All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we drift into your love of technical points... i dont share it. Think that i'm wrong. I'm not that fussed about it.
Yes, differentiating between a government's actions and the entire population is very technical - I feel like a surgeon.

I'm surgical enough to even identify your use of "beanie" as a racial slur in posts. Or your ...

I'm amazing ...

Yes, differentiating between a government's actions and the entire population is very technical - I feel like a surgeon.

I'm surgical enough to even identify your use of "beanie" as a racial slur in posts. Or your ...

I'm amazing ...

its not racial ....many of the israelis were born in the US or even here. I dont understand why racism is raised when it comes to israel. It's probably more relevant in Australian and Israeli attitudes to palestinians who were born there and have a long history there.

I dont really like religious people. I dont have much intellectual respect for people bowing to a wall. However, if they stick to themselves, they can do what they like. I feel sorry for the kids indoctrinated into it, though.

I call it a beanie because that's what it looks like....a round piece of material? What more can i say?...

All these things have nothing to do with race, but I understand why certain people want to portray it that way.

Evidently, I got some sanctions from this site for what i typed. I have no idea. I've been called antisemite a hundred times and a racist by yourself but I dont complain. I call the israel murderers because that is what they are. I read about the kids getting killed every day by the moral people in our society.

I'm amazing ...

It's not racial ....many of the israelis were born in the US or even here. I dont understand why racism is raised when it comes to israel. It's probably more relevant in Australian and Israeli attitudes to palestinians who were born there and have a long history there.

I dont really like religious people. I dont have much intellectual respect for people bowing to a wall. However, if they stick to themselves, they can do what they like. I feel sorry for the kids indoctrinated into it, though.

I call it a beanie because that's what it looks like....a round piece of material? What more can i say?...
Stop playing dumb. You describe people as "the beanie" in the same way that others might say "towel head".

And you seem to have discovered my love of the technical with your attempt to avoid it being referred to as racism.

i'm catering to your needs. I searched. I saw the site and i posted it. I didnt read a word except for the "NO". I thought you might like it.

and as for towel head, let me put it this way.....zevie rushes in and posts some story about a jewish guy being refused service as if it is the gravest crime imaginable....and then he goes to work to kill palestinians. Everyone is so concerned about these minor issues and kids are being crushed to death in gaza. It is beyond me...

You googled the wrong thing. Try googling whether anti-Semitism is a form of racism. So your attempt at technicality was a fail.

Btw. I didn't call you racist. I called your comment a racist slur. Technical, but I've got no idea what you actually think, but I do know that was ridiculing a cultural group and cultural attire derisively. Your Torah comment was making a ridiculous negative stereotype about the same cultural group, and the list goes on about that same cultural group.

Last edited:
i'm catering to your needs. I searched. I saw the site and i posted it. I didnt read a word except for the "NO". I thought you might like it.

and as for towel head, let me put it this way.....zevie rushes in and posts some story about a jewish guy being refused service as if it is the gravest crime imaginable....and then he goes to work to kill palestinians. Everyone is so concerned about these minor issues and kids are being crushed to death in gaza. It is beyond me...
It is not a "minor issue". If you are serious about wishing to oppose the Israeli genocide and defend the Palestinian people, the first requirement is to establish above all else that you are NOT anti-Jewish.

So referring to any Jewish religious headwear in a derogatory manner (it is derogatory, because a beanie in Australia is a casual garment while for religious Jews, their headwear has great religious significance) portrays you as anti-Semitic, whatever your intentions actually are.

It is not a "minor issue". If you are serious about wishing to oppose the Israeli genocide and defend the Palestinian people, the first requirement is to establish above all else that you are NOT anti-Jewish.

So referring to any Jewish religious headwear in a derogatory manner (it is derogatory, because a beanie in Australia is a casual garment while for religious Jews, their headwear has great religious significance) portrays you as anti-Semitic, whatever your intentions actually are.

good advice lovey. I oppose the israeli murders in any way i feel. I wont convince the people here to change their minds. That's not my intent.

But I agree that palestinian supporters need to play it smart and project images to the wider population that gets them onside.... It's the PR that's important. That's a lesson that the israelis know very well. Total 360 approach. And supporters have to get into the hallways of power and bribe and threaten and reward the decision-makers. They have to be sneaky and cunning and strategic...

in short, do what the israelis have done for decades...

good advice lovey. I oppose the israeli murders in any way i feel. I wont convince the people here to change their minds. That's not my intent.

But I agree that palestinian supporters need to play it smart and project images to the wider population that gets them onside.... It's the PR that's important. That's a lesson that the israelis know very well. Total 360 approach. And supporters have to get into the hallways of power and bribe and threaten and reward the decision-makers. They have to be sneaky and cunning and strategic...

in short, do what the israelis have done for decades...
Sorry, it isn't PR, it is what you genuinely are fighting for.
Palestinian supporters can only be genuine if they solidarise themselves with the millions of Jewish people throughout the world who despise Netahanyu and who oppose his genocidal actions.
Those who genuinely are fighting to stop genocidal barbarism absolutely reject cynicism.
On the contrary, they are striving to unify the best instincts of humanity.
There are millions of Jewish people world wide who are disgusted by the Netanhayu's genocidal actions, and are fighting with all their might to oppose the Zionist regime.

Palestinian supporters can only be genuine if they solidarise themselves with the millions of Jewish people throughout the world who despise Netahanyu and who oppose his genocidal actions.
Those who genuinely are fighting to stop genocidal barbarism absolutely reject cynicism.
There are millions of Jewish people world wide who are disgusted by the Netanhayu's genocidal actions, and are fighting with all their might to oppose the Zionist regime.

well lets hope that they have a little more success in the future....especially at the ballot box

well lets hope that they have a little more success in the future....especially at the ballot box
My contention is that the ballot box is a fraud...it is completely rigged against any genuine expression of popular will.

Therefore, success in the future will have to come from outside the ballot box.

This article made me think of you.

That's only because you, Albanese and ASIO think alike.
Anyone who opposes the Israeli government's genocide in Gaza can now be accused of adhering to some nebulous "mixed ideology".
This totally undefined term can capture any opposition to genocide whatsoever, whether from a left wing standpoint or a right wing standpoint.
If ASIO is recruiting right now Zev, you have a potential new career (if you aren't already a member).

I must admit that i could be wrong. Here are a group of young israeli students singing the friendship song......a message to Gaza. It really is an inspiring piece of work...

I must admit that i could be wrong. Here are a group of young israeli students singing the friendship song......a message to Gaza. It really is an inspiring piece of work...
So you are claiming that this video posted by a group of fascist settlers (members of the"Civil Front"), wsomehow represents the view of the Israeli population?
These fascist a**holes trained their own innocent children to sing genocidal lyrics.
These are insane, Zionist elements who have descended into a mental state of psychopathic psychosis. They even insist on dragging their own children there as well.
But there is no evidence whatsoever that the psychopathic Civil Front expresses the dominant political outlook in Israel.
In fact, it is clear that it doesn't.
Otherwise the Netahanyu goverment wouldn't have to resort to dictatorial measures, as it currently is.
Finally, you seem to think that whatever the opinion in Israel is, it is static.
This is just so wrong.
As the war crimes and corruption of the Netahanyu regime are exposed, so will the opposition to his regime intensify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's only because you, Albanese and ASIO think alike.
Anyone who opposes the Israeli government's genocide in Gaza can now be accused of adhering to some nebulous "mixed ideology".
This totally undefined term can capture any opposition to genocide whatsoever, whether from a left wing standpoint or a right wing standpoint.
If ASIO is recruiting right now Zev, you have a potential new career (if you aren't already a member).

I read up on that. What they're referring to isn't undefined or nebulous. They're talking about terrorist threats and not protests. In the past terrorist threats came from people or groups with a singular goal or ideology from the IRA to the black Panthers to jihadists to Hamas, etc or individuals acting for a singular cause. In a post covid world full of conspiracy theories, misinformation and distrust of governments, the USA is having terrorism threats from individuals without a singular goal or ideology - a range of causes, mixed, sometimes unclear and contradictory. A non-specific rage against the machine.

Last edited:
Given the level of non-constructive posting occurring in the thread over the last few weeks and the disproportionate amount of moderation attention this is requiring, we’ve decided to lock this thread for the time being.

Please go to the SRP board if you wish to continue discussing these topics:

Maggie5 Anzacday Gone Critical

After careful consideration and consultation with your Mod team and bearing in mind this is after all a Collingwood Football Club forum, we have decided to permanently close all political and religious discussion threads on this club board, and try to stick to less contentious subjects.

This is not a judgement on any particular set of beliefs or opinions or anyone's right to express them. Nor is it a judgement on your own ability to keep things civil.

Those of you that wish to continue to discuss religion/politics etc will be able to do so here where the mods are more geared up to moderate these exchanges.

You can also start your own Social Group or private convos.

If you want any of your posts moved over to the SRP, please let me know. It's not too much trouble for me to move any civil and informative ones of yours you nominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad