Anti-AFL thread - post here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critical of Rugby League? Care to elaborate on that? I still actually play the game.....am I allowed to be critical of it, or are there rules against that?

I didn't realise I had to follow one code of football. I'll try and do better next time. My apologies.

Originally posted by Spiteful Beetle
Critical of Rugby League? Care to elaborate on that? I still actually play the game.....am I allowed to be critical of it, or are there rules against that?

I didn't realise I had to follow one code of football. I'll try and do better next time. My apologies.

Apology accepted.

Now go away you Pimms drinking, elbow patch wearing Union skirt.

Elaboration?

Like this?

Originally posted by Spiteful Beetle
Don't worry, all the Wallaby tests will be live on 7, which is more than I can say about the Kangaroo Test (s?) which was shown delayed so Channel Nein could fit it into its lovely timeslot of 8:30 Friday night, right after Bukes Backyard.

You didn't happen to notice that the Rugby League Test happened to beat the AFL last Friday night in Oztam's 3 AFL city v 2 NRL city ratings? Of course that's putting Brisbane as an AFL city which in itself is up for debate here.

http://www.oztam.com.au/downloads/pdfs/latest/e_20040418.pdf

What a bastard eh?

Imagine what would have happened if it was live into 3 states like the AFL.

LOL

Read it and weep.

121,696 Collingwood v Carlton M.C.G. 1970
119,165 Richmond v Carlton M.C.G. 1969
118,192 St Kilda v Hawthorn M.C.G. 1971
116,956 Richmond v Carlton M.C.G. 1973
116,828 Essendon v Carlton M.C.G. 1968
115,803 Melbourne v Collingwood M.C.G. 1956
113,839 Richmond v Kangaroos M.C.G. 1974
113,545 Collingwood v Carlton M.C.G. 1979
113,461 Richmond v Collingwood M.C.G. 1980
112,964 Collingwood v Carlton M.C.G. 1981

Originally posted by Pantsless
Read it and weep.

121,696 Collingwood v Carlton M.C.G. 1970
119,165 Richmond v Carlton M.C.G. 1969
118,192 St Kilda v Hawthorn M.C.G. 1971
116,956 Richmond v Carlton M.C.G. 1973
116,828 Essendon v Carlton M.C.G. 1968
115,803 Melbourne v Collingwood M.C.G. 1956
113,839 Richmond v Kangaroos M.C.G. 1974
113,545 Collingwood v Carlton M.C.G. 1979
113,461 Richmond v Collingwood M.C.G. 1980
112,964 Collingwood v Carlton M.C.G. 1981

Read it and weep? LOL

A C&P job from rleague of the top AFL Finals crowds?

I already knew that and there's no argument there. What would you like me to say?

If that was an attempt to divert from the argument that the NRL has the largest H&A crowd in Australia, it isn't working.

AFL has the better finals crowd and Rugby League has the better H&A crowd.

Originally posted by littleduck
Remind me again which sport has the record crowd at the SCG?

Who cares?

You lost the argument about crowd sizes, so you try changing the argument to suit yourselves and make yourself look good.

Tell me, who's got the record crowd at the Gabba?

Muppet..

Originally posted by littleduck
Remind me again which sport has the record crowd at the SCG?

Well littleduck, it's probably not this one...

46,168 Sydney v Geelong S.C.G. 1997

It's more than likely this one....

78,065 Souths v St_George S.C.G. 18-Sep-1965

or if it's just H&A crowds at the SCG, then this one...

55,934 St_George v Balmain S.C.G. 19-Jun-1966

Which I was at.

Who cares?

You lost the argument about crowd sizes, so you try changing the argument to suit yourselves and make yourself look good.

Muppet..

Peck. There is no argument. AFL has the biggest finals crowd and the NRL has the biggest H&A crowd.

Name one match of Rugby League played at the Gabba?

What's the record Crowd at QEII.

Moron.

37,433 Brisbane Lions v Port Adelaide Gabba 2002

hahahahahaahaha

You beat one home....

58593 Brisbane v St_George QE_II 27-Aug-1993
57212 Brisbane v Gold_Coast QE_II 18-Jun-1993
54751 Brisbane v Canterbury QE_II 25-Jul-1993
54645 Brisbane v Warriors QE_II 27-Aug-1995
51517 Brisbane v Parramatta QE_II 28-Mar-1993
49607 Brisbane v South_Qld QE_II 31-Mar-1995
47486 Brisbane v Balmain QE_II 28-Aug-1994
46001 Brisbane v Canberra QE_II 04-Apr-1993
45257 Brisbane v Parramatta QE_II 20-Aug-1999
44511 Brisbane v Penrith QE_II 10-Apr-1994
44395 Brisbane v Canterbury QE_II 21-Apr-1995
42361 Brisbane v Warriors QE_II 01-Mar-1997
41211 Brisbane v Easts QE_II 07-Aug-1994
40733 Brisbane v Wests QE_II 06-Jun-1993
39843 Brisbane v St_George QE_II 17-Apr-1995
39193 Brisbane v Balmain QE_II 13-Aug-1993
39109 Brisbane v Manly QE_II 13-Mar-1998
38302 Brisbane v Canterbury QE_II 10-Jun-1994
37749 Brisbane v St_George QE_II 25-Mar-1994
37248 Brisbane v Canberra QE_II 12-May-1996

Originally posted by E.A.
AFL has the better finals crowd and Rugby League has the better H&A crowd.
Thats a great argument E.A. Its great to see that RL has the record H&A crowd. BUT, they had to do it with TWO games, no not ONE game, but TWO and hold it at the GRAND OPENING of Stadium Australia, an Olympic venue. Sure the record stands, but its full of holes. I bet the NRL even used it to beef up there averages for that year, now thats pathetic.

How about we compare round by round over the past 10 years (AFL Vs NRL) of H&A crowds, lets include finals as well. How well does RL look?? Very sick I think.

Who cares?

Muppet..
A Rugby League Test Match in the 1950's I think it was..

Elaboration?

Like this?

You didn't happen to notice that the Rugby League Test happened to beat the AFL last Friday night in Oztam's 3 AFL city v 2 NRL city ratings? Of course that's putting Brisbane as an AFL city which in itself is up for debate here.

http://www.oztam.com.au/downloads/pdfs/latest/e_20040418.pdf

What a bastard eh?

Imagine what would have happened if it was live into 3 states like the AFL.

LOL
So what was the test up against in Sydney and Brisbane that night? An old Doris Day movie, Inspector Morse, Dad's Army? I'd watch "sport" over an old re-run as well. Thats why Friday night Footy ratings can be flawed, they are up against crap and people dont watch crap, although people in Sydney watch a "test" match. Its quite funny you know, you ask someone in Victoria, WA, SA, Tas or NT who the Kangaroos are and they'll say "Why North Melbourne of course".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Mickey
So what was the test up against in Sydney and Brisbane that night? An old Doris Day movie, Inspector Morse, Dad's Army? I'd watch "sport" over an old re-run as well. Thats why Friday night Footy ratings can be flawed, they are up against crap and people dont watch crap, although people in Sydney watch a "test" match. Its quite funny you know, you ask someone in Victoria, WA, SA, Tas or NT who the Kangaroos are and they'll say "Why North Melbourne of course".
We all know the tv ratings system is flawed, so you are preaching to the converted on this forum mate.

As for the "Kangaroos" you are 100% correct. The flip side is any mention of the "Kangaroos" in any pub in NSW or QLD and youll no doubt begin to hear stories of great past RL football clashes with the Old Dart.

I have no idea what it was up against, I was watching the Rugby League test....

What was the AFL up against in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth?

Whatever it was up against in Perth, it looks like it got it's arse spanked.

Pop quiz... If you ask someone in Victoria who the All Australian team plays against, what do they say, what do they say?.....

It's very easy to be critical of something you don't have and won't have in the forseeable future. When AFL begins full Internationals against another country, we can continue that part of this discussion and then and only then you may have a reason to be critical of the players who represent our country plaing Rugby League.

Thats a great argument E.A. Its great to see that RL has the record H&A crowd. BUT, they had to do it with TWO games, no not ONE game, but TWO and hold it at the GRAND OPENING of Stadium Australia, an Olympic venue. Sure the record stands, but its full of holes. I bet the NRL even used it to beef up there averages for that year, now thats pathetic.

How about we compare round by round over the past 10 years (AFL Vs NRL) of H&A crowds, lets include finals as well. How well does RL look?? Very sick I think.

Why is the record full of holes again?

They were H&A matches regardless of what spin you choose to put on it.

Which team has the MCG as their home ground?

Why would I want to compare total H&A crowds? Where did I say that the NRL beat the AFL on total crowds?

When you say that AFL crowds are bigger than NRL Crowds in the past 10 years, you're right. Where's the argument?

I make a comment or ask a question, loaded of course, and someone takes the bait because to them, it looks wrong and I'm accused of being the one that's taking the bait?

****, one guy even deliberately posted incorrect information from rleague. That's pretty lame.

Deal in facts and there really are very few arguments to be had.

I'd say no littleduck, but I tend to think that AFL supporters will say yes.

By the way, there's a fantastic movie on 10 tonight. If anyone gets bored with the Footy, tune into Almost Famous at 9.30.

I have it on DVD so I'll be watching the Footy.

A guy at work asked me about rugby earlier. I started explaining that there's two forms of the game.

A couple of minutes later he asked me, "What's the one we play internationals against other countries? The Wallabies?" I said, "yeah, that's union. The Kangaroos are our national team in league". He replies, "nah, thats North melbourne isn't it?"

I have no idea what it was up against, I was watching the Rugby League test....

What was the AFL up against in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth?

Whatever it was up against in Perth, it looks like it got it's arse spanked.

Pop quiz... If you ask someone in Victoria who the All Australian team plays against, what do they say, what do they say?.....

It's very easy to be critical of something you don't have and won't have in the forseeable future. When AFL begins full Internationals against another country, we can continue that part of this discussion and then and only then you may have a reason to be critical of the players who represent our country plaing Rugby League.
Perth does get hammered, the reason is because the game is always delayed by 3 hours and everyone knows the score and has seen highlights - I wouldn't watch either.

Rugby League is not respresenting our country, they are representing NSW/QLD. Sure the population is large, but its not our country. As for AFL and its IR series, I dont care, talk to someone who does.

A guy at work asked me about rugby earlier. I started explaining that there's two forms of the game.

A couple of minutes later he asked me, "What's the one we play internationals against other countries? The Wallabies?" I said, "yeah, that's union. The Kangaroos are our national team in league". He replies, "nah, thats North melbourne isn't it?"
Go back pre-mid 90s mate and youll find that the Kangaroos (RL) were far more popular than the Wallabies (RU), including Sydney Brisbane and Melbourne.

Perth does get hammered, the reason is because the game is always delayed by 3 hours and everyone knows the score and has seen highlights - I wouldn't watch either.

Rugby League is not respresenting our country, they are representing NSW/QLD. Sure the population is large, but its not our country. As for AFL and its IR series, I dont care, talk to someone who does.
On that logic, you must also say:
- the Wallabies dont represent our country, only NSW/QLD.
- the International Rules AFL team dont represent our country, as 99% of the team are VIC SA WA born players.

The reason the Wallabies became more popular than the Kangaroos was because of a very succesful marketing campaign by the ARU to promote the Wallabies. The Wallabies are Rugby's greatest money spinner, and have become a valuable brand.

LOL

So you work with an imbecile?

Big deal.

So does he.

Like littleduck pointed out....

Do you consider that the Wallabies represent our country?

Or the team that plays the Hybrid matches against Ireland?

Last time I looked, each one of them had Australia on the Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back