Andrew Bogut 2009/10 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

14 pts, 9 boards and 4 blocks yesterday v Hawks.
Looks ok on paper but 3 times yesterday missed crucial shots that wouldve changed the result. Disappointing we couldnt look to him to find a win against a good team. Hopefully he can bounce back..

19 pts 10 rebs 5 blocks again!!!! Beasting all over the shop. Bucks startin to get some love from the u.s media.
Impressive.

Read an article the other day about his impact on D, and skyles basically said that this is the part of his game that has impressed im the most this year. Not just the blocks, but the number of shots he changes as well

15 pts, 9 boards and another 3 blocks yesty against the Cavs.

Just got a chance to watch the game..was seriously underused when holding a massive mismatch on offense against JJ and AV. Only 9 attempts from the field will show that and really should have been used more often.

Defense solid again and whilst has always been a very good and underrated defender has taken it to another level this year with the block numbers going through the roof!

His offence would be a lot better if Jennings passed on the "Pick'n'Roll" on occasion, I just don't think the Bucks look for Bogut on offence enough.

He has to make his own points (as he should as a C) but I think they just see him as a big guy in the paint that grabs boards and swats shots and not an offensive weapon which he can be.

His offence would be a lot better if Jennings passed on the "Pick'n'Roll" on occasion, I just don't think the Bucks look for Bogut on offence enough.

He has to make his own points (as he should as a C) but I think they just see him as a big guy in the paint that grabs boards and swats shots and not an offensive weapon which he can be.

That was my point aswell.. 5-9 from the field isnt like thats a horrible percentage at all. I cant figure out why they dont use him more. The games were Andrew has scored 25+ this year hes had 15-20 shots. It didnt matter last night but in close games they continue for settle for outside shots and they have been falling but that will change eventually and will be costly.

Jennings although his shooting percentage has been horrible has been quickly learning how to run the team in other ways. So despite the FG% his last week or so he has played fantastic and actually began to limit his shots to 10 or under attempts a game. This has seen his assist numbers rise BUT im actually unsure if he knows the idea of the pick'n'roll becuase he will rarely if ever pass in that situation. Which is odd because early in the year when we started 8-3 the pick'n'roll was working a treat and setting up easy dunks for Bogues.

I also think this is due to Brandons shooting woes that teams are just leaving him open to take the jumper and nullify Andrew but i think he still needs to use him more in that situation!

Which is odd because early in the year when we started 8-3 the pick'n'roll was working a treat and setting up easy dunks for Bogues.

Not so sure about that, I really can't remember pick'n'roll being used much at all. Jennings seems to do it 1 in 4 games or so. Ridnour and Delfino actually spot up Bogut for more p'n'r s than BJ at this stage.

As for Bogut, he has looked dominant at times, often gets 8-10 pts quickly then is not used as much. I really enjoy watching him off the dribble, although he doesn't seem to be doing that quite as much the last 20 games or so. Some of his hooks have no right going in and they do ;) but then he might miss 4-5 straight.

I recall a few games early on this year where fans were all over him for his lack of effort and attrocious D. Seemed strange at the time, it really was a case of the perimeter D being shonky as (Redd...:cool:) and Bogut having to deal with swarming players constantly. Which is kind of hard to defend! Now that the team is settled and the two main liabilities on D are gone - Warrick/Redd, it is all falling in to place. Jennings has really picked it up and is quite the pesky defender, and Salmons is stellar so far.

Looking forward to the big match V Celtics tomorrow, and hopefully the Bucks make the playoffs!

And I am now excited!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

What a game. This is my first venture to the Basketball board, but I am pretty interested in NBA and have a soft spot for the Bucks because of the Bogut connection. Now I think I am turning into a fan. I don't think I have seen a big man dominate his opponent like Bogut did tonight.

Hopefully a few more Bucks games make it to ONE so I can watch them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also puts the Marvin Williams 1, 2 to rest.

Though how good the #3 and 4 picks were gonna be.....

Here's a question, withougt a healthy Yao (likely anyway), would Bogut be the best C in the West if he switched conferences?

Anyone who watched the game (I was following online) why did they keep shooting from outside late, seemed to stop going to Bogut. Were the doubling down on him or was it just catch and shoot stuff from the guards?

Boston's perimeter players lagged into the paint more making it harder to find Bogut and also Jennings as a rookie found it hard to negotiate those last couple of minutes with Boston trying to lock down, as can be expected from a rookie still learning the NBA system.

Boston's perimeter players lagged into the paint more making it harder to find Bogut and also Jennings as a rookie found it hard to negotiate those last couple of minutes with Boston trying to lock down, as can be expected from a rookie still learning the NBA system.
do you think the Bucks have enough plays to open up the big man in these situations?

If not, they better get busy on them.

Love to see Bogut go to a Denver or somewhere where his not the main target

Hopefully Bucks can recruit hard in the next couple of years but i doubt they will no one wants to play for Milwaukee

until Oden gets injury free, yes. and assuming Amare is judged a PF

Bogut is currently producing at a much higher level than anything Amare's produced in the last 2.5 seasons, and certainly a higher level than anything Oden will produce in the next 2.

The only guy in the West that'd be in his ball-park is Gasol, if you count him as a full-time Centre.

I'd even go as far as to say that, not counting Gasol, there is now a bigger gap between Bogut and the no.3 centre in the league (whoever) than between Duhwight and Bogut.

Amare is a whole different beast to Bogut so I'd just say he's a PF and leave it at that but put them both as a C and Bogut wins every time.

And Bogut is better than Oden. No question. Oden could overtake him, but he has a long way to go with his game and simply getting his body right to play the majority of seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Bogut 2009/10 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back