Amusing Newspaper Headlines

Remove this Banner Ad

couple of years back the eagles had a win and COX BOG, the headline read "BIG COX ON SHOW"

cant remember the paper (may have been MX actually) after the grandfinal, headline read "BIG PUSSIES"

I think many years ago St>kilda went down to Skilled Stadium and got thumped by a very promising Geelong outfit (this would have been 2000ish).

The front page of the Herald Sun read the next day "How do You Spell Schiessenhausen?" with a picture of the Saints walking off the ground behind it.

*please note that I have no idea if I have actually spelt the word right, and even if I haven't it doesn't really matter anyway

After Jana Rawlinson's press conference pre: Beijing:
"Jana Vents"

After Paul Collingwood's 200 in the recent local Ashes series;
"Good Old Collingwood for Ever"

...and from This Very Week
"Ling Hit Behind Play"

One I'm personally glad was never run, but bet they gave it a thought...
"Tigers Star Polaksed"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of years ago the West Coast website had these headlines in this order.....

"Trojan Recalled" - (Drew Banfields nickname, is also a type of condom)

"Cox Eases Back In"

"Chick Accepts" - Daniel Chick got a 2 match suspension

I thought it was quite humerous

When Dean Cox broke his cheek the headline was

"Cox smashes cheek ".... thought this was good.

A few years ago The Australian had a report on Shane Warne's comeback game when he captained the Vics in Pura Cup. Warnie won the toss and the Vics racked up a big score with Shane not required to bat.
The headline on the report was: "Morning toss, day off for Warne".

In May 1982 during the Falklans War, the Argentinian cruiser, the General Belgrano, had been sunk by a British submarine, the first newspaper to go to press was The Sun. It's probably their most controversial front page headline.

1.jpg

When reports filtered through that the entire crew may have died, the headline was changed to ‘Did 1,200 Argies drown?’ for later editions. Hardly anyone saw the original front page as it only made the first Northern editions but ‘Gotcha’ remains legendary in front page history.

I seem to remember from a Clive James show looking back at the 80's, that the Sun's headline when Argentina surrendered was
"Stick that up your Junta."

Remove this Banner Ad

Amusing Newspaper Headlines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back