West Side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Sorry I couldnt find the link.
From page 86 of the HUN.

Jon Ralph Herald Sun May 27th
Injury-plagued Hawthorn ruckman Max Bailey has suffered a setback with his reconstructed knee, but is still on track to play football this year.
Bailey has suffered three knee reconstructions in his time at Hawthorn, and had been making steady progress since damaging his "good" knee in Round 22 last year.
But a recent arthroscopy to clean up loose cartlidge will push back his return until early August.
It would give him four weeks of the home and away season to test his reconstructed left knee.
Hawthorn is likely to give Bailey, 23, another contract even if he cannot return to the seniors by the end of the season.
The Hawks ruck crisis has eased slightly in the past two weeks by former Western Bulldogs ruckman Wayde Skipper being available to support Brent Renouf

Another beat up.

Wasn't there a thread posted around here saying that Max has having the arthroscope as nothing more than routine? I though he would be back around August anyway.

cheers Bradway, from all reports it was the same with his other knee...a final clean-up before increasng the intensity of his training in preparation for a return to the footy field...Go Big Max :thumbsu:

Just out of interest, what do they mean when they say "clean up".

Whenever I think of invasive surgery, I always assume you are making the area immediately surrounding the cut weaker...but I have no medical background of any form.

Perhaps with keyhole surgery, this isn't the case anyway.

But back to the original query, what exactly is "cleaned up"? Cartlidge? Fluid? Other?

It was an arthroscope for a clean up; apparently routine after a reconstruction.

It is "keyhole" surgery and usually cleans up debris with the joint space.

Nothing new here, guys. John Ralph trailling the good burghers of BF in the knowledge stakes yet again.

Hi John!

Yeah, pretty sure "go hawks" cleared this one up for us in the injury thread a week or two ago.

Being a country boy, I used to hang off every word in the HUN, until that is, :heart: i found you guys on bigfooty.:heart: Those love hearts are a bit gay, but what the hell.

Sorry guys, I didnt realise that this had already been discussed.
Mods please delete thread if necessary.
Cheers

Yeah i posted this nearly 2 weeks ago and it was censored.Again the club has no idea if and when he will return hell you dont have to be a doctor to work that out.

Yeah i posted this nearly 2 weeks ago and it was censored.Again the club has no idea if and when he will return hell you dont have to be a doctor to work that out.

No, kingkyle, there is a timeline in place as reported.

And your post was in the light of that information inaccurate and hence deleted.

You can raise your concerns privately with any of the mods.

You stated his career was over.
kingkyle said:
The end seems close for Bailey he has had another setback and the club has no idea when or if he will be fit.

Its simple he is finished which is shame for him and the club.
You were wrong.

You stated his career was over.

You were wrong.

Galon has officially won the 'avatar' award....wait a minute, i forgot about Goldhawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get him ready for 2011. Absolutely nothing to be gained by playing him in a handful of games in 2010. If he doesn't play this year he gets another 6 months strengthening into his toothpick legs before he starts playing games. We have come this far with him, lets give him every opportunity to have a long career rather than test him in a handful of games this year.

Just out of interest, what do they mean when they say "clean up".

When they do this they might be removing little bits of floating cartilage, or they can use little forceps with a basket at the end and nibble off bits of cartilage, then shave the area, with the aim being to leave the internal joint surface nice and smooth.

Many people have this done - arthritis and stuff.

Just thought i comment on the little fat kid smoke addict you have as your avatar Galon. That little baby can make any parent proud..:eek:
Astounding stuff, eh. Great parental control at play.

Poor **** can't take a trick.

Our version of Collingwoods Lee Walker!

I feel sorry for Max, but are the club seriously going to give him another contract? He has hardly taken the field in the years he has been at the club and must be keeping the medico's and rehab staff very busy!

Surely there is a decent ruckman in his early 20's in the WAFL, SANFL or VFL we could give an opportunity instead???

If he is fit, he should play. However it seems he wont be AFL fit so Box Hill it should be.

Lets hope Taylor gets fit. You want three fit ruckman in case one gets injured or one gets sick;)

Renouf/Skipper are toiling well, just need them to not suffer injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another set back for Max Bailey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back