All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to the whole site; however, you might need to work on your critical reading skills if you couldn't see the emotive rhetoric in that.

if you have a look above where blackie references an article that he states "clears up" the question of whether hamas are the terrorists, you will find that the article is written under the banner of the Washington Institute’s Koret Project. Have a look at that body and see if you think it would be able to give an objective analysis of the question it poses. There are a lot of so-called "research bodies" around the world making very scientific looking assessments on the middle east. I tend to be sceptical....

Well i was educated a long time ago, so the "you might need to work on" argument didnt score highly in my debates with geelong grammar...
I'll put it this way Marky Mark, if you're unable to see the biased attitudes and persuasive techniques in that, beware of scams, salesmen, rabbit holes and conspiracy theories - your reading skills put you at greater risk.

I was referring to the whole site; however, you might need to work on your critical reading skills if you couldn't see the emotive rhetoric in that.

Further to my last post, it seems that blackie's article had 4 authors, three of which are research assistants and the main writer is a guy called Aaron Y. Zelin who is the main man behind a site called Jihadology......I wont even bother to go any further on this one. I remember in the old days, the name of trotsky was a red rag to the discerning reader. Now we have so many more people with their own little agendas....

I'll put it this way Marky Mark, if you're unable to see the biased attitudes and persuasive techniques in that, beware of scams, salesmen, rabbit holes and conspiracy theories - your reading skills put you at greater risk.

we are all biased SR. For example, even if we take it on face value, blackie rants about women being told what to do in islam.... i tend to rant against israelis murdering palestinians. Different folks, different strokes...

now i'm going to watch olympics

we are all biased SR. For example, even if we take it on face value, blackie rants about women being told what to do in islam.... i tend to rant against israelis murdering palestinians. Different folks, different strokes...

now i'm going to watch olympics
Of course we are. That's a totally different thing.

Further to my last post, it seems that blackie's article had 4 authors, three of which are research assistants and the main writer is a guy called Aaron Y. Zelin who is the main man behind a site called Jihadology......I wont even bother to go any further on this one. I remember in the old days, the name of trotsky was a red rag to the discerning reader. Now we have so many more people with their own little agendas....
Rather than still being a red rag, Trotsky and Trotskyites have become an anachronistic oddity.

Further to my last post, it seems that blackie's article had 4 authors, three of which are research assistants and the main writer is a guy called Aaron Y. Zelin who is the main man behind a site called Jihadology......I wont even bother to go any further on this one.

Nice try at discrediting the author.

Screen Shot 2024-08-05 at 9.27.21 am.png

Jihadology is highly regarded as the internet's most comprehensive “clearinghouse for jihadiī primary source material and original analysis” and as such, considered to be an essential resource for academia and terrorism researchers.

Nice try at discrediting the author.

View attachment 2069360

Jihadology is highly regarded as the internet's most comprehensive “clearinghouse for jihadiī primary source material and original analysis” and as such, considered to be an essential resource for academia and terrorism researchers.

LOL.... this one guy publishes the site. And you quote the banner that he has written for this site as proof of its objectivity????? Indeed, you have been chosen....

Remember to buy his book on amazon zevie...

LOL.... this one guy publishes the site. And you quote the banner that he has written for this site as proof of its objectivity????? Indeed, you have been chosen....

Did you read the article B W posted. It was essentially just quoted statements from governments in the couple of days after Oct 7 most decrying Hamas - some decrying Israel - with a brief summary at the beginning.

Did you read the article B W posted. It was essentially just quoted statements from governments in the couple of days after Oct 7 most decrying Hamas - some decrying Israel - with a brief summary at the beginning.
It is also useful to checkout the background of a link.
I quite like Media Bias's assessment.

Often saves time.

Washington Institute Right-Center Biased based on story selection that favors the right-leaning government of Israel and Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of sourced information.

Obviously, the opinions are about as useful as christian zionist sites like rupert's - not that i think rupe is a christian. However, sometimes they point out a fact that can be useful. It's a different point of view, like rupe's.

I read israeli newspapers not because I want objectivity. They know people who are doing the murders or they might be a little different like haaretz.

It might even be a site like the one by zevie's mate, who sets up a site to call himself an expert in order to sell books and make his family proud...

Maggie5

Whilst Petrie Pie and I disagree, I enjoy his turn of phrase

Please don't delete
Okay if you insist. However petrie pie maybe choose your words wisely?

Funnily (not really) enough this thread seems to attract more reports than any other on our forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is also useful to checkout the background of a link.
I quite like Media Bias's assessment.

Often saves time.

Washington Institute Right-Center Biased based on story selection that favors the right-leaning government of Israel and Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of sourced information.

zevie will tell you that his mates are in the process of buying that media bias site, so that it can provide more objective information....

I just read that the aussie swimmers evidently lost to the americans in the pool. Team Rupert is really going at it about how the americans are humiliating Australia....ringing cowbells etc.

Maybe we can strike back in foreign policy by just saying "no" once this year......no....practice it albo.....no....just once....make rupert proud.

Mark.

It literally publishes and translates objective statements and videos made and released by Islamist terror organisations.

A direct publishing of primary source material is something you find unobjective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad