Anthony Stevens Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Zeke said:
It's not a matter of right and wrong, it's merely an opinion.

Anthony Stevens is a very good ordinary footballer, who made the most of his opportunities, faced adversity and overcame it. He's not the lone ranger. As a footballer, he's in the class of a Paul Licuria - are you going to tell me he's a legend and a great?

Go on, make this about Collingwood.
You know you want to.

Zeke said:

So accept that others think he's a champion player, instead of making comments like "Geez... He was a very good orindary player, but lets not get carried away..."

It's merely an opinion. If he's a 'very good ordinary player' with what he's achieved on the football field and given to the club, I'll take my chances with 22 'very good ordinary' players anyday.

Zeke said:
As a footballer, he's in the class of a Paul Licuria - are you going to tell me he's a legend and a great?

Plainly incorrect.

Forget opinion, all the facts on offer say you're wrong.

Stevo is a great player, great for North but rfespect Zeke's view, he an Above Average player not the superior brand Carey , Hird or Crawford are.
He's great in his determination and his persistance on and off the field, but he wasn't going to be a Brownlow winner.

Zeke said:

Anthony Stevens is a very good ordinary footballer, who made the most of his opportunities, faced adversity and overcame it. He's not the lone ranger. As a footballer, he's in the class of a Paul Licuria - are you going to tell me he's a legend and a great?

Mate - the word "ordinary" should not appear in the same sentence as the words "Anthony Stevens"

The words "Paul Licuria" should not appear in the same 5000 page epic as the words "Anthony Stevens"

Cheers

Gonzo

captain-boomer said:
Stevo is a great player, great for North but rfespect Zeke's view, he an Above Average player not the superior brand Carey , Hird or Crawford are.
He's great in his determination and his persistance on and off the field, but he wasn't going to be a Brownlow winner.

Start of their careers, i would take Stevo over Crawford without hesitation.

And I think crawford is a gun and a good bloke.

NorthBhoy said:
Plainly incorrect.

Forget opinion, all the facts on offer say you're wrong.

Code:
Anthony Stevens - dual Best & Fairest

4880 disposals @ 21.4
 869 marks     @  3.8
 657 tackles   @  2.9
  99 goals     @  0.4

Paul Licuria - dual Best & Fairest

2820 disposals @ 20.6
 603 marks     @  4.4
 332 tackles   @  2.4
  42 goals     @  0.3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can look back at his football career with a lot of satisfaction. He would have to be one of the most admired and respected players in the game.

Zeke said:
Oh, I'm sorry - I thought this was an individual thread, not a team thread.

I think the point was that Stevo was twice B&F and top two six times in a team that made seven PFs in a row for 3 GFs and two flags. His contribution was huge in making a champion team, as most commentators are saying today. No need to compare with anyone - it's a time to just look at the individual and what they achieved. And when Lica hangs up the boots we can do the same for him.

Congrats to Anthony Stevens on announcing his retirement.

This actually caught me off guard. I didn't find out until Monday afternoon.

I wonder what he will do next year?

goaldrush1977 said:
This actually caught me off guard. I didn't find out until Monday afternoon.

I wonder what he will do next year?

I know what he's planning to do, therefore shouldn't you? After all, I didn't find out he was retiring until it was formally announced on Wednesday.

I thought he was a magnificent player. Hard at the ball, unselfish and an excellent kick.
Zeke - some advice. You need to sit back and have a good read of what you have been writing. You comments appear to be from someone with limited knowledge of the game, or tunnel vision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Stevens Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back