Amusing Newspaper Headlines

Remove this Banner Ad

Wombats 2
Wobbles 0

"The Sun" headline after Aussies won 2nd test in the Ashes

"Ruud Awakening"
That was also in "The Sun", can't remember after which game, certainly involving Ruud Van Nistlerooy at Man U.

Always wanted to see "Battered Sav" as a headline when Sav Rocca was injured.

I know it has been mentioned, but I love it too much:

_38993885_sunheadline203.jpg

Also, when Sir Vivian Fuchs went to make his overland crossing of Antarctica - Dr Fuchs off to Antarctica

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiff sentence for masturbating driver

By Emily Watkins
January 08, 2009 07:36am
A MAN who filmed himself masturbating while driving at 150km/h on the Northern Territory's Stuart Highway has been fined more than $2000 and copped two months jail.

Brenton Alan Erhardt, 39, appeared in custody before magistrate Sue Oliver yesterday to answer traffic, firearms and drug offences.

Erhardt pleaded guilty to the six charges, which happened in circumstances Ms Oliver described as "bizarre to say the least".

The court heard Erhardt had been travelling south along the Stuart Highway, had been smoking cannabis while driving and was filming himself masturbating with a video camera last July.

The NT News reports police measured his speed at 137 km/h, but the court heard he had been driving at up to 150km/h.

He had two pipes for smoking cannabis in the car, as well as a loaded and an unlicensed .22 calibre rifle.

Police also found 4.9kg of marijuana, including two plants on the back seat.

Ms Oliver said the offence did not reflect Erhardt's age.

"You're not a particularly young man," she said. "This is the sort of conduct you might expect of a much younger, immature person to engage in.

"The offences really just speak of a person who doesn't have much regard for rules and regulations overall."

She sentenced him to 28 days in prison for the driving dangerously charge, which she said was serious.

"It's right up there at the upper end of dangerous driving," she said. "It causes you some embarrassment to have this aired in a public forum.

"Perhaps there's something to be learned from that."

Erhardt was also sentenced to another 28-day prison term for driving while disqualified, to be served cumulatively to the dangerous driving sentence.

Both sentences were to be served concurrently with another prison sentence he is serving.

He was fined a total of $2160 for the drugs and firearms offences.

Erhardt appeared in the Northern Territory Supreme Court last month on further drug charges from the same day.

He was sentenced to three years behind bars.

After Michael O'Loughlin was a little off-target in the 2005 GF, in a post-match interview he was quite relieved. Next day's headline read:

"O Mickey not a pity, you've just won a flag"

People who knew the 1980s would know the 'reference'.

I'm suprised about the Waite loss and Dodi and Di ones, are they for real.

In most cases headlines involving death are taken very seriously and are very rarely humorous.

Magpies confirm Dick surgery

February 25, 2008
COLLINGWOOD have confirmed small forward Brad Dick will need a knee reconstruction, effectively ending his AFL season.
The Magpies issued a media release this afternoon, saying Dick would undergo the surgery later this week.

Dick,who played six senior games last year, suffered the injury last Saturday in WA during a practice-match loss to West Coast.

There has been a rash of the dreaded "reco" during the pre-season, Fremantle onballer Paul Hasleby, Adelaide ruckman Rhett Biglands, Sydney defender Nick Malceski and young team-mate Kristen Thornton all needing the surgery.

love this heading

I'm suprised about the Waite loss and Dodi and Di ones, are they for real.

In most cases headlines involving death are taken very seriously and are very rarely humorous.

Waite Loss was on the back of the Herald Sun, the Dodi one was on 3aw breakfast show - not a headline as such.

I could not believe the Waite Loss when I read it, another one in the Hun when the creator and writer of the opening jingle to the Beverley Hillbillies died was "Let me tell a story 'bout a man who is dead"

My folks told me years ago in England the front page headline was heck
It stood for ..For unlawful carnal knowledge. Not too sure what it was about but pretty obvious.
They reckon thats how the word originated

Remove this Banner Ad

Amusing Newspaper Headlines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back