State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt Smith cop a few weeks last year for calling the ref a ******* cheat?

I think as long as its consistent, i didnt see the Walsh incident but there seemed to be alot of conjecture about who he was actually talking to? The Smith one was clear cut, the Walsh one certainly doesnt seem to be?

Brandon Smith copped 3 last year same charge

Agree to disagree. I reckon it's a shocking look, as bad as umpire abuse. I get it wasn't particularly violent, but just the a terrible thing you'd not want kids copying in my opinion.

It’s at the lowest level there’s stuff all in the action just a small headbutt. Its Origin in the end was just a scuffle that’s it. Crowd loved the fight I was there. Go back and watch some brawls the 1995 famous brawl!

It’s at the lowest level there’s stuff all in the action just a small headbutt. Its Origin in the end was just a scuffle that’s it. Crowd loved the fight I was there. Go back and watch some brawls the 1995 famous brawl!
Maybe I'm getting soft, but somehow a headbutt is worse than a punch. That was the action that led to them being sent off. If it's bad enough for a send off, surely it's bad enough for a suspension?

Maybe I'm getting soft, but somehow a headbutt is worse than a punch. That was the action that led to them being sent off. If it's bad enough for a send off, surely it's bad enough for a suspension?

Grade 2, it’s a suspension in NRL nit in Origin where it’s fined

The punch wasn’t a suspension either.

I think if the head butt had any real impact it likely would have been a suspension, so it’s not dissimilar to the AFL.

Didnt Smith cop a few weeks last year for calling the ref a ******* cheat?

I think as long as its consistent, i didnt see the Walsh incident but there seemed to be alot of conjecture about who he was actually talking to? The Smith one was clear cut, the Walsh one certainly doesnt seem to be?
There was only conjecture from him and Carrigan.

If you look at the footage, he's looking at the ref when he says it.

It's possible he wasn't aiming it at the ref but the optics were horrendous.

There was only conjecture from him and Carrigan.

If you look at the footage, he's looking at the ref when he says it.

It's possible he wasn't aiming it at the ref but the optics were horrendous.
Fifita also backed Walshes version of events so that’s not technically true.

Again, I don’t have an issue with the suspension (especially noting that he apparently had been chipping the ref all game) more noting that it’s not as clear cut as the Smith one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fifita also backed Walshes version of events so that’s not technically true.

Again, I don’t have an issue with the suspension (especially noting that he apparently had been chipping the ref all game) more noting that it’s not as clear cut as the Smith one.
Did you not see his evidence on the night? Basically stuck him right in it haha.

No arguments there, Smith's far more clear cut.

Did you not see his evidence on the night? Basically stuck him right in it haha.

No arguments there, Smith's far more clear cut.
Fifitas?

I saw that he fumbled over his words and said something like "when he said it to the ref... i mean Carrigan" or something like that. Look i dont expect my League players to be world class orators.

Fifitas?

I saw that he fumbled over his words and said something like "when he said it to the ref... i mean Carrigan" or something like that. Look i dont expect my League players to be world class orators.
Yeah that's the one. I assume Brisbane paid to fly him down and then he came out with that hahaha.

Pretty funny.

Yeah that's the one. I assume Brisbane paid to fly him down and then he came out with that hahaha.

Pretty funny.
I think he was video linked and he did say he gets nervous around tribunals (probably understandable) but i agree it was pretty funny.

I found the below exchange interesting...

Carrigan: I heard him say what the f*k do you mean c**. He said that to me.

Judiciary chairman now arguing with the defence counsel that Carrigan can’t say who Walsh was talking to.

Carrigan then interjects “He was looking straight at me. I don’t know how to say that any (clearer).”
* source
So it seems the Judiciary Chairman (who cast the deciding vote) during the Defense case was arguing with the lawyer about Carrigan not being able to deduce the evidence as to who Walsh was talking too. This would mean that the Chairman (deciding vote) has his mind made up without considering the evidence. In his own argument, if no one can interpret who a comment was direct to except for the person saying it, then that is the evidence to place the weight on.

Reece Walsh said it was directed at Carrigan so thats all that should matter regarding the evidence to decide guilt??

Also the crap the Prosecutor was going on with about them being friends and meeting up for coffee and getting their stories straight, Carrigan said after State of Origin 1 that him and Walsh are flatmates, so why would they need to meet at a coffee shop to discuss their cooberation..

I found the below exchange interesting...

* source
So it seems the Judiciary Chairman (who cast the deciding vote) during the Defense case was arguing with the lawyer about Carrigan not being able to deduce the evidence as to who Walsh was talking too. This would mean that the Chairman (deciding vote) has his mind made up without considering the evidence. In his own argument, if no one can interpret who a comment was direct to except for the person saying it, then that is the evidence to place the weight on.

Reece Walsh said it was directed at Carrigan so thats all that should matter regarding the evidence to decide guilt??

Also the crap the Prosecutor was going on with about them being friends and meeting up for coffee and getting their stories straight, Carrigan said after State of Origin 1 that him and Walsh are flatmates, so why would they need to meet at a coffee shop to discuss their cooberation..
I dont really abide by slippery slope arguments and there is obviously plenty of other evidence to suggest that Walsh was absolutely talking to the ref but yeh...

Its an interesting case in point, if you cant 100% definitively say that he was directing the tirade at the ref then you probably shouldnt be suspending a bloke. What happens the next time someone says something in the heat of the moment at a teammate or themselves even.

Probably worth noting (and i stand to be corrected) but this was also Walshes 3rd misconduct thing this year which contributed to the suspension so its also his cumulative fault.

The NRL Judiciary is farcical. We all know the clowns working there are clearly New South Welsh and are desperate to avoid the sweep. Better hope QLD select Brimson over Ponga, cuz Kalyn would tear NSW to shreds if he gets named after being overlooked.

The NRL Judiciary is farcical. We all know the clowns working there are clearly New South Welsh and are desperate to avoid the sweep. Better hope QLD select Brimson over Ponga, cuz Kalyn would tear NSW to shreds if he gets named after being overlooked.
The sweep literally makes no difference to them at all. The game is already a dead rubber, the result is irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back