"and i am a Richmond supporter"

Remove this Banner Ad

Just spent the last two days doing presentations - work related , non sporting audience.

Eight presentations a day approx 30 people per session. My opening line was "Hi i am .... and i am a Richmond supporter". Even i was surprised at the number of people who indicated that wre also a tiger fan either by smile and nod, direct mention or by clapping.

Got me thinking maybe next year or the year or two after perhaps our season slogan should be a little from left field ( as distinct from guess what we are cooking, tiger is stirring, hawks united) I think "and i am a Richmond supporter" would gain attention ( the all important cut through) and build brand awareness.

Thoughts ?

At our conference the other week, we had clarko present - when the question was asked about whether there were any hawk supporters - no-one put their hand up! 40 people, no hawks!!!

I'm considering rolling the "& I am a Richmond supporter" line into my work presentations... come on... if we all do it every time it surely will get a life of it's own!

Problem is up here I get plenty of blank looks + the typical "GayFL" jibes... :mad:

Just hold up a pic of a labrador and go "ruff" to the audience. That should shut them up.

clever,

I have seen the same thing at presentations and with clients

with free agency around the corner it will become easier for clubs to build like it was for us back in the late 60s early 70s, a strong supporter base a strong financial base and the club could achieve great things.

all acknowledge we have the best club song in the comp, a catchy slogan where we are not 'up ourselves' like some of the other clubs slogans and the sleeping giant which is the Richmond supporter base could well be roused.

Would be great for some of you youngsters to be able to go to a packed MCG to watch Richmond play Collingwood and We would have the most supporters. It was like that once and could well be again.

That's a bit too similar to Carlton's slogan: 'Honker if you're a Blues Supporter.'

Yeah, and they have interesting membership packages at Carlton.
5 games for $125 - free paper bag to transport dirty money
11 gamer comes with option of knife or pool que (in memory of Alphonse)
18 game with option of gun with crowbar or eccy's (to deal in lygon st/chapel st) and some fully sick doof doof music cd's.

Remove this Banner Ad

"and i am a Richmond supporter"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back