Universal Love Andrew Ireland on Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

He basically called them out on being Massive Cheats.

Saying that have no won a Flag since been caught Cheating:D

Also said that part of Judda$$ salary was still being payed by Visy out of the salary Cap

Thanks Andrew for saying what all Collingwood Fans want to say:D

Apart from the fact he's trashing Carlton, they were pretty poor comments IMO.

He responded to Gordon's comments about the COLA saying "he's pretty much saying we're cheating"

And then accused Carlton of cheating the cap despite the fact they've only won one flag since the cap was introduced.

Well that part of COLA is True that Swans are using it to cheat

Apart from the fact he's trashing Carlton, they were pretty poor comments IMO.

He responded to Gordon's comments about the COLA saying "he's pretty much saying we're cheating"

And then accused Carlton of cheating the cap despite the fact they've only won one flag since the cap was introduced.
I listened to the whole pre game coverage on 3aw and heard the interview. It was the worst pre game show I have heard. Including that interview.

Your exactly write though. He was over precious then completey contradicted himself with what he said about Carlton(although true).

Ireland's comments were totally unprofessional and in poor taste! His own club has been found guilty of cheating the salary cap 3 times since 1987...

On a side note I find it a bit odd to see a thread on our board on it TBH. I hate Carlton as much as the next Pies supporter, but Iteland is on the nose big time ATM and won't be getting anything close to love from me :thumbsdown:

Ireland's comments were totally unprofessional and in poor taste! His own club has been found guilty of cheating the salary cap 3 times since 1987...

On a side note I find it a bit odd to see a thread on our board on it TBH. I hate Carlton as much as the next Pies supporter, but Iteland is on the nose big time ATM and won't be getting anything close to love from me :thumbsdown:

Ireland is a Tool of a CEO.

Though as a Pie Fan you have to Smile on his Attack on the Blues

Ireland is a Tool of a CEO.

Though as a Pie Fan you have to Smile on his Attack on the Blues

My dislike of Sydney is nearing Carlton levels personally.

I certainly don't think they've cheated or anything of the sort, but I know what will happen 5 years from now when Franklin is on his last legs and contracted for another 4 years and, IMO, it's complete bullshit!

To be blunt there'll be a new administration in charge of Sydney who will go to the AFL for salary cap relief based on the decisions of a former administration (and probably get it to).

The complete disregard for their future salary cap position will possibly win them a premiership in the short term, but **** them in the long term and it's all thanks to Ireland!!

My dislike of Sydney is nearing Carlton levels personally.

I certainly don't think they've cheated or anything of the sort, but I know what will happen 5 years from now when Franklin is on his last legs and contracted for another 4 years and, IMO, it's complete bullshit!

To be blunt there'll be a new administration in charge of Sydney who will go to the AFL for salary cap relief based on the decisions of a former administration (and probably get it to).

The complete disregard for their future salary cap position will possibly win them a premiership in the short term, but **** them in the long term and it's all thanks to Ireland!!
Isn't the contract heavily loaded to the earlier years. Which in effect will reduce its impact on them in the latter part of the contract.

One thing I don't get argued about the COLA is Sydney say they are paying it to everyone on their list. But how does that make sense, because when a player signs up they know they're $400k +$50k = $450k for example. To the player it's a $450k contract which might be enough for them. It's a weird stupid argument

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget that Andrew Ireland is a former Collingwood champ.

I, and I would hope all other Collingwood people, could not care less!

He is the CEO of another club doing everything in his power to win that club a premiership at the expense of Collingwood. Therefore I for one will definitely not go easy on him for representing us some 30 odd years ago.

I want Collingwood to win premierships and anything that stands in our way needs to be taken on ala Ed with Brisbane's salary allowance!

Isn't the contract heavily loaded to the earlier years. Which in effect will reduce its impact on them in the latter part of the contract.

http://m.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-05-31/hes-saying-were-cheating-syd

Ireland confirmed that they'll spend just over $1 million on Tippett and Buddy this year. If we say that it's a 50-50 split that leaves $9.5 million in the last 8 years of the deal...

In a perfect world they'll likely be paying 800k per year for the last 3 years (which is a shit tone of money for a 34-36 yo KPF) that still leaves $7.1 million over the middle 5 years. It's just not going to work beyond the first 5 years.

They'll may get a premiership or two out of it though so it'll be worth it. They just better not have the gall to seek assistance further down the track because they'll only have themselves to blame!

I agree 100% Scodog. And the way any Sydney official gets all indignant when questioned about the COLA makes me laugh. Whats the matter boys, dont like to have to answer questions about your AFL approved rort???
I laughed at Healy on friday night during the Pes pre game show saying we need to think long term about removing the COLA as Brisbanes extra cap thats now gone is the reason they suck arse so much. Worst arguement of all time. If a club cant get bums on seats after 3 flags and 4 granny appearances in a row then they will never have the local backing as far as Im concerned.
If the Swans cant compete on the same playing field as everyone else salary cap wise, they desrve not our help, but our scorn.
Throwing more money at it only creates irresponsible recruiting moves like (buddy and Tippet).

The sooner there is ONE salary cap for everyone the better. They keep woffling on about equalisation, why not start at the root of the problem???

P.S Ireland is a twat.

One thing I don't get argued about the COLA is Sydney say they are paying it to everyone on their list. But how does that make sense, because when a player signs up they know they're $400k +$50k = $450k for example. To the player it's a $450k contract which might be enough for them. It's a weird stupid argument
I have tried to make this point, but Swans fans can't handle it. They attack you and go off on completely irrelevant tangents about player negotiations/managers.

I have tried to make this point, but Swans fans can't handle it. They attack you and go off on completely irrelevant tangents about player negotiations/managers.

Typical Theater Goers

They'll may get a premiership or two out of it though so it'll be worth it. They just better not have the gall to seek assistance further down the track because they'll only have themselves to blame!

That's the issue though, because they will complain about it and they will get assistance. The AFL has made it abundantly clear that whilst they do have some recognition of equality throughout the league, their goal first and foremost is $$$, and they need Sydney to have something that resembles a competitive market for that to happen. It's full of shit and Sydney are taking absolute advantage of it. The thing that gets to me is that they play victim throughout it all. They're taking advantage of a flaw created by the AFL and ramming it down every other clubs throat, and then having a cry when someone mentions it. They're absolutely pathetic excuses for human beings.

Amazing how quickly things can change.

2 years ago, Port were the laughing stock of the AFL, along with the Dees, with more than a few people suggesting that they should even be removed from the competition. Their drafting and development proves to be excellent, they get Koch in to run the joint and get a quality coach in. Suddenly here they are at the pointy end of the ladder, playing entertaining footy at a great new stadium in front of much bigger crowds.

2 years ago Sydney were universally acclaimed for their alleged no d1ckheads policy and for putting together a premiership list based in part on a French Foreign Legion mentality - this is your last chance, so you better work like a dog and fight for every scrap under the table.

Then they go and blow their own cover in two consecutive seasons, unable to resist the chance to exploit their unfair salary advantage by signing up two top shelf KPFs on big, big coin. They've gone from being a lot of people's "second club" to detested AFL darlings in two years.

Ireland can stick his Carlton references. The only difference between the two clubs is that one has generally done its dirty business under the table, half heartedly concealed beneath a thin veneer of "winning culture". That has now been exposed for what it always was - a culture of simply buying that which it couldn't develop from within.

The other has now been exposed for what it is, for what Brisbane was, and for what GCS and GWS will continue to be - AFL sanctioned cheating.

There is no such thing as a level playing field under this administration, but what really annoys me is that they have the nerve to pretend that there is. Cheat the cap? We'll hammer you. But if you want to cheat the cap and happen to be in a market we are desperate to develop in order to maximise our revenue, we will hand you an extra 10%. Cost of living, away from home player retention, market development... Doesn't matter what we call it, the punters will just have to cop it sweet. Suckers.

The only way these things are stopped is if the clubs demand it. Eddie helped to put a stop to the Brisbane debacle and with the likes of Malthouse finally chiming in, the AFL can't really get away with the Swans' cheating any more.

I wonder how many flags the Suns and Giants have been allocated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Andrew Ireland on Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back