that comp
Who knows, can’t say I’ll be losing much sleep over it.

23rd man rule seems to be pretty good over all.

I read he's part of the James Hird Academy as an NGA. Playing NFNL Div 1 is the right place for someone of his talent.

I read he's part of the James Hird Academy as an NGA. Playing NFNL Div 1 is the right place for someone of his talent.
Not against that at all, and have no issue with him playing for the cougers, my comment was the use as the 23rd man and if it was appropriate for a Club without 19s to be able to use it like this.

If he is good enough he plays in the 22.

Not against that at all, and have no issue with him playing for the cougers, my comment was the use as the 23rd man and if it was appropriate for a Club without 19s to be able to use it like this.

If he is good enough he plays in the 22.

Fair point. It was his first game though, so can understand why he might be the 23rd man.

Tuesday evening and no U19 fixture online for the week or remaining of the year.

NFNL think its real easy running a club and planning activities and games, organising volunteers and sponsors. For fans/friends/family to see where they need to be to watch.

Dunno why I expected more to be honest.

Tuesday evening and no U19 fixture online for the week or remaining of the year.

NFNL think its real easy running a club and planning activities and games, organising volunteers and sponsors. For fans/friends/family to see where they need to be to watch.

I believe the NFNL are down a few staff which may cause a little hold up?

Quite a hard fixture to do to attempt to get as many games line up with home clubs.

The official email of divisions has been sent to clubs this arvo. Just some technical issues with nfl website atm

All clubs were sent an email yesterday at 3.47pm with Divisions and fixtures for Round 1 of new Divisions. There was an issue with the website and they were having trouble loading fixtures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not seniors I know, but some interesting calls in the junior grading. Especially under 16s.

Kilmore had an average losing margin of 46 points across their 4 games (won 1 against a Div 2 side, and lost 3 against Div 1 teams), whilst South Morang had an average winning margin of 46 points over 3 games. Guess which team went to Div 1 ? Yep....Kilmore :oops:

Not seniors I know, but some interesting calls in the junior grading. Especially under 16s.

Kilmore had an average losing margin of 46 points across their 4 games (won 1 against a Div 2 side, and lost 3 against Div 1 teams), whilst South Morang had an average winning margin of 46 points over 3 games. Guess which team went to Div 1 ? Yep....Kilmore :oops:
Kilmore are in D2

The official email of divisions has been sent to clubs this arvo. Just some technical issues with nfl website atm
All clubs were sent an email yesterday at 3.47pm with Divisions and fixtures for Round 1 of new Divisions. There was an issue with the website and they were having trouble loading fixtures

Hmmmm, that technical issue has been going on for a while, still managed to add one round but not load the whole season.

Very NFNL of them.

Hmmmm, that technical issue has been going on for a while, still managed to add one round but not load the whole season.

Very NFNL of them.
Apparently short staffed with 2 or 3 departures I have heard. Devine and the Junior Manager being two, but that shouldn't stop them from doing their jobs

Apparently short staffed with 2 or 3 departures I have heard. Devine and the Junior Manager being two, but that shouldn't stop them from doing their jobs

If they cannot navigate the website to load the information they probably can press send on a email so the Clubs have the information. Cannot be hard.

They do not realise that Clubs rely on a fixture for many reasons and their incompetence or lack of cognitive ability to compile an email is NFNL being NFNL. Excuses about staff are just that.

Friday teams announcement also displayed much later than in previous years???

Remove this Banner Ad

All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back