Almost famous

Remove this Banner Ad

In the year below Cale Morton at school, have seen him at a couple of parties, pulled some serious tail coz everyone knew he was gonna play AFL.

Same with Tom Swift (Top Ten Draft Prospect this yr), I have a few good mates from the school he went to (Christ Church Grammar School) so have seen him at quite a few parties. Good bloke and extremely intelligent as well (General Exhibition in TEE, which for the less educated of you means that he was in the Top 40 students in WA). Very good drinker. Some people get all the luck!!

Funny you should mention it, Hugh, but our PE teacher was Gary Wilson from the (then Fitzroy) Lions. He was a dud teacher. Didn't give a stuff about us. It was just a job to pay the mortgage in the days when footy didn't pay as well as it does today.
I'm friends with Garry Wilson's brother, seems he cares more for the chooks on his poultry farm these days than he did for his students or family. Awesome footballer though. I did a pre-season with Fitzroy in 1980 & he trained at another level.

Played in a couple of G/Fs with Roos, Gotch, Glenn Coleman, Darryl Cox, Michael Coates, Shane Braddy in U/19s. Dated Brereton one day, he seemed to have recovered and kicked on.

Shared a 150 run partnership with Jimmy Wynd (ESS/FITZ) in his first game of competitive cricket. He hit a six off the last ball of the day for 105 n.o.

Funny you should mention it, Hugh, but our PE teacher was Gary Wilson from the (then Fitzroy) Lions. He was a dud teacher. Didn't give a stuff about us. It was just a job to pay the mortgage in the days when footy didn't pay as well as it does today.

We must've gone to school together Todd.... somewhere out Donvale way? Great footballer, but yeah, a pretty slack teacher. Remember Ray Keane? He was also a PE teacher out there and the Fitzroy runner. There was a great photo in the paper back in the eighties of Mr. Keane (who was a hard as nails 45ish year old bloke) screaming abuse as he stood over the top of Graeme Teasedale who had curled himself into a scared little ball after decking the much smaller Garry Wilson and then copping the wrath of his team-mates.

- Played juniour footy with Ben Cousins. Been clubbing many times with him and he is a chick magnet.
- Met Simon Black at the juniours footy club a few times.
- Know a number of Daniel Kerrs relos and have met him a couple of times.
- I know a number of East Fremantle players around the same vintage as myself (too numerous to mention).
- I used to tag Matthew Clucas (played for the Dockers) in every game I played against him (had a few wins).
- Daniel Bandy is a rubbish pool player and is quite easy to towel up on the table.
- Me and a mate drank with Shaun McManus until 4am at The Tunnel nightclub when we left on GF eve in Melbourne 1996. He had serious trouble hosting the Fremantle breakfast the next morning, he kept texting us all morning about how he was struggling.
- I got to wear Hird's Brownlow in 1996. Voss told me to piss off - Hird > Voss.
- My now ex gf (4'11) gave Wayne Carey a mouthful at the Leederville pub, so in return a very drunk David King gave me a nipple cripple. Archer then bought us both a drink and apologised about King.

Gees, I could almost go on all day.

* My Dad built Luke Power's house
* My 3rd cousin on my Dad's side is Ben Reid
* Trent Croad is my 2nd cousin on my Mum's side
* When we lived in Vic when I was younger, we lived next door to the Shaw family
* My Grandfather played for Collingwood
* My older brother played jounior footy with Joel Selwood
* My gandparents are good friends with some of the past Collingwood players
* Buddy Franklin dated my older sister
* My uncle is a surgen & has opperated on some of the big name stars
* Last year I got a phone call from Simon Black
* Another uncle was in a TV commercial with Jonathan Brown & some other Brisbane Lions
* My aunt met Brendan Fevola once, thought he was a tool
* One of my friends is Adam Hunter's cousin
* My ex-boyfriend's sister is going out with Rhan Hooper
* My best freind's brother is good mates with Ryan Griffin

Yeah, so..... that's my relations.....:D
:p

First cousin is a premiership player with the most depised club in the AFL!!

I call BS, Freo haven't won a flag yet.

Not a footballer, but Peter Garrett once helped me clean up a bottle of baby food that my young son dropped on the supermarket floor.

I call BS, Freo haven't won a flag yet.

You know it's true!!:thumbsu:

Was he a dual Premiership player??

I can't be ____ed checking, and he hates talking about his old club....so I wont ring him.

Not a footballer, but Peter Garrett once helped me clean up a bottle of baby food that my young son dropped on the supermarket floor.

That would have been a powerful and passionate moment.:)

Played school cricket against Chris Mayne, from Freo. Went on some school cricket camps with him.

Misses went to school with Garrick Ibottson and was Chris Mastens "Buddy" in school.

You know like the Big buddy thing, Lol.

All young players.

not that it matters much but Greg williams bought our family house and butchered it with his renovations. Justin Maddern agrees, and lives two doors up.

University days, living in a one bedroom tenement looking over the Esplanade Stkilda. The penthouse was two floors above and a rough house for Dermie's pre marital sensibilites. His gf was a F.. stunner but used to using dermies assests, one of which was a trashed ferrari. Remeber 'Magnum PI', same model and I am sure the inspiration for the purchase. I had a similarly shitty Italian car, 1972 Fiat 124 coupe, which was regularly called upon to jump start Dermies ferrari. Even push started the heap one day. No wonder he turned sometime later in a new 4 by 4.

Played one game of token cricket with Shane warne/St kilda city. Does that count?

not that it matters much but Greg williams bought our family house and butchered it with his renovations. Justin Maddern agrees, and lives two doors up.

University days, living in a one bedroom tenement looking over the Esplanade Stkilda. The penthouse was two floors above and a rough house for Dermie's pre marital sensibilites. His gf was a F.. stunner but used to using dermies assests, one of which was a trashed ferrari. Remeber 'Magnum PI', same model and I am sure the inspiration for the purchase. I had a similarly shitty Italian car, 1972 Fiat 124 coupe, which was regularly called upon to jump start Dermies ferrari. Even push started the heap one day. No wonder he turned sometime later in a new 4 by 4.

Played one game of token cricket with Shane warne/St kilda city. Does that count?

female_drivers.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recieve a birthday card from Jonothon Hay
Friends with Chance Batemans cousin
Played footy with Natanui (go to uni with him)
Family friends of Buddy Franklins
My dads good friend runs the WA Hawks Supporters Club
Dad is friends with Brett Heady, Laurie Keane, Dean Kemp and other WA Legends.
Played Footy with Tim Noakes

Went to the same school as Con Gorozidis,he was a champion cricket player as well as footballer.

Bumped into Darren Gaspar once in a mens toilet in a city building.

Met Cogs and Lids a few years ago at southland.

* When we lived in Vic when I was younger, we lived next door to the Shaw family
* Another uncle was in a TV commercial with Jonathan Brown & some other Brisbane Lions

Wow. You're not almost famous. You ARE famous. Will we be seeing you on the red carpet at this year's Brownlow?

I didn't believe you until I read that. Now I believe you :D

I'm not the one who came on here and said I meet footy players whilst lurking in mens toilet blocks boyz.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think I might have to start another self-ownage thread that is dedicated to you.

You're an expert at it.:thumbsu:

Ok let me see I go into a mens toilet of a building for a piss because I was busting to go for a leak and then I happen to bump into a ricmond player there by chance who also needed to go to the loo and because I use the word "meet"this makes me an automatic pervert who likes lurking in mens toilets by your brilliant deduction does it?.:rolleyes:

Went to the same school as Con Gorozidis,he was a champion cricket player as well as footballer.

Bumped into Darren Gaspar once in a mens toilet in a city building.

Met Cogs and Lids a few years ago at southland.
You're a cleaner aren't you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost famous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back