Moved Thread And so Essendon's inevitable slide begins.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At the start of the year I got ridiculed by essendon fans by saying they were the weakest 3-0 side ever. I knew sooner or later they would show their true colours. They are simply cracking under some fantastic pressure by Sydney. I and others tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen. But after last week and tonight they have to face that truth. They are going to be one of the worst top 4 sides we've seen. Expect them to limp into the top 4 and get thrashed in the finals.

This is the kind of pressure they will have to face in finals. They are a long way off it.

Leading contested possesions, Inside 50's and kicked 1.10

If we could bloody kick straight from set shots we'd be a lot closer.

Leading contested possesions, Inside 50's and kicked 1.10

If we could bloody kick straight from set shots we'd be a lot closer.

The contested possession stat is padded by all the panicked handball in the opposition half. Essendon are being thoroughly outplayed.

The contested possession stat is padded by all the panicked handball in the opposition half. Essendon are being thoroughly outplayed.

Thanks BT. Any more gems you want to deliver straight from the channel 7 commentary team? Took untill we were 1.9 till they aknowledge our kicking for goal was an "issue."

The dons forward line is really dysfunctional. Get a lot of ball down there but don't have the cattle up forward IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the OP I argued they were going to slide as the season progressed. I think they have played their best football all ready, and from here it is about managing how far they drop. Will end up being among a group of teams vying it out for 7-9th position IMO. Their list is still developing and building as a team. Many upsides.

I just keep being told by essendon people he is going to be the next megastar, but in reality he has been nowhere near it. The kid can play but I think he has been massively overrated by some people.

How many Essendon people? like four? because I had an eagles supporter tell me the other day that Darling is going to be better then Ablett but that doesnt mean I assume all eagles supporters believe that.

Nothing has changed from last year - out of the blocks early, are shot by mid year, limp into the finals and get smashed in their 1 and only final. Hird is not the right person - time to move him on.

Also on a night they are begging for money they play like this. I am happy to donate after the laugh I got tonight.

I just keep being told by essendon people he is going to be the next megastar, but in reality he has been nowhere near it. The kid can play but I think he has been massively overrated by some people.

Like many neutrals I don't think he can cut it as a forward. Will be a decent defender though

At the start of the year I got ridiculed by essendon fans by saying they were the weakest 3-0 side ever.

You say that like you've been proven correct. You realise teams have started 3-0 and finished bottom 4? The statement hasn't gotten any less idiotic since you said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back