anyone else stoked with griffin?

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope there is no "collateral damage" with us getting Griff and Griff emerging as a very good ruckman.

Griff is 25, Sandi is 28 going 29.

As shown yesterday, there is no room for Griff and Clarke in the same team (or Sandi/Clark or Sandi/Griffin). Griff looks to be clearly ahead of Clarke.

It looms as a similar situation to Warnock. I.e. a kid with lots of talent, rotting away in the WAFL, not being given an extended shot at leading the ruck and becoming a bit discontent because they can't see when their opportunity is going to arise.

I hope its not the case. Would be a shame to lose Clarke as I can see us getting little return (i.e. maybe a second round pick) for a kid who could end up being Cox-like.

Very happy with Griff.

Just gives our coaching staff more selection options. Sandi/Griff I reckon would be a very potent combination. We would just temper it based on the opposition makeup.

Yep - we are not losing because of sandi - it's the other missing cattle and some mental toughness losing when he's not there

Out of interest, how has he been around the ground when playing for you guys? I know with the Crows he was a great tap ruckman and had a pretty decent tank but he just didn't seem to get involved in the plays or use his size to his advantage in marking contests etc.

I will be interested to see how Freo use him when Sandilands comes back as I don't believe he is that great in another position (unless his been working on that in the wanfl?). Possibly a chance that Freo could use Sandilands more in the forward line when he comes back at least to ease him in whilst leaving Griffin in the ruck?

Anyways, hope he keeps it up.:thumbsu:

Out of interest, how has he been around the ground when playing for you guys? I know with the Crows he was a great tap ruckman and had a pretty decent tank but he just didn't seem to get involved in the plays or use his size to his advantage in marking contests etc.

I will be interested to see how Freo use him when Sandilands comes back as I don't believe he is that great in another position (unless his been working on that in the wanfl?). Possibly a chance that Freo could use Sandilands more in the forward line when he comes back at least to ease him in whilst leaving Griffin in the ruck?

Anyways, hope he keeps it up.:thumbsu:

his around the ground work is probably what i have been most impressed with. he runs hard to make an option, and he seems to have really good hands. his confidence is obviously up which helps but he has been so far above expectation for me that im genuinely suprised.

it isnt just his performances in the last two weeks though, i noticed him at training in the preseason and he was ultra fit, and seemed so hungry. he had good skills then... he then proceeded to dominate at wafl level for 7 weeks... he has deserved his opportunity and the rewards he has gotten for all of his effort :thumbsu:

Griff would get a game as first ruckman for a few clubs, very happy with him.

But that kick backwards............fk me........you're a ruckman, don't try anything cute, just kick it down the flipping line!!!!

He was directed by someone??? to kick there.... They were pointing to direct him....who was it..? MJ Ibbo, ?? when you point like that it also gives the opposition a first foot.

Just a fantastic pickup by our recruitment staff, he has been excellent in every game so far in the absence of Sandilands and I really hope he doesn't get dropped when the big man comes back in because his form warrants a spot in the side.

Kudos to the development team too because I saw him play a few games for Adelaide and he was mediocre and a fringe player, obviously reaping the benefits of a really good preseason :thumbsu:

was wondering if anyone else is as happy with griffin as i am, he was clearly brought in as a backup to sandi, however since he has arrived at the club he has trained well, dominated at wafl level, and when given his opportunity to play has more than held his own as our number 1 ruck.

very good astute pickup imo, another win for the recruiters:thumbsu:

He's been rather good. Great snap goal today as well. Even bagged our first win with him today minus Sandi.

Cheers Adelaide Crows.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That goal weaving through traffic was all class. There seriously aren't that many ruckmen in the AFL who could kick a goal like that.

You have to wonder how he looks so much better than he used to at Adelaide. Seems 'Fremantled' is taking on a whole new meaning these days.

Harves said post-game that Sandi is on track to return in one to two weeks ... think his injury may have been a blessing - ensures he won't get burnt out late in the season and gave Griff and Clarke a chance to shine on their own.

That goal weaving through traffic was all class. There seriously aren't that many ruckmen in the AFL who could kick a goal like that.

You have to wonder how he looks so much better than he used to at Adelaide. Seems 'Fremantled' is taking on a whole new meaning these days.
Beaut goal, wasn't it? Absolute committment to winning the football.

Surely he is playing well enough to stay in the team when Sandi comes back

At this rate I can't see how Sandi's going to get back into the team :p

Seriously though, we'll see in 2-3 weeks, but if his form stays were it is, I can't see how Harves could rightfully drop him.

Is there any way to have Sandi & Griff in the team as a dual ruck rover set-up or is that consigned to history these days?

Even Clarke hasn't been too bad either.

Been very happy with Griff - is quite good with hitouts, has good size, does 1%ers and is much better around the ground than I expected. Goal in the 3rd was awesome.:thumbsu: Rotate him and Sandi between FF and the Ruck.:D

Is there any way to have Sandi & Griff in the team as a dual ruck rover set-up or is that consigned to history these days?

Even Clarke hasn't been too bad either.

sandi and griff combo would have to be guaranteed now, surely? what do we do with clarke though? i'd like to see him continue but doing what?

Clarke has been ok, but with Sandi coming back someone has to make way. Not to mention Silvagni pressing for selection, we will need to chop some of the tall timber.

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else stoked with griffin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back