State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Not enough of a offensive threat for Origin.
Most of QLDs forwards werent huge threats offensively ("Leaping" Lindsay Collins aside) they did all the defensive work and then spread to big centres and wingers for alot of metres.

You might want offensive forwards but someones gotta get a gameplan first and then get the cattle to execute that gameplan. The players executed to perfection but in realiity Billy won this series.

Last edited:
Most of QLDs forwards werent huge threats offensively ("Leaping" Lindsay Collins aside) they did all the defensive work and then spread to big centres and wingers for alot of metres.

You might want offensive forwards but someones gotta get a gameplan first and then get the cattle to execute that gameplan. The players executed to perfection but in realiity Billy won this series.

QLD have ****ing Cameron Munster though and NSW has Jarome Luai is the issue in that sense

NSW just need more offense from the forwards.

That idea could change if they had Hynes there I suppose

QLD have ******* Cameron Munster though and NSW has Jarome Luai is the issue in that sense

NSW just need more offense from the forwards.

That idea could change if they had Hynes there I suppose
I honestly thought Moses would run more but thats not really my point.

You didnt have the attacking forwards yet just kept going to the forwards in attacking positions and Queensland superior defensive forwards held them out.

The few times you went a little wide and tested the defence of the wings you looked way more dangerous.

Queensland whole thing was "we defend in the middle and we attack on the flanks" we did that and we won. NSW just didnt use the wings.

I honestly thought Moses would run more but thats not really my point.

You didnt have the attacking forwards yet just kept going to the forwards in attacking positions and Queensland superior defensive forwards held them out.

The few times you went a little wide and tested the defence of the wings you looked way more dangerous.

Queensland whole thing was "we defend in the middle and we attack on the flanks" we did that and we won. NSW just didnt use the wings.

Not helped by having a ball hog at fullback who would have no idea how to pass it even if you paid him! The one time Tedesco passed it…it hit the touch judge

Not helped by having a ball hog at fullback who would have no idea how to pass it even if you paid him! The one time Tedesco passed it…it hit the touch judge
I was gonna say he might not pass cause he can’t.

I didn’t think he was as bad as most in game 1 but he was terrible in game 2, Thibk he had the chase down on Walsh but that was it.

Surely he’s gone for game 3

I was gonna say he might not pass cause he can’t.

I didn’t think he was as bad as most in game 1 but he was terrible in game 2, Thibk he had the chase down on Walsh but that was it.

Surely he’s gone for game 3

I just can’t see them dropping him probably has earnt the right to have a home origin as a send off. I’d play Mitchell at FB but they won’t.

Looks like Luai is the new Mitchell Pearce: fall-guy for Blues failures! Feel a bit for Hynes if he is being set up as the next Blues saviour.

Well well what a surprise here. We all known Luai is a grub; probably the biggest in the NRL, so let's all "chill" as per his request. In fact, the whole Panther culture is grubborific because of the influence of these sorts of players. As a QLD fan, I'm gonna say it straight - if NSW had any sense in them, they'd stand Luai down immediately. It's that kind of behaviour that is ruining the biggest games of the year. It's unsportsmanlike. It's a disgrace to be fair. I believe Matt Burton is the best and most dangerous #6 that NSW have had in years, and should take his place right away. End of story.

Well well what a surprise here. We all known Luai is a grub; probably the biggest in the NRL, so let's all "chill" as per his request. In fact, the whole Panther culture is grubborific because of the influence of these sorts of players. As a QLD fan, I'm gonna say it straight - if NSW had any sense in them, they'd stand Luai down immediately. It's that kind of behaviour that is ruining the biggest games of the year. It's unsportsmanlike. It's a disgrace to be fair. I believe Matt Burton is the best and most dangerous #6 that NSW have had in years, and should take his place right away. End of story.
Apparently NSW wants Paul Gallen to coach.

Gallen coach with Luai as the 6… nothing would make me happier than beating that team

Gallen coach with Luai as the 6… nothing would make me happier than beating that team
Haha no way, Paul Gallen couldn't coach an under 12s team if he tried. The NSW media is just a mess tbh. A "circus" as Freddy said 😂

The best option other than keeping Freddy would be to bring Bellamy in with someone like Madge Maguire or someone with experience (and who currently isn't a coach) to be assistants. Also Phil Gould should take a bigger role.

We just need to launch at Luai like a cannon whenever he plays and then stand over him like the grub keeps doing to us for no reason. He's just a fake tough guy. You're right, can't get enough of beating that 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that happens, I'm going back to telling everyone I was born in Victoria and I have no team...

I was born and raised for 4 years in QLD. Lived in Melbourne for 30 years and lived in eastern Sydney for 2.

Born and bred Maroon (also a Broncos fan which goes down really poorly in Melbourne for some reason).
Hahaha nice! I never really liked the Broncos when I first started watching league, although they were a good team. But the more I watched and how they've been able to turn things around the last few years after that disastrous year I think it was 2020 during covid? I've liked them much more ever since. I'm a Storm fan of course, but I think the Broncs have a great team and I love the additional of Walsh bc he's just a walking highlight reel. But since I barrack for QLD, I guess I have a soft spot for the QLD teams including the Cowboys, Titans (although I don't think they have the best players), and Dolphins now too.

Walsh out of Origin III for swearing at the ref. What a joke!

Is it just me or do I think Billy will pick Brimson at #1 over Ponga?? Also Horsburgh looks a big chance to debut.

Walsh out of Origin III for swearing at the ref. What a joke!

Is it just me or do I think Billy will pick Brimson at #1 over Ponga?? Also Horsburgh looks a big chance to debut.

Not a joke at all. Honestly love Reece but it’s beyond dumb and he deserves every week. Very bad look for the game.

Ponga has ruled himself out it will be Brimson

Didnt Smith cop a few weeks last year for calling the ref a ****ing cheat?

I think as long as its consistent, i didnt see the Walsh incident but there seemed to be alot of conjecture about who he was actually talking to? The Smith one was clear cut, the Walsh one certainly doesnt seem to be?

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back