amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why so many are dismissing it because it's Jones?

Yes, Jones is a bit of a ******, and yes, Essendon have a lot to answer for.

Not sure either of those factors make the possible misconduct of the AFL and ASADA irrelevant. ASADA I feel as though have not done a lot wrong, as evidenced by the court judgements, but the AFL has a lot to answer for in my opinion.
not forgetting that asadas star witnesses would not turn up to court for them, because they claimed asada doctored their testimony

not forgetting that asadas star witnesses would not turn up to court for them, because they claimed asada doctored their testimony
He could have issued a 'sworn statement' to that effect if he believed that to be true. But he didn't. Making those statements in the media was not compelling evidence and by not signing any statement in the first place did not validate any comment after the event. How did he even know what ASADA was going to produce as evidence anyhow?

He could have issued a 'sworn statement' to that effect if he believed that to be true. But he didn't. Making those statements in the media was not compelling evidence and by not signing any statement in the first place did not validate any comment after the event. How did he even know what ASADA was going to produce as evidence anyhow?

he read the statement, he wouldn't sign the statement because it wasn't the testimony he had given. yet asada still produced these statements in the hearing

I'll give you the response you don't want to hear:

- the AFL anti-doping policy sets out procedures that the AFL is supposed to follow at the commencement of each season regarding the documentation of substances.
- ASADA's case is that Dank injected the players with a banned substance (Thymosin Beta 4) without the players' knowledge.
- Bruce Reid went to the AFL in pre-season 2012 and told them that there was unauthorised injections (tribulus) happening at Essendon and there was no follow up
- The AFL was aware that something dodgy was happening because Harcourt admitted as much and they were sending samples to Germany for peptide testing

If the AFL had have followed their own procedures it is highly likely that:

1. There would have been no sports science 'arms race' as Demetriou regularly called it prior to Essendon being put under the microscope
2. There wouldn't have been governance failures at Essendon, nor at the other 12 clubs that answered the survey in a fashion that would suggest they had similar failures
3. Dank's practices could potentially have been exposed and remedied at Gold Coast or in his role providing consulting services to Robinson at Geelong, way before he caused problems at Essendon and before he was starting to consult with Melbourne players
4. There wouldn't be players exposed to health risks

Thank you for your response. I agree it appears at first glance the AFL were suspicious and whilst warning Hird etc to not head down a path, they could have being more diligent in following up further. I still don't see how that makes it the AFL's ultimate responsible here, as it was Essendon's program, but it does appear more could have been done. I still don't feel this absolve Essendon of the majority of culpability (I'd say 95% Essendon, 5% AFL)

he read the statement, he wouldn't sign the statement because it wasn't the testimony he had given. yet asada still produced these statements in the hearing
He could have issued a 'sworn statement' to that effect but he didn't. Bearing in mind his evidence was also electronically recorded when he was interviewed. Hence why ASADA were permitted to tender all his evidence.

Thank you for your response. I agree it appears at first glance the AFL were suspicious and whilst warning Hird etc to not head down a path, they could have being more diligent in following up further. I still don't see how that makes it the AFL's ultimate responsible here, as it was Essendon's program, but it does appear more could have been done. I still don't feel this absolve Essendon of the majority of culpability (I'd say 95% Essendon, 5% AFL)
As we have been told on numerous occasions. Mr Hird is his own man and conducts himself in that manner. All champions have that same level of drive and that's how they become legends, or demons as the case may be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does this lost the records business come from? Essendon has provided the schedule to asada, problem is asada don't like the fact it has no prohibited substances on it

Some records exist, if you look hard enough.

Last edited:
Did you see the notes.
Only what everyone else saw.

After reading an article by Caroline Wilson from 12 August 2014, I'm expecting big evidence to be released on 31 March to justify it all:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ll-be-worth-listening-to-20140812-103cvf.html
'The new AFL chief McLachlan was unable to clarify over the weekend much of what was revealed in the court documents put forward on Friday by Hird and Essendon. Insisting he would not comment was disappointing in the context of the disturbing narrative but McLachlan has stated on more than one occasion that he will have his say when this story finally runs its race.'​

After reading an article by Caroline Wilson from 12 August 2014, I'm expecting big evidence to be released on 31 March to justify it all:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ll-be-worth-listening-to-20140812-103cvf.html
'The new AFL chief McLachlan was unable to clarify over the weekend much of what was revealed in the court documents put forward on Friday by Hird and Essendon. Insisting he would not comment was disappointing in the context of the disturbing narrative but McLachlan has stated on more than one occasion that he will have his say when this story finally runs its race.'​

Look at court documents, not articles. You can see exactly what Aurota wrote

Sounds a bit like Hirds truth

Remove this Banner Ad

amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

Back