Remove this Banner Ad

google_this

Debutant
Feb 28, 2008
Moe
AFL Club
Geelong
Whats people's thoughts?

Personally I don't think we can have another crack, we won't bottom out but time to gives the kid's a go,

Milburn, Ling, Ottens, Mooney, Probably should go out with the era.

Amazing times, lets not do a Lions/Vossy 09/10.

Re: Another crack? or transition?

swear it says ur allegiance lays with adelaide, but anyway. Time to blood some kids & get rid of some of the oldies, milburn while still a g its time to give up his place & mooney has gone to absolute ****. & if ablett goes defenitely time to rebuild for the next tilt

I reckon you've got enough young and middle aged talent to go the swans route... rebuilding while playing finals.

Yeah, time for the rebuild. Will be interesting though. We still have enough
Guns to be a threat, if we get the right replacements. Otto looks done, milly to go (coz we need to give the young bloke a crack - still love the bloke), moons done, lingy up forward, Corey done(?).
I think though if we can get a ruckman and Hawkins can develop as a forward, we can be back challenging within 2 to 3 seasons, rather than the usual 5.
It's been a pleasure watching this team. I will cherrish the past 4 years forever....

Must rebuild. Varcoe into the middle
Joel Corey, Milburn, Ottens, Blake should go
Hunt to slow as well to cover smalls
If Ablett goes we have to re-build

Would scarlett retire?

I also think Johnson is a liablity - just to slow

We still have a chacne...bad game tonight.

Think Milburn will call it quits...wat a great he has been for us...

We still haev a lot to work with.

Keep the faith..

What an aamazing era it has been

WE ARE GEELONG

No question we could finish top 4 with the same team which equals another crack. But we can expect to see 3 or 4 changes in the 22 next year.

I think we are good enough to atleast reach another preliminary final, but i can't see us having another crack at the premiership anytime soon.

I think we will aim to have another crack but we have to work on some values and attitudes we have had for the past 4 years.

We need to give young players ago, old guys need to move on and make way for them.

We need to work on how to beat the forward press and come up with something new in terms of our gameplan. Hey, it worked for 3 years, it took a long time for a coach to really break us down.

Must get games into Gillies, Menzel, Duncan, Christensen, Motlop, either/both of Daws/Vardy and even Cowan (special) next year. Haven't seen anything of Brown, but hoping like buggery he can be our power forward.
Who that pushes out I'm not sure, but I think it's definitely transition time, if managed well there's no need to bottom out. Though maybe that is the way to play the system?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more we persist with our bunch of older guys, the more younger players we will bleed to other sides and the worse will be the fall.

Hang on - a bad fall - means good draft picks dunnit?

Stuff that! Play the kids next year. Taylor Hunt, Duncan, Menzel and Gillies.

I think we can have another crack next year, as long as we give games to players on form and not reputation.

I can't see how it helps kids like Duncan get a few games without seemingly putting a foot wrong, only to be dropped when a player with past "brownie points" comes back.

Cookie said a week or so ago the list management members would have to decide on whether there is another tilt at a flag in this group, or rebuild. At the time he indicated most players wanted to go around again. Dasher was one he mentioned. I think tonight and the last game against the Pies showed we're off the pace. I'm not sure how major the surgery will be to the list but a fair amount of pruning is needed IMHO.

The Pies exposed our lack of Pace big time. Gazza will be gone and so some of the older players should step down and a they should rebuild the side IMO.

you should be carded for that suggestion

gazza will stay

you should be carded for that suggestion

gazza will stay
he is only stating facts.. a few younger faster guys should have played.. all year too.. watching them run off older guys was embarrassing... about time to rebuild.

Take a lesson from Essendon and rebuild. We should have rebuilt after the Grand Final loss in 2001 but Sheedy kept trying to top us up with recycled players. It's why we are where we are now. A great era has come to an end. It's time to rebuild.

must get games into christensen, he will be a star

he has It

i haven't felt this strongly about a player since... kane tenace actually, but still, he'll be a gun

Rebuild the year after with the new coach, there is no reward for finishing low next year anyway.

Redevelop the game plan add a few kids, win the flag.

The margin may be a blessing. Unlike the Saints loss which many still maintain it was some sort of bad luck/wrong imput from the umpire this was a brutal awakening that this is not 2007.

The game has moved , as in fact it did in 2008. That we were beaten by a press by a lesser team showed our style had flaws. That we came back and won a GF when were were not the best team all year , it was a testament to the group and probably that a couple of things fell our way.

Now its 2010 , the group is basically the same and others have more refined plans as well as younger and quicker teams. One for One they might not be of our class but you dont have to be. The Pies & The Saints will be studied, the press will become the mantra and and I don't think we have the group to play that style to the best level. Our only saving grace may be a cap on interchange , it may change it again.

Did the players know it or was it a shock for them. I don't know but the margin may allow the club to be more clinical. There are probably 4 players that played their last game last night if not more if we are serious . We must get 50 games into our next group asap to trying make the most of Bartel,Selwood etc or it will be a much longer time before were are a real threat again

Remove this Banner Ad

Another crack or transition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back