Remove this Banner Ad

Merv

<b>Resident Mongrel</b>
10k Posts
Jun 24, 2006
The start of a new era
AFL Club
Essendon
Only preliminary reports atm but doesn't sound good.

It just never ends for us...

Essendon officials have confirmed it appears to be a broken ankle.

I simply cannot believe this news. The bad luck never stops. He was so inportant to us when he moved into the middle last season.

If it is broken how long does it take to recover? 12 weeks?

Edit: Thanks for the update ^^^^

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New season and its the same old bullshit starting again.

Honestly and you wonder why Im a pessimistic bastard.

I know where your coming from Dave, it gets to you after a while.

But we must hold some hope at least. You'd like to think the bloody wheel will turn one day!!

Oh well, it is disappointing but it gives Hocking a chance which I am really happy about. We need to get some games into Hocking. This season is really still a rebuilding season so although disappointing, it would be worse if we were actually going to genuinely contend for the title. Not the end of the world guys, he'll be back- it is serious but at least it aint a knee reco!

Really disapointing to hear. 12 weeks sounds a tad long. Must be some real damage there...

12 is about the normal length for a broken ankle, I remember when I did mine it took me about 2-3 months, closer to 3 than 2.

Oh well, it is disappointing but it gives Hocking a chance which I am really happy about. We need to get some games into Hocking.
Yeah, now Hocking will get a go though that thought doesn't put a smile on my face. Why Welshy? One of our better players and a real leader. I've had a gutful of all the injuries we cop. Makes me sick to the stomach. Only positive:rolleyes: is that it is an impact injury. Now we may have to replace Welsh with a mediocre player in Hocking. ****:mad::mad:

Essendon officials have confirmed it appears to be a broken ankle.

Crap. :thumbsdown:

Just so happens I badly sprained my ankle yesterday into the bargain. :(

On the flip side, it could give a youngster a chance to prove himself. (Zaha, Hocking, etc.)

They just said on Fox Sports News that they are worried he might have a double fracture of the leg as well, and Julian De Stoop said it could be similar to Nathan Browns injury, all uncomfirmed at this stage though.

Yeah now Hocking will get a go though that thought doesn't put a smile in my face. Why Welshy? One of our better players and a real leader. I've had a gutful of all the injuries we cop. Makes me sick to the stomach. Only positive:rolleyes: is that it is an impact injury. Now we may have to replace Welsh with a mediocre player in Hocking. ****:mad::mad:

As I said I am disappointed as well, but injuries happen. If anything I am more "happy" (i know it is not the right word) happened now rather than halfway through the season as it will allow Hocking to get some gametime in the NAB cup in that position. So whilst I am shattered for Welshy and everyone on here is, lets try and be positive because if 2008 taught me one thing..blaming the injuries only makes me more cranky!

They just said on Fox Sports News that they are worried he might have a double fracture of the leg as well, and Julian De Stoop said it could be similar to Nathan Browns injury, all uncomfirmed at this stage though.

I hope that is not the case but of all the media outlets Fos Sports is one of the "more" truthful! That is bad, that means that it is a season ending injury at the least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Welsh breaks ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back