Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Christian boy,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Squarehead

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully they've got those weaklings gone the rest should be a lot better. Some of them at least look solid. Does make you wonder how the **** those two got through the process as certainly far better missed out. Must have been deliberate.

Secondary teacher with potty mouth obviously not expecting any of her school kids to watch ??
She is so cringeworthy, not to mention embarrassing; can't stand people who think swearing and acting the tool somehow makes them think they'll be likable.

Further to that, can't stand Australians on some of these types of shows that are shown globally (not sure if it is, but my point stands) that just make the rest of us look like a bunch of backwards bogans.

That lady seriously needs some class - hopefully she goes out early.

Overall, I think this is pretty soft compared to the US versions by way of dangerous animals when players were clearly tapping out in the US due to the very real threat of bears and the like without much protection particulalry the early seasons of Alone when they didnt't have bow and arrows. Wallaby scat compared to a bear scat.:rolleyes: Gina wearing green active wear - no one wants to see that, not to mention no sleeping bag.:drunk:

Last edited:
That Rod bloke's comments about seasonal movements of Aboriginal people away from those types of inhospitable environments are mostly true.

However, a number of Aboriginal people had to experience living in isolation in challenging environments through tribal customs such as Rites of Passage/Initiation etc. Some others were banished from their tribes for periods of time too for Lore breaking.

I struggled with the sanctimonious piece to camera from contestants in the first half with people prancing around on moss in bare feet or going on about their spiritual connections to the land. What I want to see is them prioritise necessities for survival. Appreciate the beauty and splendour of the place or discuss your and your peoples' connection to the land once you have drinking water, shelter, maybe a fire and a concept of where your next meal is going to come from. That they're not doing that makes me think they either don't respect the environment they're in, or that, really, the risk in the environment is not that significant. I've only watched the first half of the first episode but I suspect a couple of them are all talk and at least one will be tapping out while still talking.. about how they know they're a strong person and they don't really need this challenge and no one can take that away from them etc.. etc..

Having watched all seasons of the US Alone series, these first two people that tapped out were an utter embarrassment with absolutely no heart or determination. They'd both be laughed at for how unwilling they were to not even try and all they had were weak excuses despite both being indigenous peoples. Or even yet, getting scared of sounds in the woods, particulalry if you are a serious outdoors-person that they proclaim to be.

As others have said, i feel sorry for the other people that applied and didnt make the cut when these two selfish people even applied. Perhaps producers or casting people want a couple of softies that will tap out so easily so that they have an even spread of people tapping across a season.

Hopefully we see some kick arse shelters the likes of Callie, Carleigh, Lucas, Jordan, Roland built, although it doesn't seem like it will be that much a priority based off some of the comments

was that the hunter complaining he couldn't find a single thing? :)
I'm very chuffed at predicting the first 2 deserters.
The Hunter as the others have a minor glitch in thier make up.
When they practice they always have a fall back,
He should've had his backpack sorted and in normal times would've walked to his car switched on the headlights to find the misplaced headlamp.
He didn't put up his bivvy properly and got his important things wet.
Psychology that puts you in shitsville and takes practice to get out of, he didn't find tracks that he expected and that's the 2nd downer in 24 hours.
He needs to dig out of this quickly or go home.

I havent seen this show before but do people usually leave this early? Seems like if you know what you signed up for and have a little experience then a few days at least should be a piece of piss.
It's not unusual to see people tapping due to family/emotional reasons, though they usually don't do it 24 hours into the challenge!

Having said that, it's quite common for people to pull the plug early. The first editions of the US version had a few early leavers who were scared off by large predators. If I had a bear rubbing up against me, while I was sleeping, with only a tarpaulin between us, I think I'd be pulling the plug too!

Then there are those who covered themselves with ignominy, such as the guy who left his ferrule rod on the beach, and couldn't find it - and thus had no way of lighting fire.

I don't blame people who are sick (e.g. the kid who had COVID) or get injured (as has happened a few times in the US version) - but pulling the plug this early, because of poor skills (Beck) or emotional incompetence (dreadlocks) is just woeful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alone Australia

Back