amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't expect you to call for his head. I believe if Hird was a good a leader as everyone thinks he is he should have stood down at the beginning.

He was responsible for the health and safety of his players as well as everyone else.

As a company director if I see something wrong and don't act I am liable. As a leader if someone writes to me and tells me there is an issue if I don't act I am liable.

Hird should have done everything in his power to ensure the supplements program was WADA compliant. I.e ask for verification from ASADA. The AFL, AfLPA and ASADA all have education programs to remind everyone of how to stay within the WADA code. Hell the ASADA website has info.

The only reason you would not do this is if you really don't want to know.
dank potentially used banned substances at 2 other AFL clubs yet no one called out head coaches of these cubs funny enough

dank potentially used banned substances at 2 other AFL clubs yet no one called out head coaches of these cubs funny enough
here we go again, others were doing it also.
Have those clubs got players in a tribunal?
Have any players from them clubs even received their scn's yet?

Way to miss the point
not missing any point mxett, you have a habit of doing this.
Tell me, have any of them coaches you refer to, gone researching peds?
Have any of them been warned to stay away from peds?
Did any of them have a convicted drug dealer as their fitness adviser, then nek minnut he is involved in obtaining drugs for an employee of the club they coach?

Did any of them have a convicted drug dealer as their fitness adviser, then nek minnut he is involved in obtaining drugs for an employee of the club they coach?
The point was Dank caused mahem at a number of clubs yet Hird is the only coach to be accused of poor form for not knowing

Robinson promoting Robinson. Fancy that

You escalate these issues to Robinsons manager

Dank chose to deal with Charter, not the rest of essendon
So how come he was 'demanding' compliance then? When that was the role of Robinson's manager?

That might be because Hird was the only coach to employ Dank directly at the club.
Essendon did not employ Dank directly. He formed a company called Applied Orthopaedic Science Pty Ltd who he then worked for and the EFC paid the company for his services. Dank never links himself directly for his own protection.

I would add did any other club let him in to access all their players for 8 months and Dank understood it was to be conducted as "Black Ops"?

Essendon did not employ Dank directly. He formed a company called Applied Orthopaedic Science Pty Ltd who he then worked for and the EFC paid the company for his services. Dank never links himself directly for his own protection.
Thanks for the clarification. So I guess the comment to mxett would more properly be: Did any other coach arrange to contract Applied Orthopaedic Science Pty Ltd to their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To my knowledge, other clubs in the AFL have not been investigated so how do we know how much their respective coaches knew?

I think they have been investigated. Don't think Nathan Bock played another AFL game after the Dank connection was made public. And Trengove was named at Melbourne - prescribed AOD (cream), which ASADA has elected not to prosecute. The Essendon situation blew up before Dank could ingratiate himself further at Melbourne.

Roll your eyes all you want, on-field we are still in better shape than we were.
This list is good enough to challenge and have shown it.
If those players are there rd.1, we can push up the 8 and challenge for top 4.
We are up against it in the first 2 rds, so missing a few weeks of the season isn't overly detrimental.
And the side we fielded Friday night wasn't outclassed in too worrying a fashion.

Its not without its grey clouds, but nor is it the end of days.
At what stage in the last 10yrs have Essendon shown any chance of challenging more than hopefully winning a final?

Mxett-with rights comes responsibilities surely? You can't keep moving the goalposts although appreciate the valiant effort on your part.
like Matthews or Malthouse or Sheedy, Hird is an influential figure and has every right to make demands even though he has no direct responsibility in ensuring they occur. Demanding the club stay within the rules is hardly a stretch that required his direct involvement

Remove this Banner Ad

amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

Back