analysing Carlton supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by mrboy
all that matters is winning the premiship, the big cup.

if essendon have the most failures in the grand final, thats fine by me.
Don't start you know who off again. My head is awfully sore and I'm running out of brick walls.

Any minute now we will be subject to a post claiming that Essendon is the most successful club because they have more 5th place finishes than everyone else, or something. Then we will hear about the merits of finishing 5th.

Originally posted by Stealth bomber
Just wait, he'll come up with a way to proclaim that Essendon is better because they have more 5th place finishes than everyone else, or something.

Then he'll say "we'll, I'd rather be 5th than second, because it's good, but not too good. Being 2nd is too disappointing. Everyone knows that, it's common sense."

I don't completely agree with this. MOST of the time Dan is not biased in these sort of arguments; he doesn't twist facts to suit himself. The thing is that he can't acknowledge logic other than his own.

Originally posted by Fat Red

I don't completely agree with this. MOST of the time Dan is not biased in these sort of arguments; he doesn't twist facts to suit himself. The thing is that he can't acknowledge logic other than his own.

Thankyou. :) I have even proclaimed Carltonthe most successful club, so I can hardly be accused of being impartial. That proclamation, however, is only made because I feel that "percentage wins" are the best measure of success. There are other measures of success in football, in which Essendon and Collingwood have it over Carlton. It's very difficult ot make a reasoned argument for success when the three clubs are all so even.

I disagree - it's not at all difficult. It's perfectly simple. You decide on a set of criteria, you apply each team's achievements against those criteria and you come up with a perfectly valid argument for which team is the "most successful" (assuming that your criteria are sound).

If someone else disagrees, so be it.

For the record, I believe Adelaide to be the most successful team in VFL/AFL history.

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club
For the record, I believe Adelaide to be the most successful team in VFL/AFL history.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, I'm obviously exaggerating; it's not THAT bad. I think he just gets carried away with the need to convince everyone how successful Essendon is, even though few people ever agree with him.

Still, I admire his fanaticism.

Well, I'm obviously exaggerating; it's not THAT bad. I think he just gets carried away with the need to convince everyone how successful Essendon is, even though few people ever agree with him.

Umm, I think it's unanimous that Essendon are very successful Stealth. :eek: They have been regarded as a successful club for 100 years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone questions that Dan....I think it's when they argue about the MOST successful that it happens.

Anyway, all we can do is claim that we're the best, but nobody else has to agree with us. And that's what makes it all fun.

I think I'm just bothered by this whole "Our 16 is better than your 16 debate". In the end I don't think too many people really dwell on anything else. I don't like how everyone is trying to validate or invalidate premierships by saying things like "you didn't play a Grand Final that year" or something.

16 premierships is something to be proud of, and both clubs should take pride in that achievement.

Originally posted by Dan26

My brain is going googly. Change that to partial
Did that dictionary mention the word googly while you were there? :confused: Or maybe you have been talking to Warney? ;)

I think I'm just bothered by this whole "Our 16 is better than your 16 debate". In the end I don't think too many people really dwell on anything else. I don't like how everyone is trying to validate or invalidate premierships by saying things like "you didn't play a Grand Final that year" or something.

16 premierships is something to be proud of, and both clubs should take pride in that achievement.
Still making me like you Stealth. You absolutely sure that you aren't a Carlton supporter? ;)

Your honour, in my defence, I'd like to point out that I was engaging in a piss take when I responded to Deej along those lines ;)

16 premierships is something to be proud of, and both clubs should take pride in that achievement. [/B]

Well said.

Still making me like you Stealth. You absolutely sure that you aren't a Carlton supporter?

Absolutely sure, but thanks anyway. I don't like your club, but I do respect it.

As for the supporter base, I probably haven't gone to the footy enough yet to make a full judgement, but I have yet to have a bad experience with a Bagger supporter. That includes BigFooty, my fiancee's neighbours, and the people I sat next to during Round 3, 2001.

Remove this Banner Ad

analysing Carlton supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back