Answer the footy survey

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyger said:
And in all reality who really cares. Hawthorn, developing a fine facility out that way, deserve to play at Waverly, especially because it's not going to be an AFL ground. They don't play an AFL strandard of game so the ground suits them fine. It also has a far superior surface to the Telstra Dome.
I must apologise for being a ....ing newbie though. I should of remembered the 80's. A couple of tussles in September. You, however, need to cast your mind back to Windy Hill and the all in where Mal Brown belted Essendon. It got nasty for a while.
What about the tussles in the 1980's or what about the line in the snad or the close margin between the teams over the last 10 years-5 tussles by under 10 points

Sportaus said:
- Hawthorn and St Kilda to play Kangaroos, Bulldogs, Carlton (if not Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond) in Launceston next season.
- Likewise with the Kangaroos in Canberra.

Last two points there are, in my opinion ofcourse, worth considering - want to grow the game the best or most popular teams should be sent in, it will work and the AFL will be laughing at the other codes misfortune.

Surprised it hasn't been done already.

You obviously don't run a profitable business.

Here's what I put in...

- First game at the new redeveloped MCG to be between Richmond and Collingwood. Thousands would come along just to witness the newly constructed stand for the first time.

- Create Rivalry Round to be Round 3, with the matching Heritage Round to be Round 22, so there are no major road trips for any of the clubs leading into the finals.

Round 3 - Rivalry Round

Friday
Essendon vs Richmond, 7:40pm TD (N) - 49, 000

Saturday
Carlton vs Collingwood, 2:10pm TD - 49, 000
Geelong vs Kangaroos, 2:10pm SS - 28, 000
Brisbane Lions vs Sydney, 7:10pm G (N) 38, 000
*St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs, 8:10pm TD (N) 44, 000

Sunday
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide, 12:40pm AAMI, 40, 000
Hawthorn vs Melbourne, 2:10pm TD - 42, 000
West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle, 2:10pm S - 40, 000

*Start game an extra hour later allowing Telstra Dome staff to prepare the venue for the night game following.

Round 22 - Heritage Round

Friday
Collingwood vs Carlton, 7:40pm MCG (N) - 65, 000

Saturday
Richmond vs Essendon, 2:10pm MCG - 62, 000
Fremantle vs West Coast Eagles, 2:10pm S - 40, 000
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda, 7:10pm TD (N) - 42, 000
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide, 7:10pm AAMI (N) - 40, 000

Sunday
Sydney vs Brisbane Lions, 1:10pm SCG - 32, 000
Melbourne vs Hawthorn, 2:10pm MCG - 45, 000
Kangaroos vs Geelong, 2:10pm TD - 43, 000

**All games are local times.

- Make the Split Round 4 games per week, taking into consideration the days that certain teams played in Round 12. Eg. Teams that played earlier in Round 12 would play the first week of the Split Round, while teams that played the later half of Round 12 would play the second week. In 2005, Melbourne should not have had a 5-day break going into the Split Round after playing the Queen's Birthday clash against Collingwood on the Monday.

My rivalry round was:
Port v Adelaide
West Coast v Freo
Essendon v Collingwood
Carlton v Richmond
Sydney v Melbourne
Brisbane v Western Bulldogs
Geelong v St Kilda
Hawthorn v Kangaroos

My fixture requests:
12 games in Sydney - 3 Saturday night at Telstra Stadium, 3 Saturday night at SCG and 6 Sunday at SCG.
Due to higher likelihood of travel in finals, round 22 should consist of: SA showdown, WA derby, Sydney and Brisbane both at home. At least for as long as the MCC finals contract remains.
Kangaroos to play Essendon in Canberra (not likely, but worth a try).
If the AFL books Telstra Stadium for a game, don't back down to any bully-boy stuff by rugby union.

metallichris said:
Here's what I put in...

- First game at the new redeveloped MCG to be between Richmond and Collingwood. Thousands would come along just to witness the newly constructed stand for the first time.

- Create Rivalry Round to be Round 3, with the matching Heritage Round to be Round 22, so there are no major road trips for any of the clubs leading into the finals.

Round 3 - Rivalry Round

Friday
Essendon vs Richmond, 7:40pm TD (N) - 49, 000

Saturday
Carlton vs Collingwood, 2:10pm TD - 49, 000
Geelong vs Kangaroos, 2:10pm SS - 28, 000
Brisbane Lions vs Sydney, 7:10pm G (N) 38, 000
*St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs, 8:10pm TD (N) 44, 000

Sunday
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide, 12:40pm AAMI, 40, 000
Hawthorn vs Melbourne, 2:10pm TD - 42, 000
West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle, 2:10pm S - 40, 000

*Start game an extra hour later allowing Telstra Dome staff to prepare the venue for the night game following.

Round 22 - Heritage Round

Friday
Collingwood vs Carlton, 7:40pm MCG (N) - 65, 000

Saturday
Richmond vs Essendon, 2:10pm MCG - 62, 000
Fremantle vs West Coast Eagles, 2:10pm S - 40, 000
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda, 7:10pm TD (N) - 42, 000
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide, 7:10pm AAMI (N) - 40, 000

Sunday
Sydney vs Brisbane Lions, 1:10pm SCG - 32, 000
Melbourne vs Hawthorn, 2:10pm MCG - 45, 000
Kangaroos vs Geelong, 2:10pm TD - 43, 000

**All games are local times.

- Make the Split Round 4 games per week, taking into consideration the days that certain teams played in Round 12. Eg. Teams that played earlier in Round 12 would play the first week of the Split Round, while teams that played the later half of Round 12 would play the second week. In 2005, Melbourne should not have had a 5-day break going into the Split Round after playing the Queen's Birthday clash against Collingwood on the Monday.
Good draw, but I dont think St.Kilda Western Bulldogs will get 44 000 they only got 32 000 last week.

Other then that, I would accept that one.

But what is with Essendon and Richmond????

On the opening of the new stand, Collingwood at the start of the year said no to Collingwood vs Richmond, from memory its either Collingwood V Melbourne or Hawthorn.

Why not have Rivalry Round in round 1??????

btw, Richmond Essendon havent had 55 000+ since 2001 hardly likly next year.

-Should all teams play a similar number of Friday night games, or should the prime-time slot be reserved for the better teams?

YES (All teams should be equal when it comes to the draw).

- Should the MCG host more Friday night games

YES

- How do fans in South Australia and Western Australia feel about Saturday afternoon

N/A

- Is there a place for more twilight games?

NO

- Would you support Monday night football?

NO

- How many games on Mother's Day?

NONE

- Who should play who in round 22?

Eagles V Dockers
Crows V Power
Swans V Lions (to be alternating)
All Victorian sides to stay at home.

- How should the bye week be structured?

4 games over each weekend.

- Who should open the season, and play on Easter Thursday?

The previous years Grand Finalists.

- Should there be footy on Good Friday?

NO

- Are there any other developing markets that should be tapped?

CHINA

Demon in Hell said:
-Should all teams play a similar number of Friday night games, or should the prime-time slot be reserved for the better teams?

YES (All teams should be equal when it comes to the draw).

- Should the MCG host more Friday night games

YES

- How do fans in South Australia and Western Australia feel about Saturday afternoon

N/A

- Is there a place for more twilight games?

NO

- Would you support Monday night football?

NO

- How many games on Mother's Day?

NONE

- Who should play who in round 22?

Eagles V Dockers
Crows V Power
Swans V Lions (to be alternating)
All Victorian sides to stay at home.

- How should the bye week be structured?

4 games over each weekend.

- Who should open the season, and play on Easter Thursday?

The previous years Grand Finalists.

- Should there be footy on Good Friday?

NO

- Are there any other developing markets that should be tapped?

CHINA
:D CHINA

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs?

I understand us playing Melbourne or StKilda, but
what friggen rivalry do we have with Footscray?

We angry at them for giving us Darren Baxter?

Seriously, some BF poster know shi.t all about anything let alone footy.

Tigers 1945 said:
Round 22 to be held as a Position Round: 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, 7v8 etc.

How do they schedule that in advance you knob. :rolleyes:

Tyger said:
And in all reality who really cares. Hawthorn, developing a fine facility out that way, deserve to play at Waverly, especially because it's not going to be an AFL ground. They don't play an AFL strandard of game so the ground suits them fine. It also has a far superior surface to the Telstra Dome.
I must apologise for being a ....ing newbie though. I should of remembered the 80's. A couple of tussles in September. You, however, need to cast your mind back to Windy Hill and the all in where Mal Brown belted Essendon. It got nasty for a while.

You know nothing about football, Feral.

HardcoreHawk said:
Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs?

I understand us playing Melbourne or StKilda, but
what friggen rivalry do we have with Footscray?

We angry at them for giving us Darren Baxter?

Hear Hear.

Lets shaft the Tigers to foxfooty as they are always, Richmond vs Western Bulldogs in Darwin has a nice ring to it :D

Carlton vs Collingwood
Kangaroos vs Richmond
Adelaide vs Port
Brisbane vs Sydney
Fremantle vs West Coast
Geelong vs Melbourne
Hawthorn vs Essendon
St.Kilda vs Bulldogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkk said:
What about the tussles in the 1980's or what about the line in the snad or the close margin between the teams over the last 10 years-5 tussles by under 10 points

big deal. the ess v haw rivalry died years a go, well to essendon supporters it did anyway.

ess v rich is a big game, and when both teams are going it is a 'blockbuster' that draws the crowds. the afl got it wrong with its rivalry round match up this year and i think it will be changed to coincide with the build up to the 'dream time' game.

dave_27 said:
big deal. the ess v haw rivalry died years a go, well to essendon supporters it did anyway.

ess v rich is a big game, and when both teams are going it is a 'blockbuster' that draws the crowds. the afl got it wrong with its rivalry round match up this year and i think it will be changed to coincide with the build up to the 'dream time' game.
Last time Essendon vs Richmond drew more then 55 000 was 3 years ago.

Richmond's drawing power is the most over rated aspect of football

HardcoreHawk said:

hyperkid.gif
Is this you?

Leave it as an "unscheduled position round", much like how finals venues can change at a moments notice.
But yeah, I can understand it would be logistically difficult with respect to organising corporate boxes/functions, and all the other associated problems with it.
It could probably work, but it maybe logistically very difficult though.
But these are only ideas after all.

HardcoreHawk said:
67-posts in this thread so far and you haven't come up with anything yet.
Lets hear some of your suggestions.
This should be good.

HardcoreHawk said:

You know nothing about football, Feral.

Sorry. Lets just do what you want then. I failed to realise that I needed to appease your superior knowledge, which probably goes back at least five years. It seems to me that Hawthorn only want to play against Essendon in the Rivalry rounds. Why? If you only want Essendon supporters to prop up your miserable bottom line that's fine, but at least do your self a favour and look for a real rivalry. You are only making yourself look like a ........ "KNOB".

Rivalry Round.....

West Coast Eagles v Fremantle Dockers
Adelaide Crows v Port Adelaide Power
Essendon Bombers v Collingwood Magpies
Carlton Blues v Richmond Tigers
Sydney Swans v Kangaroos
Western Bulldogs v Geelong Cats
Melbourne Demons v Hawthorn Hawks
St Kilda Saints v Brisbane Lions

Fixture Requests....

Play a game on Good Friday Night
Split Round - Play 8 games the first week and 2 State of Origin games the 2nd week.

Round 22...Play Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans on Friday Night so the visiting team can travel home early to prepare for a possible finals campaign.
West Coast v Freo and Port v Crows = No travel
All 10 Victorian based teams to play in Victoria = No travel
(2 games at MCG, 2 games at TD, 1 game at Geelong)

I'd like to see round 22 be some predefined format, so that there is no arguing about who travels or doesn't or for the SA and WA sides whether they really want a Showdown/Derby in the last round. These are pretty big events in both states and I'm not sure thats what they would want straight before finals.

I was thinking the last round should eb based on the final standings for the previous year and you would have 1v16, 2v15 and so on. Means everybody knows where they stand before the season even starts.

I'm not a fan of rivalry rounds or big clashes in Round 22; I would have thought that the sides making the finals will have a hard enough month ahead, without adding another tough round in week 22.

Cos

Hawkk said:
Last time Essendon vs Richmond drew more then 55 000 was 3 years ago.

Richmond's drawing power is the most over rated aspect of football

How many are at the Rich v Ess game today?

Tigers 1945 said:
67-posts in this thread so far and you haven't come up with anything yet.
Lets hear some of your suggestions.
This should be good.[/QUOTE]

2 Posts, and im too busy.

If you think the AFL gives a flting f.uck what the average joe
wants to see then you are even dumber than i thought.

The AFL just wants to make money. (Scumbags that they are.)

[QUOTE=Tyger]Sorry. Lets just do what you want then. I failed to realise that I needed to appease your superior knowledge, which probably goes back at least five years. It seems to me that Hawthorn only want to play against Essendon in the Rivalry rounds. Why? If you only want Essendon supporters to prop up your miserable bottom line that's fine, but at least do your self a favour and look for a real rivalry. You are only making yourself look like a ........ "KNOB".[/QUOTE]

Where did i say i wanted to play Essendon you illerate unable to read
Feral.

"Where did i say i wanted to play Essendon you illerate unable to read
Feral." Quoted from the greatest literary mind of our times Hardcore Hawk

What does "illerate" mean? Ask mummy to look it up for you in the dictionary. Then, sit down, watch a High Five video and leave the sensible talk to the big people.

And by the way, I never paid any attention to anything you had to say. You are a complete and utter tool. Unless you wake up to yourself you will have alot of trouble when you get to high school.

Now here are some words you can read.... knob...feral.

Hawkk said:
Why not have Rivalry Round in round 1??????

Thought about it. Wouldn't think the AFL would use the Rivalry Round during the Easter Weekend though.

btw, Richmond Essendon havent had 55 000+ since 2001 hardly likly next year.

Like said before, today got 49, 925 approximately in shocking conditions. Should've got 55, 000+ if today was a nice day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Answer the footy survey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back