amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

The duty of care 'scandal' is the most ludicrous thing.

In order to meet their duty of care to player health they implemented a drug code. When it was breached they enforced it. The act of enforcing the drug code is observing their duty of care. They banned the behaviour, policed it, and sort to punish anyone engaging in it.

The breach of duty of care would be to fail to ban the drugs, fail to test for them, and fail to act when their use was brought to the AFL's attention.

The AFL stand accused of failing their players based on the very act they should be doing to protect them!

Suggesting that this case has legs before a court seems maddeningly dumb to me.
I agree. This is all Bruce Francis OH&S shyte. It is like blaming the police for the murder of the young girl the other evening. Why weren't they there to protect her? This is the BF bulldust. The AFL set the rules to be abided by. If the clubs followed those rules then they would stay out of trouble. Essendon did not follow the rules and were caught and have been punished and now await the fate of the players from the tribunal. The AFL cannot be expected to monitor every club everyday for suspicious activity.

And you are a great representation of EFC supporters

THEY DID DO WRONG! they injected healthy athletes with boundary pushing peptides that had no benefit to the players performance at all:rolleyes:

and that's the best case scenario for your club, that's what you/they want the public to believe!

That's what you/they are claimitheonstitutes innocent:eek::eek:
I am not claiming innocence, I, like you have no idea what happened. I would like the club to be judged fairly on non tampered evidence. I have faith in the judges decision on the 31st, and whatever way it goes, want it to end there. No appeals from either side and move on. Many Essendon supporters And myself have had enough

I have been caught out big time, I was at a job and left my notebook in the car, wrote it on a scrap piece of paper and transferred it to my notebook when I got back to the car.

Unfortunately for me the defense picked up I had used scrap paper at first instance on CCTV and requested it be tendered as they are official notes. Even more unfortunate was my partner had drawn a picture of 2 wombats screwing on that piece of paper. Bastard
Eats, roots and leaves wombats?

probably the worst part of this whole episode is being perceived as being on the same "side" as Jones, Newman, Cornes et al. Ugh.
With such esteem friends, who needs enemies!:drunk::drunk::drunk:

As I don't follow these people, what issues do you have with them?
Predictable and pretty sad response from the HTB

It actually doesn't matter who did the interview. Gil was asked two specific questions relating to 1. the AFL duty of care and 2. corrupting the process by asking for the report to be altered.

His response was essentially, it's a complex issue and i would like to sit down with you over coffee and re-educate you with a more balanced view'. You lot seem pretty happy with that. Not me. I wonder why Jones would be privvy to this information and why not you and me in the street.

And you reckon EFC suporters are delusional. OK then.

I'm still open to hearing evidence from both sides.

I don't know why Gillon couldn't answer this, unless he had additional confidential information or evidence. But surely he wouldn't be sharing that with anyone over a coffee -- even Alan Jones.

I am not claiming innocence, I, like you have no idea what happened. I would like the club to be judged fairly on non tampered evidence. I have faith in the judges decision on the 31st, and whatever way it goes, want it to end there. No appeals from either side and move on. Many Essendon supporters And myself have had enough
The killer here is that the Ziggy report was commissioned by EFC and at no point has it's validity or authenticity when questioned.

How are the AFL trying to bury James Hird as he doesn't even have a SCN/IN at the moment?

Gill seemed to be pretty sure Alan Jones had been feed the accusations (there weren't really any questions in there) from BF and try and blindside him with a change of topic for the interview.

It was good of Alan to suddenly take an interest in AFL.
BF = big footy :)

I have been caught out big time, I was at a job and left my notebook in the car, wrote it on a scrap piece of paper and transferred it to my notebook when I got back to the car.

Unfortunately for me the defense picked up I had used scrap paper at first instance on CCTV and requested it be tendered as they are official notes. Even more unfortunate was my partner had drawn a picture of 2 wombats screwing on that piece of paper. Bastard
Lord almighty. Mate. When I got to the end of that post I laughed big time. Pity my cat was sleeping in my lap.

FMD I am bleeding all down my leg.

The killer here is that the Ziggy report was commissioned by EFC and at no point has it's validity or authenticity when questioned.
There is some ambiguity about the ziggy report as well, phrases included were exactly what gill and demetriou said the report must include, it feels like they have had a hand in all of this. Can't wait for this to be over. In saying that, no where in the report did it mention prohibited drugs. And Essendon have been heavily punished for this

We all have ... but a snow job by the AFL which will appease EFC supporters will not be tolerated by this little black duck.

I say appeal away if it means this smudge on Australian sports can be put to bed properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I don't follow these people, what issues do you have with them?

I'm still open to hearing evidence from both sides.

I don't know why Gillon couldn't answer this, unless he had additional confidential information or evidence. But surely he wouldn't be sharing that with anyone over a coffee -- even Alan Jones.

Jones was quoting from Andruska's notes, accusing Gill of tampering with evidence to manufacture a result which assured EFC were out if the finals.

It wasn't a directive or memo which carried any weight, just some scribbled notes.

Gill wasn't giving Jones anything and why should he, all will be clearer on the 31st.

Then the appeals begin, so maybe not.

shock jock or not, both of those points were serious and demanded a response better than what Gil proffered
Gil offered to inform Jones of what has really gone on, not what has been interpreted to have gone on by someone far removed from the process working off of incomplete information.
What more do you want Gil to do?

There is some ambiguity about the ziggy report as well, phrases included were exactly what gill and demetriou said the report must include, it feels like they have had a hand in all of this. Can't wait for this to be over. In saying that, no where in the report did it mention prohibited drugs. And Essendon have been heavily punished for this
Yeah enough is enough I fully agree. The report was a 'eachway' bet in some respects, it clearly wanted to limit damage and yet to accept some oversight.

How could he state what was given when his own report stated no records?

Last edited:
There is some ambiguity about the ziggy report as well, phrases included were exactly what gill and demetriou said the report must include, it feels like they have had a hand in all of this. Can't wait for this to be over

So you are saying that an individual, whom had no personal interest, directed his review, to the wording of the AFL?

Why and what purpose would Ziggy have in doing that? He is in the position of having no conflict of interest, why would there be ambiguity?

It was a club direction to undertake the review not the AFL.

The reasons why words were similar, was in part due to the actions of the club. There were no records; no checks and balances; no medical supervision.

I don't know how the AFL could influence a third party hired by the club.

No they haven't, again you have been whacked for poor governance,

The punishment for prohibited drugs, if proven, will be meted out shortly.

Brace yourself, it may get messy

No they haven't, again you have been whacked for poor governance,

The punishment for prohibited drugs, if proven, will be meted out shortly.

Brace yourself, it may get messy

El Capitano Obviouso

Jones was quoting from Andruska's notes, accusing Gill of tampering with evidence to manufacture a result which assured EFC were out if the finals.

It wasn't a directive or memo which carried any weight, just some scribbled notes.

Gill wasn't giving Jones anything and why should he, all will be clearer on the 31st.

Then the appeals begin, so maybe not.

But she didn't fabricate Gil's words -- or did she?

I hope it's clearer on the 31st.

Not sure why so many are dismissing it because it's Jones?

Yes, Jones is a bit of a w***er, and yes, Essendon have a lot to answer for.

Not sure either of those factors make the possible misconduct of the AFL and ASADA irrelevant. ASADA I feel as though have not done a lot wrong, as evidenced by the court judgements, but the AFL has a lot to answer for in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

Back