amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

you are about
you are just as gullible as albert ross, when it suits
look at yourself - defending gil and the afl after what came out in the middleton trial
No. I'm assessing the contents and merits of the interview today. When 2 individuals share common views on rebel tours and other extreme views I then judge the merit's of a public conversation.

Gil was asked two specific questions relating to 1. the AFL duty of care

And as Andy D succinctly put it - it was not the AFL injecting these players. I have not heard a single credible argument for how the AFL is to blame for this situation. Not one. Can you please explain to me how this line of questioning is relevant when it was Essendon who implemented the program, not the AFL. Honestly, help me understand this viewpoint/why this question is relevant. It reeks of buck passing.

Alan Jones was Wallabies coach at the time of the sporting bans in South Africa. Bruce Francis organised rebel tours.

Bruce Francis wrote an unpublished authorised biography of Alan Jones.

Bruce Francis used to work on Jones' radio show as a writer, researcher or some such.

Bruce Francis is Jones' regular guest for cricket matters.

Bruce Francis probably introduced Jones to Hardie early on in the saga as the ASADA go-to guy.

Bruce Francis was a Liberal Party candidate for the seat of Richmond. Alan Jones ran as a candidate for the Liberal party multiple times.

An unfortunate coincidence. Echols

No. I'm assessing the contents and merits of the interview today. When 2 individuals share common views on rebel tours and other extreme views I then judge the merit's of a public conversation.
that's one of the sillier things said on this forum and there have been many
so you are incapable of following two simple questions all because of the background of the person asking the questions
astonishing really but that's your reallity i spose

close to the truth
Nah, I meant that as an insult. Not literally. What Jones does in the privacy of a public lavatory is irrelevant to him being f****** c***

I sort of respect the way he never let the public shaming get to him like it did George Michael. Instead, he used it to channel his anger and vitriol into becoming Australia's worst radio personality.

Called a shock jock for a reason - media 101 - takes the side that's most antagonistic and asks the questions that put the person in the hot seat under the most pressure, hoping they'll dig themselves into a bigger hole. Regardless of the topic.

Jones knows nothing about the issue but knows how to make people uncomfortable, then get people to talk about his show for the rest of the day.

so you are incapable of following two simple questions all because of the background of the person asking the questions

We should get Hird or Evans or Reid on Jones' program and give them the same treatment. Let's see how open and honest they will be.

you are just as gullible as albert ross, when it suits
look at yourself - defending gil and the afl after what came out in the middleton trial

At least Gil & the AFL won. How you are going, backing the losers? Twice over at that :$:$:$:$

So you fully believe the under current of the whole PED's saga is just a sham promoted to undermine the EFC? And any defence of the EFC is all above board and true and correct?

So you fully believe the under current of the whole PED's saga is just a sham promoted to undermine the EFC? And any defence of the EFC is all above board and true and correct?
are you incapable of seeing that there are a number of people who haven't covered themselves in glory in this saga and as gil says in the interview people need to be held to account
today the spotlight was on the AFL, and i believe rightly so
but for you none of that matters because we don't have the ability to focus on more than one thing at anytime (in fact just one thing at any time for you)
you can simply dismiss any issue by saying 'oh it's Alan Jones' or 'look over at EFC'
mind-numbingly simplistic

are you incapable of seeing that there are a number of people who haven't covered themselves in glory in this saga and as gil says in the interview people need to be held to account
today the spotlight was on the AFL and, i believe rightly so
but for you none of that matters because we don't have the ability to focus on more that one thing at anytime
you can simply dismiss any issue by saying 'oh it's Alan Jones' or 'look over at EFC'

telsa1962, can you please help me with this question? Not being a smartass, I genuinely am interested in hearing this point of view.

Gil was asked two specific questions relating to 1. the AFL duty of care

And as Andy D succinctly put it - it was not the AFL injecting these players. I have not heard a single credible argument for how the AFL is to blame for this situation. Not one. Can you please explain to me how this line of questioning is relevant when it was Essendon who implemented the program, not the AFL. Honestly, help me understand this viewpoint/why this question is relevant. It reeks of buck passing.

They were not simple questions. They were loaded questions which Jones well knew Gillon couldn't properly answer in the context of a radio interview.

The Interim Report related to governance at Essendon not the guilt or otherwise of players involved. Removal of matters indicating or otherwise the guilt of players were quite rightly taken out of the Interim Report.

Duty of Care is certainly owed by the AFL to the players. Much of the duty, though not all, is delegable to the Essendon Football Club. When it comes to the administration of medication, the primary duty rests with Essendon. What we don't know, and what Gillon couldn't reveal, but what most of us suspect is that Vlad did what he could to save Essendon. 1. By warning Hird not to head down the supplements path and 2. by giving Hird the heads up that they were being looked at by the Crime Commission. For that, Hird has spat in his face.

And really that epitomises just what a contemptible campaigner James Hird is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but for you none of that matters because we don't have the ability to focus on more than one thing at anytime (in fact just one thing at any time for you)

mind-numbingly simplistic was the interview and the result it acheived. NOTHING

Not sure how the it was the AFL's fault the players took drugs helps the players.

I am all for Hirdy staying on to coach the replacements. Not sure that is a job you would want unless you are getting paid triple what you are worth.

It is difficult to have a conversation with a bleater like Jones. Repetitions. Repetitions will work. Focus on repetitions of narrow elements of a complex case involving a club adept at deception after deception. Add the Guy With The Orange Boner as mythological Aussie Adonis. Boo-hoo. Repeat. Then just a few shrill boos. You're a smart man. You're a smart man. You're a smart man. You're a smart man. You're a smart man.

Alan Jones was Wallabies coach at the time of the sporting bans in South Africa. Bruce Francis organised rebel tours.

Bruce Francis wrote an unpublished authorised biography of Alan Jones.

Bruce Francis used to work on Jones' radio show as a writer, researcher or some such.

Bruce Francis is Jones' regular guest for cricket matters.

Bruce Francis probably introduced Jones to Hardie early on in the saga as the ASADA go-to guy.

Bruce Francis was a Liberal Party candidate for the seat of Richmond. Alan Jones ran as a candidate for the Liberal party multiple times.

.....and, Bruce and Alan will most likely co-inhabit a nursing home on Sydney's North Shore very soon. The sun room conversations will, no doubt, be positively enlightening.

Gill was trying to avoid answering the question.

Perhaps due to a process is still ongoing, that commenting would be unfair.

So if he have the full story as he sees it, I bet you all would come out and say how the AFL tarnished the privacy of the players; how the process is rigged; the AFL leaking again, yadda, yadda.

You got that right.

You're a smart man.You're a smart man.You're a smart man.You're a smart man.You're a smart man.You're a smart man.....

according to jones the afl are after hird...i dont see hird with an IN...
if anything hird has gone after the afl.
can i have that 15 minutes of my life back after listening to alan jones waste my time with his clueless finger pointing...seriously demented

can someone give me one thing they got out of that interview that has enlightened you to something new or worthy?

Bruce Francis wrote an unpublished authorised biography of Alan Jones. So your view is mind-numbingly simplistic to assume this interview was legit.

This is possibly the highlight post in the entire HTB's history.

telsa1862 calling Albert Ross gullible.

Can it ever be topped?
So terry wallet, you too accept that once Gil gets the opportunity to sit down with Jones behind closed doors he will be able to explain both issues (and particularly the AFL meddling in the process) in a way that will lead Jones on the path to a road to Damascus experience. And you too would happily accept that in the absence of the public being let in on it.
I don't believe that sort of naievty can be topped

Remove this Banner Ad

amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

Back