Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

He is one of the only ever sacked coaches who looks better in hindsight

Looks brilliant in hindsight, especially considering the career trajectories of the players who played decent footy under him.

Looks brilliant in hindsight, especially considering the career trajectories of the players who played decent footy under him.

Yeah I said it on the main board

Tapscott , petterd, Jurrah , Martin , benell, Morton , frawley, jamar,

I don't know about other Dees supporters, but i still haven't forgiven him for that hit on Daniel Bell a little while back. Don't really wanna have to support him as one of our coaches!

100% with you there Lip! He is one of those players I have inordinate amounts of hatred for... specifically for that hit on Bell back in 2006 or 07 I reckon? Have never liked him since then. It doesn't help that he wasn't really that good a player IMO... solid at best.

100% with you there Lip! He is one of those players I have inordinate amounts of hatred for... specifically for that hit on Bell back in 2006 or 07 I reckon? Have never liked him since then. It doesn't help that he wasn't really that good a player IMO... solid at best.

Used to cut us up every time though

The hit on Bell was a dog act

Yeah I said it on the main board

Tapscott , petterd, Jurrah , Martin , benell, Morton , frawley, jamar,
Petterd has played three good games in his career. Jurrah is a head case. Martin played one decent half of a season as R1. Bennel was never any good. Morton had already started going backwards under Bails...

Just saying.

There is a difference between a 'great coach' and 'not a bad coach'

I think Bailey was a poor coach but a good guy. Neeld was the worst coach and a strange unit.

apparently Barrett things Matthews may come over from Gold Coast... now this would be a revelation if we hadnt already confirmed it on the dees website on the 13th of September -moron
The British are coming, the British are coming :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like time heals all wounds! Wonder how many points a bad coach would have lost by in 186.

Funny thing is that in a season where Bailey lost by 186 he still managed a few 15 goal wins...

Funny thing is that in a season where Bailey lost by 186 he still managed a few 15 goal wins...

A few big wins combined with more losses and bigger losses doesn't make him Yoda. Let's face it, he was a shit coach, otherwise we wouldn't have sacked him. Neeld is making people view Bailey through rose-tinted glasses.

A few big wins combined with more losses and bigger losses doesn't make him Yoda. Let's face it, he was a shit coach, otherwise we wouldn't have sacked him. Neeld is making people view Bailey through rose-tinted glasses.

Under the right circumstances his teams were lethal , unfortunately if the circumstances weren't in there favour they were no better than the Neeld teams

It seemed pretty clear that Bailey was instructed to turn the list over, play kids and earn more high draft picks.

In 2010 it looked like he would have us playing finals by 2012 , unfortunately we drafted no top 50 mids with our picks under baileys recruiting team

Agreed, our past board clearly knew what they were doing.

Get up to speed mate - Bailey was an okay coach, certainly a good communicator, definitely soft on the player group.

Schwab convinced the board to sack Bailey in order to save his own skin, remember how two days before 186 he was widely acknowledged to be gawnski?

Get up to speed mate - Bailey was an okay coach, certainly a good communicator, definitely soft on the player group.

Schwab convinced the board to sack Bailey in order to save his own skin, remember how two days before 186 he was widely acknowledged to be gawnski?

Ok I'm convinced, Bailey was a good coach who shouldn't have been sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back