Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I was talking about it, so obviously didn't think it was an invalid talking point. Merely offering my thoughts on the topic, that our strongest centre clearance per game player this season (Bruhn) will likely add to the refreshed midfield configuration, and not be some sort of hindrance.
Bruhn was doing , by necessity , a lot of coalface work with Danger out and before Stewart came in as another big body.
Coming back I see an opportunity to use his breakaway speed to be a first receiver with others feeding him from stoppage. He’s a tough bugger but I’d rather see him being less battered and use his foot skills off both sides to set us up post stoppage.
He probably takes Clark or Mannaghs place in the 23?

Bruhn was doing , by necessity , a lot of coalface work with Danger out and before Stewart came in as another big body.
Coming back I see an opportunity to use his breakaway speed to be a first receiver with others feeding him from stoppage. He’s a tough bugger but I’d rather see him being less battered and use his foot skills off both sides to set us up post stoppage.

Not Mannagh's.

I had the displeasure of hearing Malthouse doing special comments on ABC radio on Friday night. He spent the entire game talking about Collingwood having the ascendancy despite us leading for the majority, every time we scored a goal he would comment on how Collingwood’s system had broken down instead of highlighting good play by us. Fortunately he piped up less in the last quarter, I wonder why 🤔
I change to SEN when I hear Malthouse on the ABC broadcast. The guy is an utterly clueless bitter old man yelling at clouds

Bruhn comes in for Clark on current form

How does BT have a job ? 🤔

Doesn’t he have an annual performance review ?

Listening to Friday night foootball is like “Dumb and Dumber” 👎
FTA channels purely appeal to the lowest, common denominator - their demographic.

Thanks to dazbroncos who recently posted KROCK live link, I listen to their commentary 😻

Most refreshing to listen to commentary without W⚓️s barracking for the oppo team. Kind of excellent they know Geelong players’ names too 😹 😹 😹

Absolutely love KROCK’s very balanced commentary 😃

Mannagh is a lock.

Bruhn will be in and clark will go out unless we reshuffle and take tuohy or a fwd out.

Remember when he got 55 possessions in a game. Ridonkulous

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

4 first qtr goals against Carlton (who were a powerhouse ) round 2 -1980 at Princess Park were better , saw the lot of them , behind the visitors end goals , some lovely theatre from the goal umpires back then , tricky cross breeze blowing , theyd race accross to one goal post , look directly up the goal post , then double back into the centre of the goal square and signal a goal - and then the roar would go up . Featherby allowed for the wind beautifully on each occasion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparent to most, but not to Warhorse
Warhorse is just that..... once useful but now outdated but on a more serious note he's bitterness in writings and one for not being prepared to let go, when for all and sundry it all appears (his writings) baseless and clueless, is beyond childish behavior. Personally, I regard the guy as an embarrassment but each to their own.

Yep, the haters got to relax a bit. He is going to be very good.

Dockers and Blues losing helping us. See how demons go tonight.
Hawks, Bulldogs + Dees did us a favour. We need to defeat Dees next time 🤞🏻

Considering pressure acts, 1%rs + goal assists, a bad injury occurred late in Q4 on Friday night 🙀

1720935595817.png

Loo seat was broken on Friday night 😿

Saturday morning ’cat scan’

1720935301657.jpeg

Diagnosis: left patellar tendon tear, six to 12 months recovery 😿

Thoughts + prayers, please?

Alloy preferred for Hinges Kitty and NOT plastic 👋
A super cheap + nasty loo, plastic cistern, here when I bought the house. Hopefully a bathroom reno soon.

I’ve waited years for a GoFundMe + considering my contribution to Geelong’s success, am a bit miffed at the conditions I’m forced to endure.

Surely a few thousand dollars from new training facility could be sent my way, for a warm bathroom with wide screen telly?

Mannagh just has to stay.

While I adore Clark + understand the need to play games, for our future, I recognise Bruhn is crucial to our 2024 + future hopes.

Perhaps sub Clark with some VFL games + rotate with Tuohy, who was off the boil on Friday night. Tuohy needs to be managed. He’s played a terrific role recently, need to play him when he’s fresh.

I get the angle you're coming from, but the correct way to do this would actually be to divide total CB appearances by total CB clearances and then order by rank for Geelong players. And this still wouldn't be perfect. Score differentials from centre bounce clearances for each player from their total CB involvements would tell us more.

If you wanna go collect that data and bring it back for us then it could be interesting. I'd be surprised if Bruhn wasn't in our top 6 for either, and Scott likes to roll with at least 6 midfield rotations.
To be honest numbers appeal more to the nerd in me than to the cats fan. And I'm not that nerdy to do what you're asking. 😄

I think we'll really see Bowes & Bruhn thrive - we're already seeing it with Jack - with Danger & Stewart in the midfield with them too.

Has had to play above his paygrade so far with us has Bruhn, and he'll finally be able to play as the 3rd or 4th mid rather than the 1st or 2nd.

Some have been way too hard on the kids in there.

Even Norf have LDU & Simpkin in there to protect their youngsters, while WC have had Kelly & Yeo, not to mentioned a very good ruckman in Norf's case with Xerri too.

Our equivalents in Dangerfield & Guthrie have been perpetually injured, and Stewart hasn't been in there until recently.

It's left way too much for Bruhn, Bowes, Holmes, & Clark to do, and I'm really excited to see how they go now that they're the supporting cast rather than the lead acts.

Warhorse is just that..... once useful but now outdated but on a more serious note he's bitterness in writings and one for not being prepared to let go, when for all and sundry it all appears (his writings) baseless and clueless, is beyond childish behavior. Personally, I regard the guy as an embarrassment but each to their own.
Why are there so many personal issues going on here ffs? Grow up people and get with the footy.

The odd snipe is ok IMO but there are some consistently really bad vibes on here between some at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back