amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones: "You're an intelligent man" "You're a lawyer" "You're a very smart young man."

Jones: "Don't patronise me".
That was the highlight for me as well. What an absolute spoon Jones is. I hope I never have to hear his shrill bleating ever again.

Alan Jones was Wallabies coach at the time of the sporting bans in South Africa. Bruce Francis organised rebel tours.

Bruce Francis wrote an unpublished authorised biography of Alan Jones.

Bruce Francis used to work on Jones' radio show as a writer, researcher or some such.

Bruce Francis is Jones' regular guest for cricket matters.

Bruce Francis probably introduced Jones to Hardie early on in the saga as the ASADA go-to guy.

Bruce Francis was a Liberal Party candidate for the seat of Richmond. Alan Jones ran as a candidate for the Liberal party multiple times.

is this for real?
if so there you have it...bruce francis can add puppeteer to his resume! o_O

So terry wallet, you too accept that once Gil gets the opportunity to sit down with Jones behind closed doors he will be able to explain both issues (and particularly the AFL meddling in the process) in a way that will lead Jones on the path to a road to Damascus experience. And you too would happily accept that in the absence of the public being let in on it.
I don't believe that sort of naievty can be topped

The only sane thing Gil could do would be to hang up on the thoroughly demented Jones. He has rarely been a beacon of objectivity. His platform is emotive noise and petulance: granted he has a noisy and petulant audience with oatmeal between their ears. If he ever calmed down there may be reason to communicate with him. However, he plainly sucks way too much helium and historically he is a treacherous liar and fraud.

you are just as gullible as albert ross, when it suits
look at yourself - defending gil and the afl after what came out in the middleton trial

hows about you leave these assumptions for if and when the essendon players go after the protagonist in all of this...if they go after the afl then so be it, have your day on the big footy forum...but i telll you what, you will have mud on your face if they go after efc or any individuals within the club.

are you incapable of seeing that there are a number of people who haven't covered themselves in glory in this saga and as gil says in the interview people need to be held to account
today the spotlight was on the AFL, and i believe rightly so
but for you none of that matters because we don't have the ability to focus on more than one thing at anytime (in fact just one thing at any time for you)
you can simply dismiss any issue by saying 'oh it's Alan Jones' or 'look over at EFC'
mind-numbingly simplistic

Asking stupid questions and throwing around ridiculous allegations that have nothing to do with the situation don't hold anybody to account.

You want to attack the AFL, its simple but confine to things the AFL is actually doing wrong. Blaming the AFL for not stepping in and stopping Essendon is just stupid.

The entire point of the interview was a ridiculous rant that somehow this is a shafting of James Hird and since he is not being held accountable even within Essendon then its clearly prompted by fear and not fact. You think that maybe somebody is getting scared and is engineering a campaign to save his skin?

So terry wallet, you too accept that once Gil gets the opportunity to sit down with Jones behind closed doors he will be able to explain both issues (and particularly the AFL meddling in the process) in a way that will lead Jones on the path to a road to Damascus experience. And you too would happily accept that in the absence of the public being let in on it.

No tesla1962.....what i accept is.....you.....YOU....telling Albert Ross....."God you're gullible"....is a true certified legendary HTB post.

hows about you leave these assumptions for if and when the essendon players go after the protagonist in all of this...if they go after the afl then so be it, have your day on the big footy forum...but i telll you what, you will have mud on your face if they go after efc or any individuals within the club.
haha hilarious
telling me not to make assumptions on this forum
can some you actually hear yourselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asking stupid questions and throwing around ridiculous allegations that have nothing to do with the situation don't hold anybody to account.

You want to attack the AFL, its simple but confine to things the AFL is actually doing wrong. Blaming the AFL for not stepping in and stopping Essendon is just stupid.

The entire point of the interview was a ridiculous rant that somehow this is a shafting of James Hird and since he is not being held accountable even within Essendon then its clearly prompted by fear and not fact. You think that maybe somebody is getting scared and is engineering a campaign to save his skin?
if you don't think the sporting body asking for information to be altered in the interim report is not a serious allegation that needs to be answered (and I am not saying it happened) then more fool you

No, that would be 'mind-numbingly simplistic' way of dealing with 'mind-numbingly simplistic' defense of the indefensible.

To be fair, the guy is a moron, and clearly needs somebody to sit him down to state the facts.

You never know, he would be as shocked as the great sportsman Hird

No tesla1962.....what i accept is.....you.....YOU....telling Albert Ross....."God you're gullible"....is a true certified legendary HTB post.
once again you show an inability to stay on topic
everything a shock jock says is bad
everything albert ross says is good
do you think for yourself

Last edited:
It bears repeating that the latest obfuscation line seems to be:

Hird/EFC did nothing wrong and it is the AFL's fault for not stopping him/them from doing nothing wrong.
I guess we know where the next court case is headed.

haha hilarious
telling me not to make assumptions on this forum
can some you actually hear yourselves

nah telstra back in 1985....your half mongrelled responses are whats hilarious...typical essendon mentality - deflector!
you are assuming alot more than i am...you have over a thousand more posts than me on here after all...and have been on here half as long as i...
probably aiming all your posts at the right people/organisations right? all aboard the hypocrisy train...

god forbid someone from essendons side of the fence actually took onboard the wrong doings of their club...i have bumped into a few over time, but gee they are quiet on these forums..me thinks they know theyre stuffed.

I don't get the venom attributed to the AFL by Essendon / Hird and some supporters. AFL have pretty much tried to protect the club (understand by doing so they are also protecting themselves)

1) Tip off the club - leads to Hird throwing Andy under the bus
2) Engineer an outcome for the club and punish those off field so it has the smallest affect on the club possible - "they had it in for us"/ Hird is more important.
3) Go into bat for a small penalty at the tribunal.

The other clubs and players are the ones that should be upset at the process the AFL have tried to undertake, not Essendon. They have tried to lead them kicking and screaming to an outcome that sweeps it under the carpet but the screaming became too much.

I have stated before I hope the players get off so there is no stench on our game of team wide cheating being proven but the love for Hird ahead of the club and the bagging of the AFL seems lunacy to me.

Hard to understand really. Perhaps it is mentally easier to take out your anger on the 'bosses' than believe the Golden One & your club have been up to no good, especially when that's the narrative that's being spun from the Hird camp. Raise up an external threat to the group, rally the troops , old story. Despots can seemingly manage it for whole nations, easy peasey in a footy club,.

nah telstra back in 1985....your half mongrelled responses are whats hilarious...typical essendon mentality - deflector!
you are assuming alot more than i am...you have over a thousand more posts than me on here after all...and have been on here half as long as i...
probably aiming all your posts at the right people/organisations right? all aboard the hypocrisy train...

god forbid someone from essendons side of the fence actually took onboard the wrong doings of their club...i have bumped into a few over time, but gee they are quiet on these forums..me thinks they know theyre stuffed.
it's clear that you haven't read any of my posts on what I think of the club and Hird

Hard to understand really. Perhaps it is mentally easier to take out your anger on the 'bosses' than believe the Golden One & your club have been up to no good, especially when that's the narrative that's being spun from the Hird camp. Raise up an external threat to the group, rally the troops , old story. Despots can seemingly manage it for whole nations, easy peasey in a footy club,.
At least despots don't need PR machines to alter the course of history.

All that "you're going to bury a great sportsman" garb just highlights the stupidity of it all.

That's the same sort of crap that SEN was copping in the weeks after this saga broke. "James Hird was a great player, and captain, leave him alone".

It's 2015 and we've still got grown adults bleating that someone shouldn't be held account to their failings and that we should make excuses for them because they could play sport good.

Remove this Banner Ad

amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

Back