Senior List
Suspended
Oct 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wallace can coach, let him do that.

Miller, um.

Anyway, already you can see the absence of these two is paying off for your club, congradulations to whoever swung the axe on Miller and told Wallace to do hos job.

Doing well so far.

He sure can.

And it speaks a lot about the man that he's prepared to focus solely on coaching, while having the faith that his recruiting team will deliver him the best available talent.

It's fantastic to see the Tigers running as a fully cohesive unit, all focused on making the team the best it can be.

Well done to TW and the entire off field staff at Richmond for showing the type of single minded focus and vision that makes Richmond a true team set on a path of long term success :thumbsu:

• Banned
He sure can.

And it speaks a lot about the man that he's prepared to focus solely on coaching, while having the faith that his recruiting team will deliver him the best available talent.

It's fantastic to see the Tigers running as a fully cohesive unit, all focused on making the team the best it can be.

Well done to TW and the entire off field staff at Richmond for showing the type of single minded focus and vision that makes Richmond a true team set on a path of long term success :thumbsu:

Love your work Terry :)

Miller, um.

Anyway, already you can see the absence of these two is paying off for your club, congradulations to whoever swung the axe on Miller and told Wallace to do hos job.

Doing well so far.

Wow... we have given up pick 42 for a player who couldn't crack a game with Port who were below us... inspiring stuff.

Wow... we have given up pick 42 for a player who couldn't crack a game with Port who were below us... inspiring stuff.
i can recall David Rodan playing in a GF

It`s about the mix and chemistry ... obviously they see him as a bit of sorely needed grunt amongst our young Ferarris ....

The big plus is he should be for all intents and purposes ..."ready to go" as oppossed to another 17 year old taken at that depth in the draft that would be another project player

Very very wise and sage deal IMHO ... as long as the kid can actually play of course ..:eek:

i can recall David Rodan playing in a GF

It`s about the mix and chemistry ... obviously they see him as a bit of sorely needed grunt amongst our young Ferarris ....

The big plus is he should be for all intents and purposes ..."ready to go" as oppossed to another 17 year old taken at that depth in the draft that would be another project player

Very very wise and sage deal IMHO ... as long as the kid can actually play of course ..:eek:

He can play, pick 11 in a few drafts ago would suggest that. Surely Port would know more about his potential then us though.

Rodan was delisted and gave Foley his spot.

Everyone is back slapping on a deal that looks ok but not fantastic.

... on a side not. Thats 1 more player on the list which means another must go.

Tiv's
Hyde
and
Bowden are off the senior list.

We need one more atleast now.

so this trade period doesn't look over for us just yet.

He can play, pick 11 in a few drafts ago would suggest that. Surely Port would know more about his potential then us though.

Rodan was delisted and gave Foley his spot.

Everyone is back slapping on a deal that looks ok but not fantastic.

... on a side not. Thats 1 more player on the list which means another must go.

Tiv's
Hyde
and
Bowden are off the senior list.

We need one more atleast now.

so this trade period doesn't look over for us just yet.
Casserley is surely gawwwwwwwwwwwwn

atleast we are not throwing our picks around this year. and i have a feeling we will have a much stronger list than last years

Sounds like a good deal, but I haven't seen Thomson play so I wouldn't really know.

Just on the Wallace and his no input this trade period thing...do people actually think he is going to have nothing whatsoever to do with anything? Surely he will have some say, however limited. It's not as though he's going to have turned up to work this morning to be told 'Hi Terry. By the way, we traded off pick 42 to get you another midfielder'. I'd assume he would know what's going on, and he would be getting in the right people's ears if he wants something. Not saying he will necessary get what he wants, but he will definitely be offering up suggestions etc. For all we know Terry suggested this trade.

Gotta remember who we are dealing with Nut ....

Choco Williams is a bloke who was prepared to let Nick Stevens walk for nothing because he hated Eddie Mc Guire . By all reports this kid did not get on with Williams so there is probably a lot more to it than his "ability".

I reckon this was a lot more a case of a mutual parting of the ways rather than Port deciding that he was no good ... and the price would realistically never be more than a third rounder by virtue of his ordinary season this year .... a second rounder for him would have been kooky talk .

I reckon it`s a win and a very shrewd investment ... as i said ... right age and ready to go ... at a bargain basement price :thumbsu:

Not sure what the op is getting at, but so far this trade has been par for the course for trade week since Wallace got here. We have kept picks in the first two rounds, but have traded off a third or 4th rounder for a youngish player that was originally a high pick, and have flouted with some high profile picks that were never going to go through. That's pretty much what we've done every year since plough got here. And Richmond was keen on drafting Thomson back in 2004, so I'd say Wallace was all over this one. Wallace will come out after the deal is done and say he "was a talented youngster and I'm a firm believer that you don't lose that talent". That's pretty much the script for trade week at Tigerland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

defeatist attitude to the max. The guy hasnt had any chance to prove his worth and you can come out with this shit? He aint pick 8 or 26 he is pick 42 dude.....like a nothing, out there in no mans land pick....risk in picking a youngster at the draft at 42, completely eclipses the risk of what this guy can give us,with what is known and what he can add to us improving with what isnt known, with a new club and attitude and a desire to impress.

Shit i am starting to sound like sassegum now.....call the ambos ;)

Not sure what the op is getting at, but so far this trade has been par for the course for trade week since Wallace got here. We have kept picks in the first two rounds, but have traded off a third or 4th rounder for a youngish player that was originally a high pick, and have flouted with some high profile picks that were never going to go through. That's pretty much what we've done every year since plough got here. And Richmond was keen on drafting Thomson back in 2004, so I'd say Wallace was all over this one. Wallace will come out after the deal is done and say he "was a talented youngster and I'm a firm believer that you don't lose that talent". That's pretty much the script for trade week at Tigerland.

Well put.

defeatist attitude to the max. The guy hasnt had any chance to prove his worth and you can come out with this shit? He aint pick 8 or 26 he is pick 42 dude.....like a nothing, out there in no mans land pick....risk in picking a youngster at the draft at 42, completely eclipses the risk of what this guy can give us,with what is known and what he can add to us improving with what isnt known, with a new club and attitude and a desire to impress.

Just playing the trade down to what it is.... I hope more than anyone that it is a steal.. just like plenty of Miller and TW trades and picks.

Remember Under TW and Miller we un-earthed some real Talent late in the draft.

pretty fair calls Crum

... but we have been bleating for a while that we are a mid-fielder shy we need to chase a big fish etc ... Kerr and Cousins have been bandied about... to pick up a kid like this at about a tenth of the cost , when you factor in the cheap draft pick ... salary cap ... not to mention egos and youth etc .. This was by far the smarter option rather than the Miller way ... this i am bloody sure of .

Our Midfield aint that far off and this addition should complement it nicely

Much happier about this trade than going after so called 'big fish' and players that are proven mediocre performers but have big wraps. Thomson was hardly given a chance at Port and while not the same as the AFL, he hardly put a foot wrong in the SANFL so far as I can gather.

This actually fills a list need, with a player of the right age and who seems to be a good chance of becoming a good player.

I don't know what Miller would have done, but there are a few 'big fish' biting in this trade period and he wouldnt have been able to help himself imo

PICK 42...exactly! Robbie Warnock was pick 42 a few years ago, and two years ago it was Bachar Houli. Maybe something with this pick!!!! But I think this kid is going to be a good'un for us. He's the exact type of midfielder we need and ready to go NOW!!!!!
I'm pleased with this deal!!

risk in picking a youngster at the draft at 42, completely eclipses the risk of what this guy can give us,with what is known and what he can add to us improving with what isnt known, with a new club and attitude and a desire to impress.

Shit i am starting to sound like sassegum now
More like rumsfeld

pretty fair calls Crum

... but we have been bleating for a while that we are a mid-fielder shy we need to chase a big fish etc ... Kerr and Cousins have been bandied about... to pick up a kid like this at about a tenth of the cost , when you factor in the cheap draft pick ... salary cap ... not to mention egos and youth etc .. This was by far the smarter option rather than the Miller way ... this i am bloody sure of .

Our Midfield aint that far off and this addition should complement it nicely
Must admit the talk about a big fish was a bit of a worry and maybe Wallace was pulled into line a bit by March. Still a couple of days to go so hopefully we aren't patting ourselves on the back prematurely. :eek:

Miller, um.

Doing well so far.

There's negligible difference between the Thomson deal and the Morton one last year. Every year (after the Frawley/Casey era) Miller added late round 'super bargains', and while there's a couple of mistakes in his recruiting which were obvious (at least in hindsight!), every recruiter has a few and on balance he's been among the best in the league.

If you look at the side he's built and who is currently standing up and playing vital roles, the majority of them have come from absolutely nowhere in terms of draft position, or been inspired rookie selections.

Any thoughts on what will happen with Cam Howat? Cartledge?
Howat is almost certain to get dropped from the rookie list.
What a shame:)
Cartledge will be retained you would think with the lack of Ruckmen still

Remove this Banner Ad

Already, you can see the benefit of not having Miller and Wallace around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back