Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically playing standard. Ive heard commentators and friends wax lyrical about how good a standard it is and i personally cant see it.

I love sport in general and being a Melbourne would gladly support a game i have an interest in if its a good standard. The A league has just never done it for me and if truth be told I would much rather the old NSL for the cultural diversity it allowed people to experience. Not saying the NSL was a better standard, because it was even worse, however i found it 100% more enjoyable to watch a game.

For me i get the feeling the A League is more style and hype than real substance. But in fairness im not a student of the game so perhaps i miss some of its special nuances.

your post is fair and just. if you want cultural diversity (which many non soccer people hate) get along to state leagues.

Well he's done it again.... Just when I thought we were rid of him after getting the flick from SEN he's bobbed up on Croc Media's Sports Day and RSN Breakfast. However worst of all he's made an appearance on Off The Bench... Pickers had mentioned a couple of times recently about potentially getting Maher in when Doctor Turf was unavailable and I thought surely not, but it has happened. Based on the "feedback" on their facebook page when they announced Maher was filling in I'm hoping this may be a one off....

It's actually kind of impressive that a guy with no charisma , talent or a high level of knowledge can get gigs on multiple media platforms.
People prefer same old to try something new IMO

and I am astounded every single time he does
The Sports/footy media here is one big clique.

I remember one time, years ago. Brian Waldron saying he played footy against Maher way back when. There's also the YT clip on here somewhere, of him and Rohan Connolly doing a footy segment on a paytv channel 20 years ago.

He was the producer of Talking Footy, when Bruce was doing it. That's some cred?

Well he's done it again.... Just when I thought we were rid of him after getting the flick from SEN he's bobbed up on Croc Media's Sports Day and RSN Breakfast. However worst of all he's made an appearance on Off The Bench... Pickers had mentioned a couple of times recently about potentially getting Maher in when Doctor Turf was unavailable and I thought surely not, but it has happened. Based on the "feedback" on their facebook page when they announced Maher was filling in I'm hoping this may be a one off....
lol after seeing this I went and found the post on facebook..... universal disgust at Maher :D

It's actually kind of impressive that a guy with no charisma , talent or a high level of knowledge can get gigs on multiple media platforms.
Gives hope to us all really doesn't it!

His exposure to the BBL is becoming less and less each season. He and Mark Howard used to interchange the anchor role a few seasons ago. Last year, he headed all the BBL games that only had a women's game preceding it. This time round, he has only headed the MCG derby. Unless Mark, Gillie, Ponting, Waugh and Fleming all call in sick on the same night, I reckon that might be the last we see of Andy in the BBL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His exposure to the BBL is becoming less and less each season. He and Mark Howard used to interchange the anchor role a few seasons ago. Last year, he headed all the BBL games that only had a women's game preceding it. This time round, he has only headed the MCG derby. Unless Mark, Gillie, Ponting, Waugh and Fleming all call in sick on the same night, I reckon that might be the last we see of Andy in the BBL.
He's the main man on the women's big bash but that's about it

Apparently doing a Carlton podcast as well now

He has tweeted about it non stop for 5 days.

Biggest shill in town.
That works well for me as it is something that I have absolutely no chance of ever listening to

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back