anyone else stoked with griffin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sand, Griff and Zac would ALL fit in the same team, sans MJ and someone else.

1 tall forward, 1 1st string ruck, 1 second ruck/resting fwd.

What an incredible player. How were there ever doubts about him being AFL quality?

I don't think I've seen a big man want something as bad.

Super on field leadership as well.

Gave Pavlich a rocket for being crab like half way through the last quarter. Telling him he needs to run for him.

Was the lone voice and motivator out on the ground half way through the last.

The first time I've seen him play and already just about my favourite. :thumbsu:

I admit i have to help myself to some of that humble pie that has been going around recently. Have seen a few of his games over at Adelaide i was a bit wtf over his recruitment but so far it seems to be quite an astute choice. Am especially stoked that he is now fulfilling his childhood dream (and mine unfortunately):)

Now that MJ has possibly found his niche in the forward line, I think we seriously need another tall defender. Once Sandi and Silvagni are back, i dont think we can cut down on midfielders, so Griffin and Clarke will have to go...or one of them with Keplar.

yep, grif has been great and the best thing i love about grif is the following quote

"i supported freo as a kid, and i was lucky enough for them to give me a chance to come home, i love this club and just hope i can give something back while sandi is out, and when he comes back i hope i can offer something to stay in the team"

now if that isnt a committed team man, i dont know what is.... love him :thumbsu:

p.s anyone suggesting kepler is almost on the outer is on crack. MJ has had one good game in 5 years, once snos is back he is going to be a perth regular.... and thank fckk for that

We'll most definitely have Griff and Sandi in the side when Sandi returns. Both will cause headaches whilst resting forward and either can be subbed if we need more run late in the third/fourth etc..

Really happy to see Griff finally playing some good footy. Had high hopes for him for quite a long time. Could always play, but unfortunately for us, he played with little to no intensity. Very interesting to see how hungry he seems now, hopefully continues in this vein and has a decent career.

have we ever had a really mobile big man?
all of sudden in griffin and zac, we're blessed with two of them, which makes the team much harder to match up on. if they continue to develop, we could have our own waite and warnock type combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really happy to see Griff finally playing some good footy. Had high hopes for him for quite a long time. Could always play, but unfortunately for us, he played with little to no intensity. Very interesting to see how hungry he seems now, hopefully continues in this vein and has a decent career.

being able to play footy without the distractions and tyranny of distance from his family makes such a difference.

Dont know f it has been mentioned earlier but having 2 of Sandi, Griff and Zac makes us less predicatable from the kick ins... most of the times we just bomb it to Sandi and the opposition are ready at his feet to mop up if it goes to ground.

Having one on each wing opens up the options I reckon, must play at least 2 of them.

have we ever had a really mobile big man?
all of sudden in griffin and zac, we're blessed with two of them, which makes the team much harder to match up on. if they continue to develop, we could have our own waite and warnock type combination.

Troy Simmonds was very mobile until someone had an idea to beef him up and plonk him at full forward.

Troy Simmonds was very mobile until someone had an idea to beef him up and plonk him at full forward.

that's right. graham pollack too. and daniel bandy, as you mentioned in the zac thread. i can't remember what it was like with pollack and simmonds in the team, but they played about the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else stoked with griffin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back