Anti-AFL thread - post here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by hirdy_is_champ
bring it on league!! it shows that league is also crap coz u have to get a team from another country to play in an aussie based rugby league comp. thats just stupid if u ask me. but its probably coz qld, act and nsw r the only rugby states (and afl is becoming very popular in qld with the sucsess of brissy).

afl is played in vic, sa, wa, tas, and nt. thats y we have such good supporter bases. im sure none of the league clubs could get 40,000 members.

Goo Goo GAA GAA

Someone change this kid's nappy please!! He stinks.

Originally posted by littleduck
big f**king deal if you can claim twice as many States for AFL, thats just a meaningless simpleton argument.

4 AFL States = 48% of the population.
2 NRL States = 52% of the population.

Big f***ing deal if you have twice as many States.
I dont think this argument has been put in place before but "do all those 52% people support league?".
Also, "twice as many states means more wide spead".

AFL has more crowds, AFLs got more money, cop that in the forehead people.

And leb, u are correct, wrong spelling, wrong grammar. Keep working on it. You think i talk bull****, but u talk bull**** in another language.

Originally posted by Crooked Rain
Effeminate would be a good term to use for the AR tackling style.

How would you term Ian Roberts' tackling style then?

Not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

Originally posted by holc
yep and the replyers end up looking as bad as them

Wouldn't be so bad if they contested the original claims with dignity and intelligence instead of poor spelling, grammar, insults and blue language.

Originally posted by dyertribe
How would you term Ian Roberts' tackling style then?

Not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

One of the biggest hitters seen in the game. His bedroom habits aside, Robbo was a man not to be messed with.

Originally posted by Sid
I dont think this argument has been put in place before but "do all those 52% people support league?".
Of course not. The other 48% don't all support AFL either. It's impossible to attract 100% support, it hasn't anywhere in world sport ever, and never will.

Also, "twice as many states means more wide spead".
Big f***ing deal whether they are jammed into a small geographic area like sardines or "more wide spread".

AFL has more crowds, AFLs got more money, cop that in the forehead people.
AFL have always had bigger aggregate crowds, still do, and always will. AFL now attracts more revenue, but hasn't always dominated revenue to the extent crowds have dominated.

Originally posted by Crooked Rain
One of the biggest hitters seen in the game. His bedroom habits aside, Robbo was a man not to be messed with.

Yeah I know, I was just p|sstaking in the spirit of the thread - he had a fair few international caps and origin jumpers didn't he?

Big f***ing deal whether they are jammed into a small geographic area like sardines or "more wide spread".
Well i reckon it is a bit of a deal because u guys seem to hit back when we say we are national.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by nicko18
i've posted it before in this forum somewhere, couldnt be bothered digging it up, but the NRL would never breakdown their figures like that. They are much less transparent for some reason. I've only ever found the total figure before, and the only reason that figure was even released was because of the fracas with the RLPA

Yeah, sure.

"I can't be bothered" = I'm talking ****e.

I wasn't the one claiming to have posted the figures.

And to my knowledge, they aren't available to the general public.

Next stupid question?

AFL is more national, nothing to argue against there, other than to say its far from truly national.

true there little duck. but wouldn't you rather play a game that is aussie and is only played here?
that is what makes our game unique.

Originally posted by E.A.
I wasn't the one claiming to have posted the figures.

And to my knowledge, they aren't available to the general public.

Next stupid question?
and you had a go at him for being lazy.........all I was doing was asking if you could post the figures, now I know you cant so thats the end of that.

Obviously it shows that the NRL's revenue is much much lower than the AFL, nothing wrong with that though.

Originally posted by hirdy_is_champ
true there little duck. but wouldn't you rather play a game that is aussie and is only played here?
that is what makes our game unique.
no, i wouldnt deliberately play a game just because no1 else in the world does, and nor would i deliberately not play a game bcoz its australian and invite the cultural cringe response from some of you.

the reality is from day 1 the southern half of the country and the northern part of the country embraced different codes --- AFL in the South, Rugby in the North -- after a while however, the North was split again into League & Union.

on that basis, i dont properly understand the argument you hear often on BF that says just because the southern half invented a game thats truly australian made, that the northern half should somehow stop what they are doing to support it. thats a nonsense argument if you ask me.

the reality is that League & Union have a long & proud history in this country and are properly considered great Australian games of national significance, alongside AFL & other sports.

Originally posted by AuckMel
Wasn't the figure around 80 mil or something like that?

IIRC, the % to players was a tad over 30. I could be wrong though.
yeah, issues were raised as to where exactly the revenue was being spent, but as we know, the NRL are not transparent in such details (alarm bells?)

Originally posted by nicko18
HAHAHA

typically, you just dont want to believe it. You musnt follow the game very closely if you hardly know anything about, or didnt follow the RLPA dispute.

Simply put, you can't back it up by posting it so you're doing something you do constantly, you talk through your arse.

Me believing any statement from you without you backing it up is akin to you believing me under the same conditions.

The difference is that I back it up and you back it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back