Announcement: All Port players cleared for any wrong-doing in the showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Great for football in general.

We can put away the netballs for a bit longer.

Lets hope we see more games like the Showdown in the future.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

And Lewis cops a week for a silly love tap.

Go figure:confused:

If you analysed each case individually probably fair. I thought Petigrew may have been in trouble with his hit on Thompson given some past similar cases we have seen copping a suspension. The Thomas tackle wasn't reportable, but for his own sake he just does need to watch himself though before he develops a reputation.

Only one I thought maybe worth of a look was the Pettigrew charge on Thompson.

But I think its good no action will be taken.

I think it is good when players get off. But standards are just non-existent. When you look at Soloman getting two weeks for accidental contact you have to wonder WTF they are on some times.

Certain players get protected and some get the full force of the farce they call the tribuneral.

There you go, I had a whinge ;)

Just watching the highlights on 'The Winners' on fox, geez there where some good honest hits, good to see, keeps my faith in footy alive!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just announced on Channel 9's 6pm news.

Just as I suspected too.

Now for the bitching.

You may start to hate on the news...

...now :):thumbsu:

All good as far as I'm concerned. They reviewed the incidents, nothing to report, then we get on with next week. I just hope that the tribunal is consistent as I think we'll see better footy if they don't try to take out the physical side. In reality, the roles could have been reversed in that game, but I think our focus on the ball more than the man at crucial times got us over the line, but also cost us a few injuries. So be it...a great game.:thumbsu:

I'll be honest - I thought Brogan and Thomas were in strife.

You almost wonder if after the massive excitement over the quality of the game, the AFL have realised a bit of the rough stuff is what people want.

I thought they'd both go; I wanted them to go because I dislike Power, but, for the sake of footy, I'm glad they didn't.

If the MRP is going to let it go all year, then awesome.

No complaints about the review committee from this Crows fan, all hits were within the rules of the game.

Personally I don't think Port played in the sort of spirit I like to see, they often seemed more interested in hurting the opposition than winning the ball. I guess Showdowns are always physically affairs and with criticism of being 'soft' last week, Port wanted to prove a point.

Am just relieved our boys stuck to playing footy and didn't suffer in serious injuries.

You almost wonder if after the massive excitement over the quality of the game, the AFL have realised a bit of the rough stuff is what people want.

I thought they'd both go; I wanted them to go because I dislike Power, but, for the sake of footy, I'm glad they didn't.

Completely agree with all of this. Thought Brogan and Thomas would get one match each. I am glad they got off though in a way because I don't want those incidents to keep being talked about as being filthy and dirty when they really weren't although a couple were borderline.

In the real battle of the week tho, Mariah scored her 18th #1 on the US Billboard chart, surpassing the great Elvis's longstanding record of 17 #1's. Elvis fans are up in arms saying the Hound Dog / Don't Be Cruel double A side should be counted as 2 separate #1's but I think that is as Kramer would say ... kooky talk.

POTY

Hooray!

Now hopefully we can celebrate the game for what it was - real football, the way it used to be played.

Seriously, the bitching and moaning over a few legal bumps, and a tackle in which it was virtually impossible to stop the forward momentum, has bordered on near hysteria.

And I'm sure the people doing all the bitching and moaning are the same people who decry the game for becoming soft. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

More games like that one please.

Hooray!

Now hopefully we can celebrate the game for what it was - real football, the way it used to be played.

Seriously, the bitching and moaning over a few legal bumps, and a tackle in which it was virtually impossible to stop the forward momentum, has bordered on near hysteria.

And I'm sure the people doing all the bitching and moaning are the same people who decry the game for becoming soft. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

More games like that one please.

Well said :thumbsu:

one of my favourite song lyrics, from louden wainwright:

the good old days are good n gone;
they're good, cause they're gone.

old style footy has been outlawed for a very good reason.
I didn't see anything in that game which resembled thuggery :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Announcement: All Port players cleared for any wrong-doing in the showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back