All the best to Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

5f4131581fc24c928fd596aea1b9cd6c.jpg

Get well mate

**** sake, that sucks. All the best Roughy, doesn't deserve being haunted by this crap and he seems a ripper bloke especially.

Ripping bloke. Never met him but you can just tell with some.

Wish him and the family the best. Seriously has to be a horrible moment when the doc breaks the news you have cancer, whatever its form. Don't wish that moment on anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just lost a family member to cancer a few weeks ago. Shitty ******* disease.

All the best to Roughy and his family/friends.
Sorry to hear that man.

Isn't that what cancer is? Spread from the original tumor?
Once it moves to another site this is metastatic it becomes another stage no it isnt good .
i just had 6 rounds of 3 week cycle where I was recovering for 16 days and in hospital for 5 days for each chemo . My cancer was not Melonoma so cant elaborate on that type . Mine was stage 2 which means it was in 2 parts of the body mine was upper . If it is spread to both upper and lower it can be stage 3 or 4 . My research showed me cancer is a lot more curable than it used to be especially if you are in good health when diagnosed .
In my case scans showed no evidence of cancer after the 3rd round . the Chemo is still kept up for microscopic stuff . The chemo causes fatigue so major exercise is not possible .
The fact that it has popped up again for Roughie suggests chemo to me will be his treatment . I am no doctor . Obviously it is solemn for his family and friends and like all afl community including fans my and my family thoughts go out to him .

Once it moves to another site this is metastatic it becomes another stage no it isnt good .
i just had 6 rounds of 3 week cycle where I was recovering for 16 days and in hospital for 5 days for each chemo . My cancer was not Melonoma so cant elaborate on that type . Mine was stage 2 which means it was in 2 parts of the body mine was upper . If it is spread to both upper and lower it can be stage 3 or 4 . My research showed me cancer is a lot more curable than it used to be especially if you are in good health when diagnosed .
In my case scans showed no evidence of cancer after the 3rd round . the Chemo is still kept up for microscopic stuff . The chemo causes fatigue so major exercise is not possible .
The fact that it has popped up again for Roughie suggests chemo to me will be his treatment . I am no doctor . Obviously it is solemn for his family and friends and like all afl community including fans my and my family thoughts go out to him .
Sorry to hear you're unwell boondy, I hope you get well soon bro...:thumbsu:

Terrible news. :(
All the best, Roughy. Keep fighting!
Credit to Hawthorn as well for the way they've handled it.

Isn't that what cancer is? Spread from the original tumor?

No cancer starts in a certain place, an organ (skin being an organ), bone (the worst kind). Surgery is the only way to eradicate it. If for example melanoma spreads to the lung, the cancer is growing cancerous skin cells in the lung. These are called secondaries and are usually deadly. Chemo, radiology and other drug treatments just buy you a bit of time in these cases. Surgery is the only solution.

Remove this Banner Ad

All the best to Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back